Paint & Calligraphy Art in Ramadan

Paint & Calligraphy Art in Ramadan

Assalam Alaikum friends..
These days Muslims all over the world are enjoying the holy month of Ramadan in which we fast.For those that may not be very familiar with Ramadan, here’s a little bit of information about this special month.Ramadan is the ninth month on the lunar Islamic calender. It’s a time of spiritual reflection, and a time of purifying your heart. A time when extra charity and actions of generosity are encouraged. Ramadan is known to be the month of fasting for Muslims from dawn to sunset. Yes, fasting involves no food or liquids for that time period of the day, but it also means making a conscious effort to refrain from idle talk, backbiting, fighting, etc. Fasting from food and liquids teaches empathy for those that are less fortunate.The Islamic tradition is that the moon must be sighted, so that’s why we don’t know when the actual month begins and ends until the night before.
On that first day of the new month is the start of the celebrations… Eid :) after the fasting month we enjoy our Eid holiday which is so colorful & filled with so much thing you may relate with Eid via my blog is Henna Designs.. Henna/ mehndi on hands is one of important & fun thing for girls on Eid..a bunch of girls gather & start applying henna after official announcement of Eid(depend on moon sight)here comes the start of so much FUN..OMG I am going crazy right now in advance..haha..cant wait..there  are almost 12 days in Eid…wohoo
Well Now move on to the post..
I was having free time a few days back & I thought to paint something.I pick one of my sketchbook which is having such hard paper sheets,so I start making a calligraphy with a textured base..

Paint & Calligraphy

Paint & Calligraphy

Paint & Calligraphy

I wrote the Arabic name Al’Razzaqu here, meaning of this word is “The One Who Provides Food” Its the Holy name of Allah(God) Who is providing food to everyone.. nobody else can be a provider like Him..He is The Lord..
Now check what I have Done for making this wall hanging..
I take a thick/hard page from my sketchbook
A shopping bag piece
Packing sheet with bubbles(I enjoy bursting these bubbles sometimes..haha do you?)
Poster paints
Paint Brushes

Paint & Calligraphy

Paint & Calligraphy

I was not sure about the base color, I mix a few colors & the end result was like this brown..
I make a crush of shopping bag & dip lightly in color & then make texture on sheet.then I roll the packing sheet strip around my finger & then again start ,making textures of bubbles..

Paint & Calligraphy

Paint & Calligraphy

I take foam brush too for some foaming fun textures :)

Paint & Calligraphy

Paint & Calligraphy

I mixed the magenta color with glitter glue & then write this Holy Name of Allah..

Paint & Calligraphy

its done before framing..
This calligraphy is not as perfect as I was thinking before working..Actually my brush flow is not fine this time..I think its because of time gap,,I did calligraphy after almost an year & I did directly on I am thinking it can be better if I tried a couple of times on any rough sheet before & then over my textured base..
Well it was a good experience..I will be keeping this in my mind next time while working :)
Have a Blessed Ramadan Kareem..And Be ready for the EID day..

1. PT

August 7, 2012 at 5:44 pm

its looking beautiful.. thanks for sharing info about ramadan :)

2. Effie's Sweet Home Designs

August 7, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Hi Khadija!
    I like very much your creation Allah!
    Kisses my sweet friend!

3. Nana

August 7, 2012 at 6:12 pm

So creative and talented as usual.

4. Torviewtoronto

August 7, 2012 at 6:30 pm

maashallah beautiful work

5. Vicki

August 7, 2012 at 6:46 pm

This is gorgeous! I love all the colors and textures!

6. Noblesse

August 7, 2012 at 7:34 pm

so creative!perfect!

7. Miki

August 7, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Mubarek Ramadan olsun.
    Very nice work.
    Assalam Alaikum.

8. Ranjana's craft blog

August 8, 2012 at 5:09 am

Very beautiful….Happy Ramadan

August 8, 2012 at 8:43 am

Happy Ramadan!Your work is great!

August 8, 2012 at 9:31 am

Thank You so much everyone & Happy Ramadan to you..

11. kitty

August 8, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Feliz día querida amiga ! y tambien para tu pueblo!
    En cuanto a tu trabajo con la bolsa de la compra queda fantástico.. ya lo he hecho y sé que luce muy bien.
    Un abrazo!

12. Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

August 8, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Happy Ramadan! Love this! When I was pregnant I had henna on my belly to bless the baby and the birth. I was beautiful. I will try to find a picture so I can show you! Thanks so much for linking up to the CHQ Blog Hop! Hope to see you back next week! Happy to be following! =)

13. Mariam (Saudi | Philippines)

August 8, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Ramadan Mubarak, dear sister Khadijah,

I sent you an email just a while ago in response to your comment you posted on one of my blog entries several days ago. I’m sorry about the late reply, sis Khadijah :)

anyway, this entry is Masha-Allah so fabulous. I love the way you designed one of Allah’s Most Grand And Beautiful Names :) Masha-Allah I really think you can opt to teach art at an Islamic school, like our Islamic school at WISHES (

have you ever considered teaching as a profession, sis Khadijah? Ramadan Mubarak always and Eid Mubarak in advance.

what to say as many times as you can in the last ten nights of Ramadan:

ALLAHUMMA Innaka ‘Afuwwun Tuhebbul ‘Afwa fa’foo ‘annaa.

O’ Allah You (Allah) are the Most Forgiving, You (Allah) love forgiving/forgiveness, so please forgive us. Ameen.

May Allah always forgive us and guide us to whatever He (Allah) and His Messenger Muhammad SallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam love, Khadijah. Ameen. Ameen. Ameen.

wasalaam :)

August 8, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Thanks my friends..
    how nice, OK share the pic whenever you will find :) I will enjoy having a look !
    JazakAllah dear..Ramadan mubarak to you too..I will be replying your email soon!

15. iremi nisces

August 8, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Asalamu alaikum, jazakallah khair for sharing Islamic calligraphy.

Keep an eye open for my next post inshAllah it will be special..

16. Nissa

August 8, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Ramadhan Mubarak!
    It’s always fun to find other Muslim Bloggers!

17. Magia da Inês

August 9, 2012 at 8:27 am

É tão bonito!
    Um lindo dia, com muito sol, saúde e paz!!…
    Beijinhos do Brasil.

18. shorey

August 10, 2012 at 2:37 am

اسعد الله صباحكم ..
    ساعدوني في نشر مدونتي حسنه
    بوضع بنر في مواقعكم وصفحاتكم الخاصه
    فيس بوك وتويتر وغيرها ..
    وانشاء رساله خاصه بها
    ودعمها بالرابط

حسنه مدونه لعرض الأعمال الخاصه بمشروعي الخيري
    كونوا معي وبالقرب مني
    لنكن يدآ بيد لغدِ افضل بإذن الله
    لنرسم ابتسامه بوجه شيخ ولنغرص امل بقلب يتيم

وشكرآ سلفآ لكل من سيقف بالقرب مني

19. Ambreen (Simply Sweet 'n Savory)

August 10, 2012 at 8:19 am

Beautiful calligraphy, I think you did a great job! Wishing you a very blessed last ashra of Ramadan !

August 10, 2012 at 9:46 am

Thank you so much everyone..I love hearing from sweet of you!

dear contact me via e-mail at
    I will be definitely helping you for this purpose..!

21. Ivy and Elephants

August 10, 2012 at 11:44 am

This is absolutely beautiful. You did an amazing job. You have such fabulous creativity and I would love it if you would share this post at our WIW linky party. Hope you can join us. Enjoy the rest of Ramadan :-)

22. Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

August 10, 2012 at 5:50 pm

Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning!

23. Meredith @ Wait Til Your Father Gets Home

August 11, 2012 at 3:58 am

Thanks so much for linking up with us this week @ Keep Calm & Link Up! We’re thrilled you joined us :o)

Beautiful work!

