Glitter Phone Cover DIY

By on May 20th, 2014

Its always fun to reuse the older stuff just to make it beautiful again, I enjoy doing Refashion & Restyle things just to make them pretty & different, even when I look into my crafty stash & there are things which are not too much in use, I started doing experiments with them! my today’s post is also among one of those experiments which I did recently!

I paint this leather pouch with glitter acrylic paints, before I stitch this cover but it was plain, so I put some foamic sticker on this black leather cover. but with time, the stickers were going to fall off.. So one day I peel off all the stickers.. and try this glitter experiment with it..

diy leather pouch with glitter

diy leather pouch with glitter

Here it is.. super easy & simple how-to. All you need to do is just apply the glitter & wait until it gets dry.. thats it..

diy leather pouch with glitter

diy leather pouch with glitter

I use Plaid Extreme Glitter, Red & Gold. I receive some plaid goodies as gift once, so trying these on & off in my crafts.

Apply it with foamic brush applicator. The little heart shapes you are looking at the cover is the stamp impressions which I use first but they were not going good/neat. so I skip that & fill the surface with glitter glue paint..

diy leather pouch with glitter

diy leather pouch with glitter

The first coat was golden, and it was not totally dry when I apply the red glitter & merge a little.. If you feel its going sticky, use zero sand paper & apply & if you want some more glitter, apply another coat of the glitter glue..

diy leather pouch with glitter

diy leather pouch with glitter

Here it is the Before image! simple..! so I make it more colorful & fine!

And this is what I have done in past, I make it a pencil pouch before but later I use this pouch as my phone cover pouch! it is the perfect fit for my phone that’s why I thought to redesign & make it for my phone..

I am using this cover with my phone from a few weeks but the glitter is not felling off, everything is well, glitter is perfect at leather! So you can try it..!

Keep experimenting & enjoy doing easy/quick ideas.

Thank you!

10 comments

#1ireminiscesMay 20, 2014, 7:23 pm

thx any thoughts on
Tabdhir – The prohibition of spending wastefully

#2pitavolaMay 20, 2014, 9:03 pm

Te ha quedado preciosa y muy elegante
Bsos

#3Khadija’s Creative MindMay 21, 2014, 10:56 am

Thank You!

#4onelMay 21, 2014, 9:41 pm

Good to hear that the glitter isn’t falling off! I’m trying this! Thanks for sharing this :)

#5Khadija’s Creative MindMay 22, 2014, 9:38 am

Onel;
Yes, its glitter glue, that’s why its going well with cover. you can also seal it with mod podge :)

#6LisaMay 22, 2014, 11:37 am

Great idea! I love repurposing things :)

#7NeeluMay 23, 2014, 1:31 pm

That looks much better now!

#8Khadija’s Creative MindMay 27, 2014, 9:21 am

Thanks Lisa & Nelu :)

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY

Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY(23)

My love for vintage stuff is never ending, I collect antiques whenever I get a chance, like international coins & currency, mail stamps and some other random things like this. I design my business planner/dairy cover while keeping the vintage theme in my mind. So here today I am going to share a planner cover

Eid Day Mehndi Designs

Eid Day Mehndi Designs(37)

Girls are always enjoying Henna/Mehndi designs at Eid day, I also like it even its not the Eid day around. But seriously I am not a good henna designer, specially as compared to my dear sister-in-law designs, she is too good in applying mehndi, While checking the phone gallery yesterday, I notice there were some

Decorate Headband with Collage Clay & Beads

Decorate Headband with Collage Clay & Beads(25)

Recently I had a wonderful experience of Crafting with Kids, It was so fun! I enjoyed a lot & feel pleasure while crafting, My Niece is about 7 years old & she have some creative cells inside, so whenever she is visiting us (she lives far away from our city) She is always interested in

Pillows with Fabric Paints and Quilting

Pillows with Fabric Paints and Quilting(18)

During my Textile design studies, I specially enjoyed working with fabric paints & designing,  it’s a really interesting medium for decorating plain fabric with some colors & patterns etc, during that semester when I were studying paints, I work with screen printing, Block printing, silk painting, fabric painting, emboss paints, glitter paints, led work &

Truck Art Inspired Drawings

Truck Art Inspired Drawings(21)

I love working on my freehand Drawings, Paintings, Sketching ..Its fun to make drawings & doodling with color markers, playing with vibrant & bright colors on a sketchbook sheet is simply nice! I enjoy making truck art inspired drawings also, In past years I were making loads of paintings, working with brushes & water based

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks