Ribbon Work Designed Floral Shirt Making

By on November 10th, 2011

Hello All,,
My Today’s post is Interesting for those who like doing experiments with color combinations

I have done this color experiment a few weeks back! but the turn out was Nice..I have shared my black & white color obsession with you in my previous post! well I collect material one day but during those days house white wash started & I was too busy in other duties! After getting free from other stuff I start Making this Shirt Embellishment with ribbons & Ribbon flowers..First I thought to do Ribbon Embroidery but the fabric was not good one according to thick ribbon embroidery,Actually I have bought broad ribbons which may disturb the fabric weave if I try some Embroidery !
I am Extraordinary in LOVE with Pearls & crystals..so I also use Pearls here..

First Look !!
& Now the whole Project..I complete this whole shirt within 4 days! ( I am really an Active girl..wohoo..but sometimes only,,haha)

I select Red, Green & Yellow Ribbons with a broad Pink Ribbon! I also try some paper work with markers! sorry i have missed the pic of paper work somewhere in my folders..oops!

First You will need to make some Ribbon Flowers for embellishing your shirt..the simplest how-to is above..
1- make running stitch at one border side of your ribbon
2- when you will pull the thread it will be like a ruffly round piece!
3- then you will have to make stitches & a proper knot of thread at both sides of ribbon ,so the flower will be ready!
4- cut extra thread & ribbon in vertical line, so the flower will not be disturbed! You can also check my another tutorial of these Flower Making
So you will repeat the process of  Flower making several times..I make so many! at start it will take some time but after making 10 flowers, your hand will work very well

in flow

The First sneak peak at my shirt’s neckline..hmm..
First stitch the Pink ribbon, Then green,yellow & red!
After sewing, take needle & thread & start embellishing your shirt with little flowers

Its the Shirt’s border..again Pink, green, Yellow & red too.
After sewing embellish flowers with needle n thread!
In first row I use one yellow-One green.then the second row was one red between every green n yellow..so its the color combination

with black & white!

Its not completed in above pic! even without ironing, I was not in a mood of sharing this pic but its a before image

actually it was late night & i was at my bed

Wohoo..Its completed Now!! You can also see my scarf (folded)in the picture below!

Its the Arm design..

Here is a FACT, I am not a friend of sewing machine!! I touch the sewing machine once in 6 months..Believe Me..let me think when i touch the sewing machine last time..but the thing which really Amaze me that I stitch Ribbons not so bad,, my mother doubt that I will not be able to stitch these slim ribbons strait & without any mess..but I have done it smartly..hmm
well there is a tip which my friend told me once that during ribbon sewing, always place a thick brown paper under your fabric piece, so it will not disturb the ribbons! Well I follow this tip & its working!
 I will enjoy wearing this Hand bag with this dress..What do you think?have you checked my previous post about this bag?

I hope this will be an easy & interesting post for you! So if you liked it, or any suggestion about it, feel free to write me..
Have a colorful day!
(p.s I know how to add colors in any black & white life

56 comments

#1Michele PaceyNovember 10, 2011, 4:28 am

I like your colour experiment and congratulations on sewing it by hand! I’m a fan of anything hand-sewn. Machines are overrated in my opinion, ha ha!

#2MerlynNovember 10, 2011, 4:30 am

Hi.. Awesome tutorial..Looks pretty with different bright colours :)

#3sahar awanNovember 10, 2011, 4:37 am

it is great red is going really well with black n white

#4Dr Sonia S VNovember 10, 2011, 4:57 am

So beautiful and lovely and you make it sound easy too. Never tried it — shall give it a shot soon. Thank You for sharing such sweet and lovely projects
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

#5VickiNovember 10, 2011, 5:19 am

Very pretty! You did a nice job! ^^ & you know…the sewing machine is not my friend, either — I do most of my sewing by hand.(;

~Vicki

#6CREATIVE MINDNovember 10, 2011, 5:48 am

Michele;
The strips are by machine but the flowers are totally hand stitched :) sewing machine is not a friend of mine at all :) hihi

Merlyn;
Thanks dear! I enjoy BRIGHT colors a lot!

Sahar;

Sonia;
Now you have to try it any day :) you will really Enjoy!

Vicki;
Thanks Vicki :)Those people always amaze me who are having great blogs of sewing work! i think its hectic to work on machine for hours..hand work is relaxed in my opinion :)

#7Sara.HNovember 10, 2011, 6:43 am

You never cease to amaze me. This is fantastic! Love the colors and everything. <3

#8ЯmahaNovember 10, 2011, 7:56 am

Beautiful dress and amazing bag :) I like them both =)

#9Michelle L.November 10, 2011, 7:56 am

So much work, wow, I’m really impressed, K! It looks exciting, vibrant and so original – I bet you look quite cute in this! Those brights against the black and white are really cool. I think I missed the handbag when first posted – it’s so pretty.

#10CREATIVE MINDNovember 10, 2011, 8:17 am

Sara:
Thanks a bunch sweety! Always welcome :)

Maha;
so nice of you girl :) thanks for enjoying my post..

Mich:
Thanks for admiring my efforts but i didnt wear this till now. I will wear this monday when i will start university after Eid holidays! My friends will definitely going to jealous :)

#11kittyNovember 10, 2011, 8:57 am

Que aporte mas interesante!! me ha encantado verlo ..eres una gran artista amiga..
Felicitaciones y saludos desde España-

#12NoblesseNovember 10, 2011, 9:34 am

It’s very nice, gorgeous!

#13AmbreenNovember 10, 2011, 10:52 am

That looks so good & so colorful! Great work, Khadija! I’m bookmarking this to try out some day :)

#14meijo’s JOYNovember 10, 2011, 2:40 pm

Wow! You colorful post splashed some color over my heart too!

#15CREATIVE MINDNovember 10, 2011, 3:16 pm

Kitty;
Thanks a lot dear friend! yes i think I AM an artist :) :) hehe

Noblesse;
Thanks you dear :)

Ambreen;
I like color experiments :) Sure you can bookmark not just my post the whole blog happily :)
Whenever you will try be sure to send me any pic of your effort!

PC;
That’s great! Enjoy colors of LIFE :) thanks for admiring this!

#16LVNovember 10, 2011, 3:26 pm

What a talented, creative person you are. Great job. I will leave the making of these goodie to you tho.

#17✪♜I.B.G.♜✪November 10, 2011, 4:04 pm

Hi! I am Isa “Wan of cooking varieties guest” from Turkey. I like your blog and following your blog. Please visit my blog and follow back. It makes me very happy. Thanks..

#18pitavolaNovember 10, 2011, 6:05 pm

Que preciosos bordados! me gustan todos pero el de las flores es igual más vistoso

#19CREATIVE MINDNovember 10, 2011, 6:21 pm

LV;
Its so sweet of you Dear madam :) thanks

IBG;
Thanks! welcome to my blog, i will visit you soon!

Pitavola;
Thanks for the nice words! so sweet as usual :)

#20divyaNovember 10, 2011, 9:17 pm

wow…very creative n great job dear..

#21Maria’s CraftNovember 10, 2011, 11:27 pm

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [11 Nov 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

#22AnabellaNovember 11, 2011, 11:04 am

I featured this tutorial in my “Top Ten CRAFTS I loved this week #3″.
It’s an awesome tutorial!!!
Thanks!

PS:It is also a linking party, so you can link up another craft!!

#23CREATIVE MINDNovember 11, 2011, 1:13 pm

Divya;
Thanks, I like to use my creativity in outfits too :)

Maria;
so sweet of you!@ keep sharing with all :)thanks

Anabella;
Thanks for the feature! so nice of you! I will visit again definitely :)

#24cookingvarietiesNovember 11, 2011, 2:24 pm

hi creative mind..
wow! you did it again.. another set of crafty work, which i marvel at your patience to complete that one dress.

Just to let you know that I am featured (guest) blogger at Jasna’s real authentic foodie blog. Thanks, do visit this at

s.

#25Melanie @ bear rabbit bearNovember 11, 2011, 5:05 pm

Thanks for linking to Things I’ve Done Thursday!

Melanie
Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

#26CREATIVE MINDNovember 11, 2011, 5:42 pm

CV;
Hi dear, Thanks for the sweet words & for telling me about this post, I will definitely visit & will say Hi to her :) congrats on featuring there!wish you more success!

Melanie;
Thanks, I like sharing all around :)

#27hellopalzNovember 11, 2011, 6:49 pm

The bag is really nice! i like your creative work in here! Keep it up :-)

#28SamNovember 12, 2011, 10:05 am

Hi sweety, your blog is lovely. You are truly a creative talent…I wish I could make some of these things, but I’m terrible at crafts

#29MaggieNovember 12, 2011, 2:57 pm

awww so cute, Would luv for my readers to see this awesome idea, will you please join our weekly party at
have a great crafting weekend!
Maggie

#30MaggieNovember 12, 2011, 2:57 pm

have a great crafting weekend!
Maggie

#31CREATIVE MINDNovember 12, 2011, 3:03 pm

hellopalz;
Thanks for the sweet words! my goodness!

Sam;
Thank Lovely! so nice of you :) I always Love this word “CREATIVE”
you can do it, give some try plz )

Maggie;
Thanks for inviting me in your linky :) i always Love to share my work in linkys :)
Definitely share with your readers too..

#32Sassy Sites!November 14, 2011, 12:08 am

Thanks for linking up to Sassy Sites FFA party on Friday!! I LOVE to see all of the great ideas! All week this week, we will be doing Thanksgiving themed link ups. Monday is all about Turkeys, so if you have something you’ve created that is turkey-ish :)… come by tomorrow and link it up!!

XOXO!!
marni @ Sassy Sites!

#33Chel HeryNovember 14, 2011, 9:13 am

Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

#34Patricia TorresNovember 14, 2011, 11:57 am

You are super creative…

#35CREATIVE MINDNovember 14, 2011, 12:06 pm

Marni;
thanks for the sweet words! i will try sharing something more :)

Chel Hery;
Thanks you for admiring!

Patti;
Awww..I love reading this word “Creative” *(*

#36Helena, SwedenNovember 15, 2011, 8:36 am

This is really lovely, you are very creative. :)

#37JillNovember 15, 2011, 10:43 am

Oh my goodness Khadija – that is just beautiful! I’m loving those flowers – such amazing details and such a lot of work! now I have to go and check out your handbag!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

#38notyet100November 15, 2011, 11:07 am

Super cool,..:)

#39CREATIVE MINDNovember 15, 2011, 11:42 am

Helena:

jill:
so nice of you, thanks for enjoying the post

notyet100:
thanks a bunch :)

#40Cook Clean CraftNovember 16, 2011, 6:45 am

So pretty and colourful, and so much detail. It looks like a lot of work paid off in a nice, happy shirt.

#41JamieNovember 16, 2011, 11:42 pm

It is beautiful. It will look amazing with that bag which I am in LOVE with.

Jamie

#42CREATIVE MINDNovember 17, 2011, 10:22 am

CCC:
yes it was lengthy but the turn out was relaxing :)
thanks for admiring my work!

Jamie:
Thank you so much for writing such lovely words, so sweet of you!

#43AmieAnnNovember 20, 2011, 5:09 pm

Beautiful! I especially love the matching bag.. what a wonderful way to play with color and embroidery! Thanks so much for sharing with the pink Hippo party.. can’t wait to see what you share next!

#44BecolorfulNovember 20, 2011, 5:21 pm

Khadija,
The shirt is just so fun to look at. I am a huge fan of black and white and the other colors you chose are so happy and bright. The perfect color palate. I am IN LOVE with that handbag though. Maybe you could link THAT up next time. Totally cool too.
Have a great week and thanks for linking up to Motivated Monday at BEColorful.
Pam

#45CREATIVE MINDNovember 20, 2011, 5:36 pm

AmieAnn;
Thanks for admiring my shirt & handbag,,i am really a big fan of handbags..so i make handbags too :)

Pam;
so sweet of you friend, i am in love with black & white color these days! usually i am not but just now!I will love to share with your party dear :) i like spreading colors all around *(*
Lots of Love & thank you all friends for admiring my effort! shooow shweeet :)

#46Jenn "Rook No. 17"November 21, 2011, 9:38 pm

In this week of Thanksgiving I especially want you to know how grateful I am to have you be a part of the creative spirit and camaraderie at Rook No. 17. Thank you for linking up to “A Little Birdie Told Me…”!

Yours,
Jenn

#47JenniferNovember 22, 2011, 8:58 pm

Great color combo!
Thanks for sharing at Show & Share!

#48CREATIVE MINDNovember 23, 2011, 9:44 am

Jenn;
Thanks a bunch dear Jenn! all the best :)

Jennifer;
Thanks for admiring my work :)

#49AnonymousAugust 23, 2012, 4:33 pm

AOA…KHADIJA great work u have done…actually i have done a lot of cources but don’t have much time to utilize the skills because i am doing mphil in biological sciences…i like ur work very much

#50CREATIVE MINDAugust 25, 2012, 9:21 am

Walaikum assalam,
Thanks for the sweet comment, I am also a university student & great to know that a student is enjoying my work..
Keep visiting & let me know your name next time..you can share your work with me via e-mail
kkcreativemind@hotmail.com
all the best for your M.phil.
Allah hafiiz

#51LisaSeptember 25, 2012, 8:33 pm

I love the ribbon work, very beautiful.

#52mrs khanNovember 19, 2012, 5:06 am

i love it it so beautyful

#53HafsaDecember 31, 2012, 1:00 pm

it’s really nice and seems easy I’ll try it and i hope you’ll share more works:)

#54maiteJanuary 18, 2013, 2:55 pm

Me encanta.

#55mrs basitApril 9, 2013, 6:51 am

thanks u send me new creation i enjoy it

#56sadiNovember 17, 2013, 8:56 am

nice

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

How To Make Ceramic Beads Bracelet

How To Make Ceramic Beads Bracelet(3)

I like jewelry & jewelry making too but to be very honest I am not a big fan of Wearing jewelry, I only like wearing Earrings, Rings & Bracelets mostly, So that’s the reason you can see many tutorials on my blog about bracelet making & earrings DIYs, I also have shared many tutorials of

Washi Tape Quick Crafts

Washi Tape Quick Crafts(7)

As I get washi tape rolls in the package, I were excited to try these somewhere, anything easy, quick & fun! so at the moment there was my drawer next to me & in my drawer I found these two things which can be crafted with washi tape quickly.. yeah,, its my Hair catcher &

Henna-Mehndi Design

Henna-Mehndi Design(6)

Henna/Mehndi is one of the most beautiful part of we south Asians culture & tradition. Girls are enjoying henna at different oceans & here mostly girls are really good in henna application..Its always nice to see Mehndi/Henna designs on palms, feet & arms too. I like it even more specially when someone is applying.. isn’t

Freshness Around Me

Freshness Around Me(5)

Hi everyone! Spring is going so good around me, its fresh & beautiful..I am enjoying as usual..it was raining a couple days back & the weather was super awesome! so I thought to take some random clicks & spread the freshness of Pakistan’s spring season with my dear readers.. so check a few of my

Card Making & Paper Flower

Card Making & Paper Flower(7)

Crafting with paper & glue is always interesting. So many ways to decorate with paper, specially if you like paper crafts, then its fun. Card making & embellishing is enjoyable, have you ever tried any? I enjoy creating paper crafts & specially card making, I am also selling my handmade cards. Today I will be

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks