DIY

Design a Comb

Simple is boring sometimes..Agree? well a few simple things are usually boring near me,(while crafting specially) this wooden comb is also among one of those things.. when I saw this plain wooden hair comb I thought I should be designing this somehow.. well here is the designed comb below..have a look & let me know how is it looking now.. or the before version was better..?

Design a Comb

design drawing comb

Design a Comb

For making these doodles you will need to have these things, Foam Brush, ModPodge sealer, Black Pen, Hair Comb

DIY hair comb designing

Design a Comb

Start making drawing on the surface of comb. I( notice the color was not so dark, so I overlap the design again until the color get black totally.

design a hair comb

Design a Comb

Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge. and sand it with zero size sand paper..

designed wooden comb

Design a Comb

There we go.. Its Done..let it dry & see if another glossy coat is needed, you can apply one more.

well what do you think.. is there any other easy peasy idea for designing any hair comb..let me know plz..may be I can improve next time..

Here you can see my other Mod Podge DIYs

p.s For my Pakistani readers,Mod Podge is not yet available here. I got from Amy of ModPodgeRocks blog.

1. Mesh

August 20, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Te quedo muy lindo,muy buena idea,yo hace poco decore un peine con cascaras de huevo es otra opción :)
    Un abrazo
    Mesh

2. Michelle L

August 20, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Oooooh, that is cool! I love the henna style design on the wood – what a great little gift that would make.

3. Fatimah Hayat

August 20, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Well done khadija… it looks so beautiful. but if you add some colors to the design it looks more beautiful.
    keep up your good work…

4. Danice

August 21, 2013 at 11:43 am

Very creative project :)

5. andrea cammarata

August 21, 2013 at 11:44 am

This is simply FABULOUS!!!! LOVE IT : ) hugs…

6. Jill

August 21, 2013 at 5:38 pm

This looks super fun and could make a cute personalized gift too!

7. monsterscircus

August 21, 2013 at 7:57 pm

AMAZINGLY Khadija. it’s really a beautiful design and what a great idea. It reminds me of your henna painted hands (that on is still on my mind, so beautiful). Have a lovely day dearest

8. Khadija's Creative Mind

August 22, 2013 at 10:22 am

Thank you so much everyone! I enjoy this quick & fun making :)

9. Angela @ CreativeBlossoming.com

August 24, 2013 at 3:10 am

I love this idea! It’s great to give the little things makeovers too. Sometimes those little touches make a big difference

10. Allison @ Dream a Little Bigger

August 25, 2013 at 7:43 pm

I also love the look of henna design on the comb. I never would have thought to update a comb like this but I love it. And it would make a fantastic gift! And thanks for linking up :)

11. Louise @ Elsie May and Bertha

August 26, 2013 at 11:25 am

I love the way you’ve decorated this come. I’ve never seen wooden combs like this before (unless they’ve been dug up at an archaeological dig), which is a shame as they’d make lovely presents when they’re decorated.
    Have a fabulous week.

12. Rosey

August 26, 2013 at 1:16 pm

What a great idea, and one I’m certain my teen daughter would LOVE!

13. Edie Marie

August 27, 2013 at 1:10 pm

Love this idea! I’ll definitely be making this for my granddaughters. They will love them!!

Hugs, Edie Marie

14. sadee

August 28, 2013 at 3:47 pm

woww elegant style. after a long time i finally find ur blog new layout is amazing <3

15. Meegan

August 28, 2013 at 4:15 pm

You are amazingly creative. I love this comb! Thanks for linking up at Tickled Pink Times Two.
    Make it a great day xoxo

16. Skinnybuni

August 29, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I love, love, love, this!! It would make a great gift in my childrens’ necessary bags I make for them at Christmas. Now just to find some wooden combs.

Ooh wouldn’t it be great to use hand carved combs especially done by a family member for Mother’s day. My mind is swimming with ideas lol.

I have seen recipes for diy mod podge on the internet using white glue and water I think just not sure of the amounts but it sounds worth looking at.

Thanks again for the wonderful idea! Have a Great day!!!

17. Karla

August 30, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I love this!! It looks so pretty. I would LOVE for you to share this at “That’s My Style” Link Party TODAY! I hope to see you there. :)

18. BeColorful

September 3, 2013 at 2:00 am

Now if I can just learn to draw like you do. :D Thanks for sharing on BeColorful.
    p

19. Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory)

September 19, 2013 at 11:36 am

Another amazing creation, your drawings are really great!

20. Khadija's Creative Mind

September 19, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Thanks A lot everyone!

21. Pingback: Time for Junkin Joe's Linky Party! Everyone's Welcome! Great upcycled creations...vintage finds and more! - The Cottage Market