DIY Sunburst Mirror(Spoons Recycling)

DIY

DIY Sunburst Mirror(Spoons Recycling)

I always enjoy experimenting with some unusual & fun things, My today’s post is also a fun idea,if anyone among you is not going to like this idea, so You Can! Lets see in detail what I have done :)

DIY Sunburst Mirror

I was thinking about painting these spoons but I thought this red will be a good color for spring!

A close up…

DIY Sunburst Mirror

My sister was always throwing these spoons from her kids formula milk boxes, & once I ask her to give some of these spoons to me, may be I will reuse..she smiled & then start saving for me…after a few weeks she gave me all these red colored spoons!

~ PROCESS ~

DIY Sunburst Mirror

-You will need to have some spoons
-Any transparent glue like mod podge.(my mod podge is going to finish soon,so I am using a local glue from hardware store)
-A round board with fixed hook for hanging on wall.
-A Mirror
-Two sizes of small mirrors,which are usually used here in hand embroidery work.

DIY Sunburst Mirror

-First I paste all little mirrors on spoons.
-I also paint the hardboard with black spray paint.
-when they will be dried totally,I fix big Mirror on hard board with samad glue,which is more sticky but not transparent.
-when the mirror will be fixed & dried totally,I start fixing & gluing spoons at the border.

DIY Sunburst Mirror

I made it late night & when I saw this in morning I was feeling so funny! haha..spoons on wall? its perfect for our dining room wall or kitchen side area :)

I also play with some photo editing fun!

I realize it seems like a ring I have made previously! you can see Here,

I am attending my evening classes at university these days,this post was done in my drafts & I thought to publish today, I am feeling sad right now! You know what happened?

This evening,When I was coming back from university after taking my classes,it was raining with thunder storm,my father was driving but He park the car for a few minutes because of heavy rain!
And we reached home safe but we saw breaking news at TV about a passenger plane crash in our city, because of lightening & storm!

127 people died in airbus crash & our city became so sad after this accident, I was hearing lots of voices of ambulances & rescue teams during these hours & there are tears & prayers for all of them & their families!
May their souls rest in peace…

1. ART NOUVEAU

April 20, 2012 at 8:20 pm

Αmazing!!Just amazing!!

2. debra valiante

April 20, 2012 at 8:32 pm

great idea. Of course if I were to make one it would be different because I would find different spoons here in the US but it would still be pretty. I love reading your posts keep it going

3. Priya

April 20, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Wow stunning..

4. pitavola

April 20, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Que buenisima idea con las cucharas! el anillo tambien te ha quedado precioso
    Bsos

5. El Olor de Cádiz

April 20, 2012 at 9:22 pm

HOLA KHADIJA !!!!!!! QUE ESTUPENDISIMA IDEA !!!!!
    Y EL ANILLO QUEDO GENIAL DE VERDAD. ME ALEGRO DE SALUDARTE, AUNQUE AHORA MISMO NO ESTOY EN MI CIUDAD. ESTOY VISITANDO A MI FAMILIA EN BARCELONA. MUCHOS BESOS.

6. Vicki

April 20, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Lovely! It turned out great!

7. kitty

April 20, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Querida amiga: una idea excelente ! el reciclar esas cucharas de leche. Te ha quedado precioso.
    En cuanto a la tragedia del avión estoy enterada y mi pésame por tanta pérdida de vidas .
    Te mando un abrazo fuerte.

8. Kanan

April 20, 2012 at 11:49 pm

this looks amazing. awesome idea.

9. Michelle L.

April 21, 2012 at 12:16 am

K, that is so cool! I really like the extra mirrored dots, they make the whole design more jazzy! Or – do you know the word snazzy? That is one snazzy sunburst mirror!

Great recycling and great pics.

Very sad news about the flight that crashed – nature is wonderful but terrifying.

10. Miriam

April 21, 2012 at 12:20 am

Que bonito el espejo !!! la noticia del avión la escuché aquí (Uruguay) en el noticiero, algo muy triste. Me gustaría un mundo diferente donde nunca se escuchen esas noticias y no haya guerra, que solo haya gente buena. Besos

11. Jay

April 21, 2012 at 1:05 am

nice creativity…
    its very shocking to hear abt that tragedy in news..!

