Glitter Phone Cover DIY

By on May 20th, 2014

Its always fun to reuse the older stuff just to make it beautiful again, I enjoy doing Refashion & Restyle things just to make them pretty & different, even when I look into my crafty stash & there are things which are not too much in use, I started doing experiments with them! my today’s post is also among one of those experiments which I did recently!

I paint this leather pouch with glitter acrylic paints, before I stitch this cover but it was plain, so I put some foamic sticker on this black leather cover. but with time, the stickers were going to fall off.. So one day I peel off all the stickers.. and try this glitter experiment with it..

diy leather pouch with glitter

diy leather pouch with glitter

Here it is.. super easy & simple how-to. All you need to do is just apply the glitter & wait until it gets dry.. thats it..

diy leather pouch with glitter

diy leather pouch with glitter

I use Plaid Extreme Glitter, Red & Gold. I receive some plaid goodies as gift once, so trying these on & off in my crafts.

Apply it with foamic brush applicator. The little heart shapes you are looking at the cover is the stamp impressions which I use first but they were not going good/neat. so I skip that & fill the surface with glitter glue paint..

diy leather pouch with glitter

diy leather pouch with glitter

The first coat was golden, and it was not totally dry when I apply the red glitter & merge a little.. If you feel its going sticky, use zero sand paper & apply & if you want some more glitter, apply another coat of the glitter glue..

diy leather pouch with glitter

diy leather pouch with glitter

Here it is the Before image! simple..! so I make it more colorful & fine!

And this is what I have done in past, I make it a pencil pouch before but later I use this pouch as my phone cover pouch! it is the perfect fit for my phone that’s why I thought to redesign & make it for my phone..

I am using this cover with my phone from a few weeks but the glitter is not felling off, everything is well, glitter is perfect at leather! So you can try it..!

Keep experimenting & enjoy doing easy/quick ideas.

Thank you!

10 comments

#1ireminiscesMay 20, 2014, 7:23 pm

thx any thoughts on
Tabdhir – The prohibition of spending wastefully

#2pitavolaMay 20, 2014, 9:03 pm

Te ha quedado preciosa y muy elegante
Bsos

#3Khadija’s Creative MindMay 21, 2014, 10:56 am

Thank You!

#4onelMay 21, 2014, 9:41 pm

Good to hear that the glitter isn’t falling off! I’m trying this! Thanks for sharing this :)

#5Khadija’s Creative MindMay 22, 2014, 9:38 am

Onel;
Yes, its glitter glue, that’s why its going well with cover. you can also seal it with mod podge :)

#6LisaMay 22, 2014, 11:37 am

Great idea! I love repurposing things :)

#7NeeluMay 23, 2014, 1:31 pm

That looks much better now!

#8Khadija’s Creative MindMay 27, 2014, 9:21 am

Thanks Lisa & Nelu :)

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Gift Packing Idea with Washi Tape

Gift Packing Idea with Washi Tape(4)

Holy month of Ramadan is passing quickly.. Its hard to believe that its ending in a few days now! Very quick..Well my Ramadan days were going great & I had great time Alhamdulillah. Now Eid is around the corner.. Yeah..the Eid festival is like a gift to us after fasting for the whole month. Now

Gift Box Design with Stenciling Technique

Gift Box Design with Stenciling Technique(12)

As the Eid festival is coming near, now its time to give and get some gifts from family & friends..Yayy.. My family & friends are always expecting something arty/crafty from me & this is kind of a hard Task always! Well I handle anyway..haha. Gift Packing and gift box designing is a really important thing

Recent Craft Fail

Recent Craft Fail(14)

A crafty life is filled with some loads of FUN & excitements about making stuff.. We crafters are meeting many arty experiments everyday & we enjoy facing these! isn’t it fun to be a crafter, I enjoy while making, creating, sharing and doing experiments with so many arty things, sometimes the experiment is a hit

GlassPaint Jar Vase/Organizer Tutorial

GlassPaint Jar Vase/Organizer Tutorial(11)

I enjoy recycling & reusing stuff more than creating something with any new material, Reusing & restyling oldie things are just fun! And the interesting thing about it, you don’t need to worry if the result is not so perfect.. as its recycling! So I always recommend to reuse, recycle & restyle small old thingies,

Monogram Wall Art Tutorial

Monogram Wall Art Tutorial(20)

Today I will be sharing the making of my name KK monogram wall art, You may have guess who is KK..? Yep its the same girl who is typing this blog post super quickly right now.. haha.. I am REALLY late in posting this art as I have made it couple months back. Well today

Sponsors & Affiliates

Sponsors

SwitchAds

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks