Monogram Wall Art Tutorial

By on June 25th, 2014

Today I will be sharing the making of my name KK monogram wall art, You may have guess who is KK..? Yep its the same girl who is typing this blog post super quickly right now.. haha.. I am REALLY late in posting this art as I have made it couple months back. Well today finally its here..

I wish everyone have a monogram wall art in their rooms, & specially crafters should be having something like this in their craft studio walls..or in a craft room, I don’t know why I like monogram letter a lot..the different types & fonts of monogram letter are always interesting! so I thought why not to try one.. or to have one? Have a look now!

DIY monogram wall art tutorial

DIY monogram wall art tutorial

ME…Khadija Kiran is mostly known as KK in her friends circle..do you know? well, when I thought to create a monogram wall art, I plan to do it with KK.. not just with a single K.. So this is what I have done!

Now see the simple way how I made it..

You will need to have a wooden sheet, Paper sheets of different designs, Mod Podge sealer, washi tape, knife, cutter & scissors & double tape too.Its a wooden piece of art but designed with Decoupage & washi tape, Now see the complete tutorial..

wall art ideas

make wooden monogram wall art

At first I take a wooden sheet & made a pattern of K over it, then I gave it to carpenter for cutting the wood neatly..

k wall art

wall art

This is how I got two KK.. the one is kinda base & other is fixable piece. I can fix these again too..

wall art diy

monogram wall art

It was hard to decide about color selection, there was a base from which I got the K cut out, and the other K was a separate alphabet.

I cut some red paper pieces & then did some decoupage on the separate latter. and the favorite part in decoupaging paper crafts is always Mod Podge.. which really Rocks.. Let it dry & you can paint some more coats for the perfect shine!

decoupage wall art

monogram wall art diy

Now work on the base sheet from where K cut out is done, Paste the sheet over it & when it will be dry then carefully cut it & fold the edges with glue nicely!

wall art diy ideas

k monogram wall art

I were thinking about the color which will be showing from the other side, I like green but as the base color was already having green flowers, so I skip it..lets see for any other color..

monogram wall art diy

monogram wall art diy

Yeah Yellow! a bit different & something bright.. yellow color is not much used in my crafts.. you may notice but really, its not something cute in arts & crafts.. so I don’t know why I don’t appreciate it in crafts mostly..

I paste the yellow foamic sheet at the back side of the base sheet. and then fixed the red decoupaged K piece over it with double tape..

monogram wall art diy

monogram wall art diy

Well now there was a question on how to arrange it..? where to fix it on the base..? So I ask my followers at Instagram & they super sweet people were giving me some suggestions Here

k monogram wall art

Well finally with the suggestion of my readers at social networks, I arrange it..and here it is..

monogram wall art diy

monogram wall art diy

Isn’t it looking fine? Well I am happy with the end result ..

DIY monogram wall art tutorial

DIY monogram wall art tutorial

I hope you liked it too.. let me know how is it looking?

DIY monogram wall art tutorial

DIY monogram wall art tutorial

Its making was not so difficult, I use washi tape border at the sides too.. you can try with different ideas of your own if you dont style it with paper decoupage!

And if you want to buy this kind of wall art with your Name or just a letter of your name, drop me an email for the further details here at kkcreativemind (at)  hotmail (dot) com

If you want to see my all other wall hangings & wall arts you can check my archives WallArts HERE.

Keep creating & happy crafting friends..Have a good day!

20 comments

#1kittyJune 25, 2014, 3:15 pm

Hermoso trabajo amiga. Felicitaciones!

#2Khadija’s Creative MindJune 25, 2014, 4:14 pm

Kitty ; Gracias Amiga :)

#3torviewtorontoJune 25, 2014, 6:41 pm

neat crafts look beautiful

#4Ana Love CraftJune 26, 2014, 8:26 am

Great project! Thanks for sharing this cute idea!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft

#5Khadija’s Creative MindJune 26, 2014, 11:46 am

Torviewtoronto; JazakAllah Akheela dear.

Ana ; Thanks a bunch Ana, so nice of you!
Hugs from Pakistan!

#6itsmariemadeJune 28, 2014, 8:15 am

A clever idea! Looks great :-D

#7Khadija’s Creative MindJune 28, 2014, 10:39 am

itsmariemade;
Thanks :)

#8Anne MarieJune 28, 2014, 1:17 pm

That is so cute! Stopping by from #SITSsharefest!

#9Khadija’s Creative MindJune 30, 2014, 8:17 am

Anne Marie;
Thank you Anne..

#10Michelle LJune 30, 2014, 2:04 pm

I love the 3-D look! How fun to let your social media friends help design the final look. Hey, I am married to a carpenter, I should ask him to cut some letters for me.

#11kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloorJuly 1, 2014, 10:24 pm

This turned out great, Khadija! Very cool!

#12Khadija’s Creative MindJuly 2, 2014, 9:31 am

Michelle;
Thanks, and social media is fun for bloggers indeed..very helpful in many ways! And sure, ask him for a M monogram too :)

#13Khadija’s Creative MindJuly 2, 2014, 9:32 am

Thank you Kristi ! it was fun to create !

#14kfoleyJuly 5, 2014, 3:13 pm

I am a huge fan of anything monogrammed! I need to make one of these for our family. Thanks for linkin to Sunday FUNday!

#15RuxanaJuly 14, 2014, 12:27 pm

this looks really cute…beautiful work dear

#16Khadija’s Creative MindJuly 14, 2014, 12:59 pm

Thank you KFoely & Ruxana for appreciating my wall art :)

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Gift Box Design with Stenciling Technique

Gift Box Design with Stenciling Technique(4)

As the Eid festival is coming near, now its time to give and get some gifts from family & friends..Yayy.. My family & friends are always expecting something arty/crafty from me & this is kind of a hard Task always! Well I handle anyway..haha. Gift Packing and gift box designing is a really important thing

Recent Craft Fail

Recent Craft Fail(12)

A crafty life is filled with some loads of FUN & excitements about making stuff.. We crafters are meeting many arty experiments everyday & we enjoy facing these! isn’t it fun to be a crafter, I enjoy while making, creating, sharing and doing experiments with so many arty things, sometimes the experiment is a hit

Mod Podge Gifts From USA

Mod Podge Gifts From USA(8)

Hello Everyone! Holy month of Ramadan is going great here Alhamdulillah, although weather is going hot day by day! but having many blessings too with loads of happiness & goodness Ma’shaAllah. I hope my Muslim readers all over the world are also having a blessed and happy month of holy Ramadan! My today’s post is

GlassPaint Jar Vase/Organizer Tutorial

GlassPaint Jar Vase/Organizer Tutorial(11)

I enjoy recycling & reusing stuff more than creating something with any new material, Reusing & restyling oldie things are just fun! And the interesting thing about it, you don’t need to worry if the result is not so perfect.. as its recycling! So I always recommend to reuse, recycle & restyle small old thingies,

Pakistani Footballs in FIFA Worldcup 2014

Pakistani Footballs in FIFA Worldcup 2014(0)

World is having a fun fever of Football World cup these days..Are you also among those who are suffering?? hehe..But do you know from where the FOOTBALLS coming ?? who manufacture these beautiful & perfect footballs for the world? Answer is not something difficult.. it’s my country PAKISTAN who manufacture these footballs for the world-cup

Sponsors & Affiliates

Sponsors

SwitchAds

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks