DIY, Embroidery, Flowers, Tutorial

Ribbon Work Designed Floral Shirt Making

Hello All,,
My Today’s post is Interesting for those who like doing experiments with color combinations :) I have done this color experiment a few weeks back! but the turn out was Nice..I have shared my black & white color obsession with you in my previous post! well I collect material one day but during those days house white wash started & I was too busy in other duties! After getting free from other stuff I start Making this Shirt Embellishment with ribbons & Ribbon flowers..First I thought to do Ribbon Embroidery but the fabric was not good one according to thick ribbon embroidery,Actually I have bought broad ribbons which may disturb the fabric weave if I try some Embroidery !
I am Extraordinary in LOVE with Pearls & crystals..so I also use Pearls here..

Ribbon Work

Ribbon Work

First Look !!
& Now the whole Project..I complete this whole shirt within 4 days! ( I am really an Active girl..wohoo..but sometimes only,,haha)

Ribbon Work

Ribbon Work

I select Red, Green & Yellow Ribbons with a broad Pink Ribbon! I also try some paper work with markers! sorry i have missed the pic of paper work somewhere in my folders..oops!

Ribbon Work

Ribbon Work

First You will need to make some Ribbon Flowers for embellishing your shirt..the simplest how-to is above..
1- make running stitch at one border side of your ribbon
2- when you will pull the thread it will be like a ruffly round piece!
3- then you will have to make stitches & a proper knot of thread at both sides of ribbon ,so the flower will be ready!
4- cut extra thread & ribbon in vertical line, so the flower will not be disturbed! You can also check my another tutorial of these Flower Making
So you will repeat the process of  Flower making several times..I make so many! at start it will take some time but after making 10 flowers, your hand will work very well :) in flow :)

Ribbon Work

Ribbon Work

The First sneak peak at my shirt’s neckline..hmm..
First stitch the Pink ribbon, Then green,yellow & red!
After sewing, take needle & thread & start embellishing your shirt with little flowers :)

Ribbon Work

Ribbon Work

Its the Shirt’s border..again Pink, green, Yellow & red too.
After sewing embellish flowers with needle n thread!
In first row I use one yellow-One green.then the second row was one red between every green n yellow..so its the color combination :) with black & white!

Its not completed in above pic! even without ironing, I was not in a mood of sharing this pic but its a before image :) actually it was late night & i was at my bed :)

Wohoo..Its completed Now!! You can also see my scarf (folded)in the picture below!

Its the Arm design..

Here is a FACT, I am not a friend of sewing machine!! I touch the sewing machine once in 6 months..Believe Me..let me think when i touch the sewing machine last time..but the thing which really Amaze me that I stitch Ribbons not so bad,, my mother doubt that I will not be able to stitch these slim ribbons strait & without any mess..but I have done it smartly..hmm
well there is a tip which my friend told me once that during ribbon sewing, always place a thick brown paper under your fabric piece, so it will not disturb the ribbons! Well I follow this tip & its working!
 I will enjoy wearing this Hand bag with this dress..What do you think?have you checked my previous post about this bag?

Ribbons handwoven handbag DIY
Weaving Handbag Tutorial

Weaving Handbag Tutorial

I hope this will be an easy & interesting post for you! So if you liked it, or any suggestion about it, feel free to write me..
Have a colorful day!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

• Reply Michele Pacey November 10, 2011 at 4:28 am

I like your colour experiment and congratulations on sewing it by hand! I’m a fan of anything hand-sewn. Machines are overrated in my opinion, ha ha!

• Reply Merlyn November 10, 2011 at 4:30 am

Hi.. Awesome tutorial..Looks pretty with different bright colours :)

• Reply sahar awan November 10, 2011 at 4:37 am

it is great red is going really well with black n white

• Reply Dr Sonia S V November 10, 2011 at 4:57 am

So beautiful and lovely and you make it sound easy too. Never tried it — shall give it a shot soon. Thank You for sharing such sweet and lovely projects

• Reply Vicki November 10, 2011 at 5:19 am

Very pretty! You did a nice job! ^^ & you know…the sewing machine is not my friend, either — I do most of my sewing by hand.(;

• Reply CREATIVE MIND November 10, 2011 at 5:48 am

The strips are by machine but the flowers are totally hand stitched :) sewing machine is not a friend of mine at all :) hihi

Thanks dear! I enjoy BRIGHT colors a lot!

Now you have to try it any day :) you will really Enjoy!

Thanks Vicki :)Those people always amaze me who are having great blogs of sewing work! i think its hectic to work on machine for hours..hand work is relaxed in my opinion :)

• Reply Sara.H November 10, 2011 at 6:43 am

You never cease to amaze me. This is fantastic! Love the colors and everything. <3

• Reply Яmaha November 10, 2011 at 7:56 am

Beautiful dress and amazing bag :) I like them both =)

• Reply Michelle L. November 10, 2011 at 7:56 am

So much work, wow, I’m really impressed, K! It looks exciting, vibrant and so original – I bet you look quite cute in this! Those brights against the black and white are really cool. I think I missed the handbag when first posted – it’s so pretty.

• Reply CREATIVE MIND November 10, 2011 at 8:17 am

Thanks a bunch sweety! Always welcome :)

so nice of you girl :) thanks for enjoying my post..

Thanks for admiring my efforts but i didnt wear this till now. I will wear this monday when i will start university after Eid holidays! My friends will definitely going to jealous :)

• Reply kitty November 10, 2011 at 8:57 am

Que aporte mas interesante!! me ha encantado verlo ..eres una gran artista amiga..
    Felicitaciones y saludos desde España-

• Reply Noblesse November 10, 2011 at 9:34 am

It’s very nice, gorgeous!

• Reply Ambreen November 10, 2011 at 10:52 am

That looks so good & so colorful! Great work, Khadija! I’m bookmarking this to try out some day :)

• Reply meijo's JOY November 10, 2011 at 2:40 pm

Wow! You colorful post splashed some color over my heart too!

• Reply CREATIVE MIND November 10, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Thanks a lot dear friend! yes i think I AM an artist :) :) hehe

Thanks you dear :)

I like color experiments :) Sure you can bookmark not just my post the whole blog happily :)
    Whenever you will try be sure to send me any pic of your effort!

That’s great! Enjoy colors of LIFE :) thanks for admiring this!

• Reply LV November 10, 2011 at 3:26 pm

What a talented, creative person you are. Great job. I will leave the making of these goodie to you tho.

• Reply ✪♜I.B.G.♜✪ November 10, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Hi! I am Isa “Wan of cooking varieties guest” from Turkey. I like your blog and following your blog. Please visit my blog and follow back. It makes me very happy. Thanks..

• Reply pitavola November 10, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Que preciosos bordados! me gustan todos pero el de las flores es igual más vistoso

• Reply CREATIVE MIND November 10, 2011 at 6:21 pm

Its so sweet of you Dear madam :) thanks

Thanks! welcome to my blog, i will visit you soon!

Thanks for the nice words! so sweet as usual :)

• Reply divya November 10, 2011 at 9:17 pm

wow…very creative n great job dear..

• Reply Maria's Craft November 10, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [11 Nov 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

• Reply Anabella November 11, 2011 at 11:04 am

I featured this tutorial in my “Top Ten CRAFTS I loved this week #3″.
    It’s an awesome tutorial!!!

PS:It is also a linking party, so you can link up another craft!!

• Reply CREATIVE MIND November 11, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Thanks, I like to use my creativity in outfits too :)

so sweet of you!@ keep sharing with all :)thanks

Thanks for the feature! so nice of you! I will visit again definitely :)

• Reply cookingvarieties November 11, 2011 at 2:24 pm

hi creative mind..
    wow! you did it again.. another set of crafty work, which i marvel at your patience to complete that one dress.

Just to let you know that I am featured (guest) blogger at Jasna’s real authentic foodie blog. Thanks, do visit this at

• Reply Melanie @ bear rabbit bear November 11, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Thanks for linking to Things I’ve Done Thursday!

Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear

• Reply CREATIVE MIND November 11, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Hi dear, Thanks for the sweet words & for telling me about this post, I will definitely visit & will say Hi to her :) congrats on featuring there!wish you more success!

Thanks, I like sharing all around :)

• Reply hellopalz November 11, 2011 at 6:49 pm

The bag is really nice! i like your creative work in here! Keep it up :-)

• Reply Sam November 12, 2011 at 10:05 am

Hi sweety, your blog is lovely. You are truly a creative talent…I wish I could make some of these things, but I’m terrible at crafts

• Reply Maggie November 12, 2011 at 2:57 pm

awww so cute, Would luv for my readers to see this awesome idea, will you please join our weekly party at
    have a great crafting weekend!

• Reply Maggie November 12, 2011 at 2:57 pm

have a great crafting weekend!

• Reply CREATIVE MIND November 12, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Thanks for the sweet words! my goodness!

Thank Lovely! so nice of you :) I always Love this word “CREATIVE”
    you can do it, give some try plz )

Thanks for inviting me in your linky :) i always Love to share my work in linkys :)
    Definitely share with your readers too..