Tasty Appetite

12. cooking varieties (wan)

April 21, 2012 at 1:55 am

hi khadija, how are you.. looks like you are pretty busy here with all things crafty, have a nice day

13. ♥●• İzdihër •●♥

April 21, 2012 at 3:42 am

It’s so nice ;).

14. Rashida shaikh

April 21, 2012 at 5:30 am

I saw in the newz, felt bad for them.
    Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un.

Good post dear…

15. Noblesse

April 21, 2012 at 5:51 am

stunning!gorgeous!

16. Dr Sonia S V

April 21, 2012 at 6:14 am

Oh I love this Khadija– what fabulous recycling. Do enter this for Yvonne’s recycling challenge. Here is the link:http://yyam.blogspot.in/2012/04/recycling-with-sonia-suprabha-venugopal.html

17. Nana

April 21, 2012 at 6:24 am

The idea with the mirror and the spoons is fabolous!!!!

We had thunder this night too and I think we all should be aware that things like that plane accident happen and that we all should be glad that we´re alive and healthy.

Nana

April 21, 2012 at 6:55 am

Thank You Everyone, I love reading your sweet words!
    Last night I was really tense about that horrible plane crash in my city,I thought to write a blog post,because its always relaxing to read your words & it was so nice when I approve many comments in the morning!
    Thanks again & I will suggest, if anybody want relaxation,,lets blog :)

19. TOÑO

April 21, 2012 at 7:10 am

Hello khadija. comment on first the terrible news the crash of the plane, my condolences to all the families of the victims, I understand your sadness.The creative work you present today is a good idea and practice, I like very much. greeting

20. rainbowcreek

April 21, 2012 at 8:19 am

I felt awful about the plane crash too. I am sad for the family and friends of all those people. I just found your blog yesterday and I love your creations so much. They are so original and unique. The spoon mirror is amazing, how do you ever think of these ideas??

21. SPYRIDOULA

April 21, 2012 at 8:23 am

The mirror is really gorgeous!If i could find those spoons here in Greece i would surely try your idea!Thanks for sharing!Im really sorry to hear about the accident my condolences to the families of the victims.

22. Jaleela

April 21, 2012 at 8:35 am

amazing work kathija

23. fiamma

April 21, 2012 at 9:05 am

This morning I read the crash of the plane.loss of life too:( my condolences to all the families of the victims.

24. Erin O'Riordan

April 21, 2012 at 12:53 pm

So sad about the accident.

Your sunburst design is very creative!

25. meijo's JOY

April 21, 2012 at 1:14 pm

Love the mirror…I mean really really love it and you are right…a very great decor for the dining area indeed..Yes, I read about the sad news too…Pray for all who lost their love ones…Takziah!

26. chillin with Quillin

April 21, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Awesome idea, very creative and love that its recycled!!!!
    so sorry to hear the bad news!!!
    Paula

April 21, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Thanks for writing me your sweet words and we can pray,may their souls rest in peace,Its a hard time for the families of victims :(
    today again its raining & while coming back from university this evening,I was thinking may be the sky is crying at this accident…..
    may God help everyone!

28. Iskrica

April 21, 2012 at 6:58 pm

your ideas are for oscar aword! for two oscars!

29. ARTiMAGINE

April 21, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Hey,

You definitely can be termed as the official queen of recycling and creativity…

Great Work…

30. HRANDICA

April 21, 2012 at 8:10 pm

This is such a great idea. You are full of them.
    I wish you all the best.
    Hugs from Europe.

31. seniorpal

April 21, 2012 at 11:41 pm

So sorry of the tradgic crash. 129 lives Pray for them and there loved ones. Minnesota (U.S.A) has 1 too many. Allmost dont want to listen to news.You mirror is so cool. I have not seen those spoons before, must look.ALL your ideas are so totally beautiful.God Bless all of you in your homeland. Peace & Love

32. Holly

April 22, 2012 at 4:13 am

I think it turned out really cool! It reminds me of the sun. :)
    Found your blog on Vintage Wanna Bee. :)

33. Nähmeise

April 22, 2012 at 9:35 am

Hi Khadija,
    From small spoons to this graet mirror frame!! I am impressed! Thank you for the Tutorial !
    (I feel for the families of plane crash….

34. Magia da Inês

April 22, 2012 at 2:10 pm

♫♫°º
    Olá, amiga!
    Seu trabalho de reciclagem ficou alegre e muito decorativo.
    Muito triste o acidente, envio um abraço solidário.
    Bom domingo!
    Bom início de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil.
    °º✿
    º° ✿¸.•°❤

April 22, 2012 at 3:49 pm

Thank you friends, I appreciate your love & care..
    Thanks for enjoying my idea too..

36. SadeeStyle

April 22, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Oh God you made them to look very beautiful love the tutorial

37. Pippy

April 22, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I love when things are upcycled into new things! You did a great job!

New reader from It’s a Blog Party Weekly wrap-up!

38. yyam

April 23, 2012 at 1:30 am

Oh wow! What a cool idea with all those spoons! Looks fabulous!

P/s: Sorry about the terrible crash. What a tragedy for those involved.

39. Karima

April 23, 2012 at 8:35 am

Wow – Khadija what a brilliant idea!

40. viji

April 23, 2012 at 10:43 am

It is really so pretty dear.
    It is really very very sad news hearing the flight crash.
    viji

41. Our Pinteresting Family

April 23, 2012 at 11:19 am

I’m so sorry to hear of the plane crash in your town.

I love your idea with this formula spoons…so creative.

Megan

42. Dora

April 23, 2012 at 11:40 am

the sunburst mirror is lovely

43. ArtMuseDog and Carol

April 23, 2012 at 4:56 pm

Mirror is another awesome creation ~ glad you are safe from the plane crash ~thanks, namaste, ^_^

44. Jen C.

April 23, 2012 at 5:09 pm

I have spoons too from baby formula!! You have provided the inspiration! Thanks! I am a new follower – thanks for stopping by my way – I followed you back to your blog!

April 23, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Thank you so much for admiring my ideas & reading my post…so nice of you..I love visiting your blogs :)
    lots of Love ~

46. Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers

April 23, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I love how your mirror turned out! Such a creative use of materials.

47. Torviewtoronto

April 23, 2012 at 11:12 pm

beautiful work maasallah creative
    sad to hear the news

48. Jenny

April 23, 2012 at 11:29 pm

That mirror is so fun, you are so creative! I am your newest follower from the Networking Blog Hop! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

49. Jill

April 24, 2012 at 2:21 am

So glad you’re safe Khadija – such terrible news about the plane crash.

I Love your sunburst mirror though – especially the little mirrors on each spoon!! Fabulous!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

April 24, 2012 at 6:55 am

51. K

April 24, 2012 at 10:11 am

I LOVE the mirror!! amazing!! what a creative idea with the spoons!!!!

love K

52. K

April 24, 2012 at 11:58 am

OMG i know!!! i want to remove it so bad but i cant figure out how!! i see that you also have a blogspot blog? I would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy if you let me know how!!! I HATE word verification!!! my readers are not robots, get over it blogger, hahaha!!! :)

love K

53. Lílian Almeida

April 24, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Olá !
    Adoro os seus trabalhos, a criatividade e alegria de cada peça, obrigada pelo gentil cometário e por não se importar em compartilharmos !
    beijo !
    lílian

54. Patricia Torres

April 24, 2012 at 3:46 pm

oh my gosh.. this is sooooooooo cute!! its a lovely tutorial.. looks super easy!!

55. Susan @ Oh My! Creative

April 25, 2012 at 2:15 am

A total up-cycle project!

56. Laura

April 25, 2012 at 4:53 am

You have a lovely blog with so many inspiring posts! Thanks for sharing, would you like to follow each other?

57. Garage Sales R Us

April 25, 2012 at 4:56 am

WOW! That is so creative! I would have never thought about that! I am a new follower and can’t wait to see what you post next! I blog over at http://www.garagesalesrus.blogspot.com/ check us out when you get a chance!

58. Uta

April 25, 2012 at 5:10 am

It’s amazing! Great idea! .. hope you feel better right now.

April 25, 2012 at 9:47 am

Thanks everyone..Its so nice to read your sweet words!

60. Teresa Kline

April 25, 2012 at 9:47 am

very cool!

enjoy *~*

61. creativejewishmom/sara

April 25, 2012 at 5:49 pm

This is one of your very best projects, gorgeous! So sorry to hear about the plane crash, it is so very difficult to understand such senseless loss. All the best and thanks for sharing on Craft Schooling sunday.

62. Shiloh

April 25, 2012 at 7:12 pm

Fun! I love hte little mirrors.

63. Anita Houston

April 25, 2012 at 10:02 pm

First…so sorry about this tragedy. You are wonderful to inform us all. Second, that is a lot of milk spoons, those kids must have great bones. And third…wow…creatively brilliant here! This is upcycling at it’s best. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Frilly & Funkie!

64. Sarah

April 26, 2012 at 1:57 pm

What a creative idea! I have a ton of those formula spoons too. Thanks for sharing over at The Winthrop Chronicles! And that’s crazy about that plane crashing. So sad.

65. Michele Pacey

April 26, 2012 at 2:09 pm

So sorry to hear this sad news about the plane crash… How awful. My thoughts go out to the families of the victims.

But what a pretty mirror you’ve created! I just love it Khadija!

66. DearHelenHartman

April 26, 2012 at 2:36 pm

INSPIRING! I have some pink plastic ware that I haven’t figured out how to use and I am going to give this a go for a fun kitchen decoration. Thanks

67. ireminisces

April 26, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Inspiring indeed. Someone once asked Hadhrat Ibraheem bin Adham (Allaah have mercy upon him) for advice. Come and have a look at “Six Habits”

68. royalegacy

April 26, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Cool project! Great use of something that would have just been thrown away.

Coming to you from Katherine’s Favorite Things Blog Hop.

Danielle from Royalegacy

April 26, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Thank you so much for writing such sweet words here!
    Love ~

70. Jill @ KitchenFunWithMy3Sons.com

April 27, 2012 at 2:20 am

I love this! We just posted our Kitchen Fun & Craft Friday link party and would love for you to share this! http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/04/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_26.html

71. Sara Hassan

April 27, 2012 at 3:22 am

WOW! I love the mirror made of spoons. Good job!

Plane crash incident is indeed very sad for all of us :(

72. Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie

April 27, 2012 at 3:44 am

This is a totally BRILLIANT project. So clever and attractive. What an inspiration – you are an amazingly creative person to come up with this fabulous design. I hope you will enjoy using it in in your home.

So sorry to hear about the plane crash -that’s really horrible! I would be super upset and grieving too.

Thanks so much for joining the re-purposing fun with Frilly and Funkie this time around.

Hugs,
    Linda

73. Mindie Hilton

April 27, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Very cool mirror.

74. Katherines Corner

April 27, 2012 at 12:59 pm

You are so creative. I am happy you arrived home safe in the bad weather. So sorry to read about the plane crash. xo Thank you for linking to the Thursday Favorite Things hop I hope you have a weekend filled with happy!

75. Sue C

April 27, 2012 at 1:59 pm

Brilliant project, really striking !

How awful to have such a tragedy happen like that, my thoughts are with you.

Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

April 27, 2012 at 2:08 pm

Thanks Everyone..Love you all..Stay blessed :)

77. Carolyn

April 27, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Thank you so much for linking up your project. Just to let you know, you’re on the Inspiration Board spotlight today. Feel free to grab a featured button. Have a wonderful weekend.

78. cathy@my1929charmer

April 28, 2012 at 3:06 am

Love your sunburst, what a really creative idea. Love it. So sorry to hear about the plane crash, and that so many people lost their lives. I am so happy both you and your Dad are safe. Thanks for sharing you creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best Par.tay!

79. Cassidy

April 28, 2012 at 4:10 am

What an awesome mirror! Love the bright color!

80. Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

April 28, 2012 at 4:55 am

Hello, It’s my pleasure to feature you in my Fab Friday Favorites Post tonight. Thanks so much for linking up to my party & please feel free to take an “I Was Featured” button {if you don’t have one already}.

Warmly, Michele

81. Polkadot-pretties

April 28, 2012 at 8:15 am

Thank you for linking up this fabulous project!!!
    This week’s Linky Party is up!!!! http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_28.html
    I hope you will stop by an link up another lovely project..
    Claire x

82. Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .com

April 28, 2012 at 8:21 am

thank you for linking up your cute mirror at our party at http://www.finecraftguild.com/party/ , but I am sorry to hear about the tragic accident in your town!

83. Ambreen

April 28, 2012 at 1:42 pm

How cute & lovely idea! I’m so impressed by your creativity!
    That plane crash was so tragic and sad! Prayers to the families who lost their lives!

April 28, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Thanks a lot for appreciating my idea & for featuring this on your awesome blogs..so nice of you..

85. ToSewWith Love

April 28, 2012 at 4:01 pm

you always have clever repurposing ideas! We are featuring this today. have a lovely weekend!

Hugs,
    Lelanie

to-sew-with-love.com
    tocookwithlove.com

86. Melanie @ bear rabbit bear

April 28, 2012 at 10:58 pm

Thanks for linking to Things I’ve Done Thursday!

87. Shatzi @ Love and Laundry

April 29, 2012 at 11:24 pm

I love that mirror! So creative!!! I’m a new follower from the Sunday blog stalk. http://www.love-and-laundry.blogspot.com I’m your 1000th follower! Congrats!!

88. Jami

April 30, 2012 at 2:23 am

Thanks for linking up to the Tuesday To Do Party! Hope you’ll come again this week! This month’s Pretty Packages party is now up for any of your lovely wrapped gifts!
    Smiles!
    Jami

89. Jerri Rivers

May 3, 2012 at 6:17 am

I love this! So neat! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites! I’m featuring you this week. Come by and grab my featured button if you’d like one!

May 3, 2012 at 9:57 am

Thanks a lot Everyone :)
    Love ~

91. NYCLQ

May 7, 2012 at 11:06 am

Very Clever!!

xo Lynda

92. Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage

May 9, 2012 at 10:41 pm

That’s really a fun mirror, Khadija! Your sister’s family must use A LOT of powdered milk. ;)

I’m sorry to hear about the plane crash. Such things make me very sad.

Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday.

Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

93. Dr Sonia S V

May 11, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Dear Khadija,I loved your project so much,I have chosen you as winner in the Recycling challenge at Do More with Less and would like to feature you and your amazing recycling on my blog. Please do email me at soniasv@rediffmail.com so that we can work around the schedule and content for the Guest Feature Post
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

May 12, 2012 at 11:11 am

and Sonia,I will be contacting soon..

95. Candice

June 8, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Your project’s been Candoodled! I love it so I’ve shared it:

96. Tomingo

June 8, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Freakin’ Clever thanks for sharing

97. Yolanda

June 8, 2012 at 3:51 pm

You are really a very creative artist, and you use everything! Love your blog. best wishes for you!

June 9, 2012 at 8:50 am

Thanks all & Candice: you can always share my crafts with a linkback..

99. Rachel Ward

June 19, 2012 at 2:40 am

This is fabulous! I would love to feature this on Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle. Feel free to stop by and grab a featured button. Thanks!

100. DollySelvam

July 15, 2012 at 11:38 am

hi…!!! what a spectacular work… i wish to try it out…i have saved last 2years my kids milk,cerlac tins spoons… but no idea …what to do with them… well its quiet a fascinating one…

101. Doreatha Solar

December 1, 2012 at 9:42 pm

This site has some really useful information on it! Cheers for sharing it with me!

102. Pingback: How To Make Sunburst Wall Art for Fall Home Decoration