A Guest Post With Auntie Mich

Guest Post

A Guest Post With Auntie Mich

Today I am sharing First guest post on my blog,its my pleasure to have a smart girly type Auntie on the world wide web,I hope you will enjoy her post here & visit her blog to check more smart ideas..so Over to Auntie Mich

A Guest Post With Auntie Mich

Hi to all you lovely readers of Creative Mind!  I’m super excited to be visiting with a guest post today.  My name is Michelle L. and I live in Los Angeles.  So my blog is called Mich L. in L.A.  I make recycled, upcycled, repurposed jewelry out of lotsa weird things.  Like computer keys, chessmen and faucet handles…

Khadija wondered if I make ‘real’ jewelry, too.  Sometimes!

Today I’m sharing a tutorial for fun recycled flowers.

Here is all you need:

Cut the bottom off a plastic bottle, and make a hole in the center.  I like to melt the hole with a hot needle, but you could use a drill, or a hammer and nail.  Twist one end of a wire to attach it to a short length of Mardi Gras beads.  Trim the wire tail, then add any silk flowers you like.

Thread the wire through your plastic bottle piece.  Using something round, make a loop in the wire.  Then twist it tight against the bottle piece.  This will hold your flower together.

Done!  Make a bunch, and you have a sweet recycled bouquet.
Thanks for having me over, Khadija!  You are an extremely cool and creative person, and I am so happy to be your A.I.A.!  (Adopted Internet Auntie.)
Thanks A.I.A..for sharing this interesting recycling with us..stay Happy with lots of success..
Oh yes,Dont Forget to visit my next post in which i will show you the tutorial of a BIRDY NECKLACE,the bird of the necklace was gifted by Auntie Mich a few months back..yap..so stay tuned..

1. Michelle L.

April 28, 2011 at 7:22 pm

Oooh, I am so thrilled to be your first guest! I love it here, and cannot imagine a sweeter hostess. Thanks so much, Khadija. Now go study! Love and hugs, Mich

2. lisbonlioness

April 28, 2011 at 7:47 pm

It’s great to see that two of my favourite “online- ladies” are friends! Mich, your idea is wonderful, I kinda picture them, for no reason other than because I can, in a tree that needs flowers in it.
    I have a plum tree in my garden, and nothing makes me more sad than when it sheds all its beautiful white buds. Maybe I could make Mr Plumtree happy with these flowers wrapped around his branches?
    Thanks, Khadija, for hosting this. You girls are two peas in a pod!
    Oh, and Mich? I have a moonstone pendant (store- bought) that looks EXACTLY like the silver finding in the cactus- green necklace you showed in your post. Which, by the way, is cactaelicious!

3. LV

April 29, 2011 at 12:19 am

I will leave the making of these lovely pieces to others. I am not into that at this stage of life. I enjoy seeing what others make and all of these are very pretty.

April 29, 2011 at 7:46 am

WELCOME TO PAKISTAN AUNTIE MICH…
    its so sweet to read your nice words,oh yes after one hour i will be OUT for university(for studies of course :) Now using PC just for a moment..
    A warm Hug back~

Steff;
    Oh ya..we are friends..without any age limit.& online relative too..hehe
    oh yes,you can adopt this idea for your tree..how smart it will be!!!
    well stay tuned until next post for the green necklace tutu..thanks again :)

LV:
    Hey you are not out of young age..feel more young & smart my dear..after all you are AT MY BLOG..
    the compulsory age for reading this blog is from 1 year–1000 year..so please join me always if you are INN..LV dear you are just 81 now..so what honey..you are so young..hmm

Love you all girlies,youngies,oldies & smarties… stay connected..

Me going to University now..will be back at 8 pm..bebyeeee

5. Sarah

April 29, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Nice to see her on your blog.she is a funny creative lady.keep rocking both ladies.good luck for your studies

6. Jill

May 1, 2011 at 12:05 am

What a great guest post! Mich is soo creative and comes up with some amazing jewellery!!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success

7. Michele Pacey

May 5, 2011 at 3:31 pm

hey it’s Michelle! what a lovely guest poster. so creative, as usual! and of course I am a huge fan of the recycling! way to do it again Michelle!

8. Emreen

May 6, 2011 at 11:37 am

Great guest post… Lovely and beautiful recycled flowers… Love all the jewellery pieces…

May 6, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Sarah;
    yes,Se is my swwweeety,thanks

Jill;
    Thanks dear,she is always amazing in playing with FUNNN..i love her creativity & love for reuse

Michele;
    Welcome dear :)
    Ya she is always awesome..very smart Auntie :)

Emreen;
    Thanks to Auntie Mich,for being my guest..her jewelry is really interesting..

Thanks again