• Reply Sassy Sites! November 14, 2011 at 12:08 am

Thanks for linking up to Sassy Sites FFA party on Friday!! I LOVE to see all of the great ideas! All week this week, we will be doing Thanksgiving themed link ups. Monday is all about Turkeys, so if you have something you’ve created that is turkey-ish :)… come by tomorrow and link it up!!

marni @ Sassy Sites!

• Reply Chel Hery November 14, 2011 at 9:13 am

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Patricia Torres November 14, 2011 at 11:57 am

You are super creative…

• Reply CREATIVE MIND November 14, 2011 at 12:06 pm

thanks for the sweet words! i will try sharing something more :)

Chel Hery;
    Thanks you for admiring!

Awww..I love reading this word “Creative” *(*

• Reply Helena, Sweden November 15, 2011 at 8:36 am

This is really lovely, you are very creative. :)

• Reply Jill November 15, 2011 at 10:43 am

Oh my goodness Khadija – that is just beautiful! I’m loving those flowers – such amazing details and such a lot of work! now I have to go and check out your handbag!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

• Reply notyet100 November 15, 2011 at 11:07 am

Super cool,..:)

• Reply CREATIVE MIND November 15, 2011 at 11:42 am

so nice of you, thanks for enjoying the post

thanks a bunch :)

• Reply Cook Clean Craft November 16, 2011 at 6:45 am

So pretty and colourful, and so much detail. It looks like a lot of work paid off in a nice, happy shirt.

• Reply Jamie November 16, 2011 at 11:42 pm

It is beautiful. It will look amazing with that bag which I am in LOVE with.

• Reply CREATIVE MIND November 17, 2011 at 10:22 am

yes it was lengthy but the turn out was relaxing :)
    thanks for admiring my work!

Thank you so much for writing such lovely words, so sweet of you!

• Reply AmieAnn November 20, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Beautiful! I especially love the matching bag.. what a wonderful way to play with color and embroidery! Thanks so much for sharing with the pink Hippo party.. can’t wait to see what you share next!

• Reply Becolorful November 20, 2011 at 5:21 pm

The shirt is just so fun to look at. I am a huge fan of black and white and the other colors you chose are so happy and bright. The perfect color palate. I am IN LOVE with that handbag though. Maybe you could link THAT up next time. Totally cool too.
    Have a great week and thanks for linking up to Motivated Monday at BEColorful.

• Reply CREATIVE MIND November 20, 2011 at 5:36 pm

Thanks for admiring my shirt & handbag,,i am really a big fan of handbags..so i make handbags too :)

so sweet of you friend, i am in love with black & white color these days! usually i am not but just now!I will love to share with your party dear :) i like spreading colors all around *(*
    Lots of Love & thank you all friends for admiring my effort! shooow shweeet :)

• Reply Jenn "Rook No. 17" November 21, 2011 at 9:38 pm

In this week of Thanksgiving I especially want you to know how grateful I am to have you be a part of the creative spirit and camaraderie at Rook No. 17. Thank you for linking up to “A Little Birdie Told Me…”!

• Reply Jennifer November 22, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Great color combo!
    Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

• Reply CREATIVE MIND November 23, 2011 at 9:44 am

Thanks a bunch dear Jenn! all the best :)

Thanks for admiring my work :)

• Reply Anonymous August 23, 2012 at 4:33 pm

AOA…KHADIJA great work u have done…actually i have done a lot of cources but don’t have much time to utilize the skills because i am doing mphil in biological sciences…i like ur work very much

• Reply CREATIVE MIND August 25, 2012 at 9:21 am

Walaikum assalam,
    Thanks for the sweet comment, I am also a university student & great to know that a student is enjoying my work..
    Keep visiting & let me know your name next time..you can share your work with me via e-mail
    all the best for your M.phil.
    Allah hafiiz

• Reply Lisa September 25, 2012 at 8:33 pm

I love the ribbon work, very beautiful.

• Reply mrs khan November 19, 2012 at 5:06 am

i love it it so beautyful

• Reply Hafsa December 31, 2012 at 1:00 pm

it’s really nice and seems easy I’ll try it and i hope you’ll share more works:)

• Reply maite January 18, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Me encanta.

• Reply mrs basit April 9, 2013 at 6:51 am

thanks u send me new creation i enjoy it

• Reply sadi November 17, 2013 at 8:56 am

• Reply Ribbon Flower Headbands #ForSale - Creative Mind Khadija July 31, 2014 at 12:17 pm

[…] look so delicate, Once I design my black & white printed shirt with loads of different colors mini ribbon flowers & that was appreciated by my readers a lot. I love fabric flower making as well, the technique […]