Monogram Wall Art Tutorial

By on June 25th, 2014

Today I will be sharing the making of my name KK monogram wall art, You may have guess who is KK..? Yep its the same girl who is typing this blog post super quickly right now.. haha.. I am REALLY late in posting this art as I have made it couple months back. Well today finally its here..

I wish everyone have a monogram wall art in their rooms, & specially crafters should be having something like this in their craft studio walls..or in a craft room, I don’t know why I like monogram letter a lot..the different types & fonts of monogram letter are always interesting! so I thought why not to try one.. or to have one? Have a look now!

DIY monogram wall art tutorial

DIY monogram wall art tutorial

ME…Khadija Kiran is mostly known as KK in her friends circle..do you know? well, when I thought to create a monogram wall art, I plan to do it with KK.. not just with a single K.. So this is what I have done!

Now see the simple way how I made it..

You will need to have a wooden sheet, Paper sheets of different designs, Mod Podge sealer, washi tape, knife, cutter & scissors & double tape too.Its a wooden piece of art but designed with Decoupage & washi tape, Now see the complete tutorial..

wall art ideas

make wooden monogram wall art

At first I take a wooden sheet & made a pattern of K over it, then I gave it to carpenter for cutting the wood neatly..

k wall art

wall art

This is how I got two KK.. the one is kinda base & other is fixable piece. I can fix these again too..

wall art diy

monogram wall art

It was hard to decide about color selection, there was a base from which I got the K cut out, and the other K was a separate alphabet.

I cut some red paper pieces & then did some decoupage on the separate latter. and the favorite part in decoupaging paper crafts is always Mod Podge.. which really Rocks.. Let it dry & you can paint some more coats for the perfect shine!

decoupage wall art

monogram wall art diy

Now work on the base sheet from where K cut out is done, Paste the sheet over it & when it will be dry then carefully cut it & fold the edges with glue nicely!

wall art diy ideas

k monogram wall art

I were thinking about the color which will be showing from the other side, I like green but as the base color was already having green flowers, so I skip it..lets see for any other color..

monogram wall art diy

monogram wall art diy

Yeah Yellow! a bit different & something bright.. yellow color is not much used in my crafts.. you may notice but really, its not something cute in arts & crafts.. so I don’t know why I don’t appreciate it in crafts mostly..

I paste the yellow foamic sheet at the back side of the base sheet. and then fixed the red decoupaged K piece over it with double tape..

monogram wall art diy

monogram wall art diy

Well now there was a question on how to arrange it..? where to fix it on the base..? So I ask my followers at Instagram & they super sweet people were giving me some suggestions Here

k monogram wall art

Well finally with the suggestion of my readers at social networks, I arrange it..and here it is..

monogram wall art diy

monogram wall art diy

Isn’t it looking fine? Well I am happy with the end result ..

DIY monogram wall art tutorial

DIY monogram wall art tutorial

I hope you liked it too.. let me know how is it looking?

DIY monogram wall art tutorial

DIY monogram wall art tutorial

Its making was not so difficult, I use washi tape border at the sides too.. you can try with different ideas of your own if you dont style it with paper decoupage!

And if you want to buy this kind of wall art with your Name or just a letter of your name, drop me an email for the further details here at kkcreativemind (at)  hotmail (dot) com

If you want to see my all other wall hangings & wall arts you can check my archives WallArts HERE.

Keep creating & happy crafting friends..Have a good day!

21 comments

#1kittyJune 25, 2014, 3:15 pm

Hermoso trabajo amiga. Felicitaciones!

#2Khadija’s Creative MindJune 25, 2014, 4:14 pm

Kitty ; Gracias Amiga :)

#3torviewtorontoJune 25, 2014, 6:41 pm

neat crafts look beautiful

#4Ana Love CraftJune 26, 2014, 8:26 am

Great project! Thanks for sharing this cute idea!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Hugs from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft

#5Khadija’s Creative MindJune 26, 2014, 11:46 am

Torviewtoronto; JazakAllah Akheela dear.

Ana ; Thanks a bunch Ana, so nice of you!
Hugs from Pakistan!

#6itsmariemadeJune 28, 2014, 8:15 am

A clever idea! Looks great :-D

#7Khadija’s Creative MindJune 28, 2014, 10:39 am

itsmariemade;
Thanks :)

#8Anne MarieJune 28, 2014, 1:17 pm

That is so cute! Stopping by from #SITSsharefest!

#9Khadija’s Creative MindJune 30, 2014, 8:17 am

Anne Marie;
Thank you Anne..

#10Michelle LJune 30, 2014, 2:04 pm

I love the 3-D look! How fun to let your social media friends help design the final look. Hey, I am married to a carpenter, I should ask him to cut some letters for me.

#11kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloorJuly 1, 2014, 10:24 pm

This turned out great, Khadija! Very cool!

#12Khadija’s Creative MindJuly 2, 2014, 9:31 am

Michelle;
Thanks, and social media is fun for bloggers indeed..very helpful in many ways! And sure, ask him for a M monogram too :)

#13Khadija’s Creative MindJuly 2, 2014, 9:32 am

Thank you Kristi ! it was fun to create !

#14kfoleyJuly 5, 2014, 3:13 pm

I am a huge fan of anything monogrammed! I need to make one of these for our family. Thanks for linkin to Sunday FUNday!

#15RuxanaJuly 14, 2014, 12:27 pm

this looks really cute…beautiful work dear

#16Khadija’s Creative MindJuly 14, 2014, 12:59 pm

Thank you KFoely & Ruxana for appreciating my wall art :)

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Halloween Pumpkin with Henna

Halloween Pumpkin with Henna(33)

These days I can see many fun posts related Fall, Halloween & Pumpkins decore, I enjoy seeing the fun ideas. Every year I also design something with fall theme & its fun to share. Today I am going to share a henna tattoo designed pumpkin as a Halloween or fall project for my readers all

Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY

Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY(54)

My love for vintage stuff is never ending, I collect antiques whenever I get a chance, like international coins & currency, mail stamps and some other random things like this. I design my business planner/dairy cover while keeping the vintage theme in my mind. So here today I am going to share a planner cover

Eid Day Mehndi Designs

Eid Day Mehndi Designs(39)

Girls are always enjoying Henna/Mehndi designs at Eid day, I also like it even its not the Eid day around. But seriously I am not a good henna designer, specially as compared to my dear sister-in-law designs, she is too good in applying mehndi, While checking the phone gallery yesterday, I notice there were some

Decorate Headband with Collage Clay & Beads

Decorate Headband with Collage Clay & Beads(28)

Recently I had a wonderful experience of Crafting with Kids, It was so fun! I enjoyed a lot & feel pleasure while crafting, My Niece is about 7 years old & she have some creative cells inside, so whenever she is visiting us (she lives far away from our city) She is always interested in

Pillows with Fabric Paints and Quilting

Pillows with Fabric Paints and Quilting(19)

During my Textile design studies, I specially enjoyed working with fabric paints & designing,  it’s a really interesting medium for decorating plain fabric with some colors & patterns etc, during that semester when I were studying paints, I work with screen printing, Block printing, silk painting, fabric painting, emboss paints, glitter paints, led work &

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks