Mirror Decoration with Shells, pearls & Stones

shells decorated mirror

DIY

Mirror Decoration with Shells, pearls & Stones

Shell crafts are always beautiful & unique. Once in my childhood I saw some home decore items made with shells & I wonder from where I can get these raw/natural shells, as I am living far away from any beach area, my location is near hills & beach is on the other side of our country where I am from. Well see what I have got..I receive some beautiful fresh water shells from the beach of Cadiz, Spain from my blogger friend Maria, she lives in a beach area. I were excited to try something fun with these pretty shells. So Here today I have done something !!

Mirror Decoration with Shells, pearls & Stones

Mirror Decorated with Shells & pearls

Mirror Decorated with Shells & pearls

I design a Mirror border with some stones, shells & pearl beads.. a Vintage style mirror..

shells decorated mirror

shells decorated mirror DIY

For the making of this mirror, you will need to have..

Transparent Frame Base, Mirror, Stones, Shells, Pearl beads, Hot glue, Transparent glue( mod podge/ movileth german glue)
Mirror Decorated with Shells & pearls

Mirror Decorated with Shells & pearls

First of all I paste the mirror with the transparent base, at first I was trying to fix it straight but it was looking well this way!

Then I paste a thick layer of transparent glue at the sides of mirror. Then fix little stones over it. and fill the other space totally!

shells & pearls

shells & pearls

When the glue will get dry, then you will need to fix shells over the mirror sides, fixing shells there  is not an easy thing, because of their shape, as they were empty from the back side so I use hot glue for pasting these well. So be patient & careful while doing this.

Mirror Decorated with Shells & pearls

Mirror Decorated with Shells & pearls

Then I fix some pearl beads of off white color with every shell, You can remove the hot glue spots from the mirror easily with the help of any knife/paper cutter tip..

vintage Mirror DIY

Vintage mirror DIY

And its Done..I am happy with the end result, as everyone at home was admiring my effort a lot.. So I can say I made something really good..haha,, there is always a quick feedback system by my family! how fun!

well I haven’t yet decided where to hang it or place it now! my room is already having a big mirror, and there are many wall arts already, so a new wall art will be looking messy here! As it is having some heavy weight so I think it would be better as a shelf piece..but not bad as a wall hanging. let’s see..

I hope you liked my today’s creativity & tutorial, I bet if you will be trying this, you will like it. So if you are going to try any of my crafts, don’t forget showing your effort to me.. I would love to see as well as featuring your inspiration at my website. so let me know..

have a wonderful day!..Happy crafting..

1. kitty

April 30, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Hermoso trabajo . Luce muy bonito. Felicitaciones por tu creatividad amiga.
    Best regards.

2. torviewtoronto

April 30, 2014 at 4:00 pm

beautifully done I recently did one with tiles

3. sadee

April 30, 2014 at 4:30 pm

you are amazing in everything :)

4. ileana-carmen

April 30, 2014 at 6:26 pm

Beautiful. I like the vintage mirror. Thank you for sharing us.

5. Michelle L

April 30, 2014 at 7:39 pm

I really love this! The angled mirror set inside the stone is such a cool effect. One of my favorites, Khadija!!!

6. Khadija's Creative Mind

May 1, 2014 at 8:49 am

Kitty; Gracias :)

Torviewtoronto; Seems fun, I want to see that !!!

Sadee; Thank you sadee, so nice of you!

Ileana; Thank you dear

Michelle; yeah it was fun making this wall art..

7. Shang J.

May 8, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Wow this is indeed gorgeous! x

8. pop champagne

May 8, 2014 at 6:05 pm

the mirror decoration looks great. it’s such a rip off when you have to pay so much for those type of frames at souvenir stores!

9. Khadija's Creative Mind

May 9, 2014 at 10:03 am

Shang J;
    Thanks :)

Pop Champagne;
    indeed.. thank you dear!

10. Tera

May 12, 2014 at 9:43 pm

That looks SO nice!! We just got back from a trip to Myrtle Beach, so now I’ve got something to do with all the seashells my kids collected! :)

11. Khadija's Creative Mind

May 27, 2014 at 9:22 am

Thanks Tera, You should try some fun with shells & don’t forget to show me!

12. Nancy @ A Joyful Cottage

June 1, 2014 at 2:51 am

Hello Khadija! Your seashell framed mirror is enchanting. I’m so glad you shared it at Every Room In The House. I’ll be featuring it tomorrow. I hope you’ll come back to A Joyful Cottage again and again! Blessings ~ Nancy

13. shaheen riaz

February 3, 2015 at 8:59 am

AOA.
    i saw ur work ma sha Allah so much creative.
    i need ur help regarding my son school event ‘mummy and me’ i need to made some thing different, creative, with art and craft.
    hope u will help me . i need new idea which u were not sharing before my replay. thanks and jazakillah

• Khadija's Creative Mind

February 3, 2015 at 9:31 am

Wa alaikum assalam Shaheen,
      Thank you for appreciating my work and creativity! You can try any wallart with a picture of you and your son, may be a glass paint? I have shared so many kids crafts & ideas through which you can learn easily! You can also drop me an e-mail if there is something difficult. You can contact me at kkcreativemind @ hotmail . com
      JazakAllah sis.