24. Magia da Inês

August 11, 2012 at 10:45 am

º° ♫♡彡° ·.

Bom fim de semana!

August 11, 2012 at 10:54 am

26. cookingvarieties

August 11, 2012 at 1:07 pm

great idea khadija…, keep up being creative. happy fasting, whats for iftar dera.

27. Jen

August 11, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Very beautiful! :)

I found your blog through the blog hop and I followed you via GFC. I hope you can visit my blog at :)

You might want to join my Twitter link up!

28. Dr Sonia S V

August 11, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Very creative Khadija

29. ramyasblog

August 12, 2012 at 12:39 pm

30. Len Cruz

August 12, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Thanks for enlightening us about Ramadan. I was not aware of how beautiful the meaning of Ramadan is. That’s a very nice artwork! I love the burst of colors. I learned a lot today. Good things! Thanks Khadija! :-)

August 13, 2012 at 1:36 am

Thank you for the amazing information, It is always interesting to learn of anothers culture. The painting is great too! Thank you for sharing at The “Sunday Stop’!

32. Karima

August 13, 2012 at 10:02 am

I love this work – You have such talent for designing!

33. ApplePie

August 13, 2012 at 6:28 pm

I followed you and I just started a blog, it’s dutch. But you could use translate of course. Following would mean alot to me! (I have a blog hop atm)

34. Becolorful

August 13, 2012 at 9:12 pm

What I enjoyed most was the explanation of Ramadan. Thank you for sharing.

35. Jill

August 14, 2012 at 12:31 am

Beautiful as always Khadija! And thanks for sharing the meaning of Ramadan! I didn’t know all of that!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

36. The Thriftiness Miss

August 14, 2012 at 1:13 pm

This is beautful. I was not familiar with the holiday traditions before so thank you for the insight as well.

Thanks so much for sharing this at our Weekend Wonders party! We hope to see you back again on Thursday :) Have a great week!

37. Erin

August 14, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Awesome!! thanks for share!

38. cathy@my1929charmer

August 15, 2012 at 2:04 am

It looks beautiful, I also was not familiar about the tradition and enjoyed learning about it your insight! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

39. Denise Mulligan

August 15, 2012 at 4:47 am

Happy Ramadan! This article is so interesting to me. I love to hear about your creative process. It’s also very timely for me because I just posted on my blog about beautiful handwriting and the practice of it. I love looking at symbols and finding out their meanings. All languages and their written symbols are amazing works of art and so spiritual.

40. Denise Mulligan

August 15, 2012 at 4:58 am

I wanted to ask you, if you would be interested in linking up to my blog on Wednesday or Tuesday, I’m adding a link for others to show their personal writing styles. I think your style would be fantastic. I would love to have others share their own languages, not just English which is mine. I’m making an English Artful Alphabet book. You can make one in your language and show my viewers how it is done in other cultures. Your readers are welcomed to participate as well. We could get a cultural language blog link to run.
    Thanks very much.

41. Hinna

August 16, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Just saw your link at Lil’Luna. Mash’Allah your painting is beautiful.

Eid Mubarak to you and your family!

42. Heidi Fowler

August 17, 2012 at 5:14 am

Beautiful! Thanks for joining the party at One Creative Weekend! I hope to see you back tomorrow.

43. Kristine Foley

August 18, 2012 at 6:15 am

SO pretty!!

Thanks so much for linkin up with me last week! Hope you link up again on Sunday!
    Kristine from The Foley Fam {unedited} Blog

August 18, 2012 at 11:44 am

Thank You so much every one for appreciating my calligraphy work & for the wishes..
    Have a nice day..

45. rekha

January 12, 2013 at 5:55 pm

hi… thanks for sharing.. you have a wonderful and amazing site.. keep it up..
    Could pls tell me how to make designs using white stone in sarees and chudithar…

46. jaffer raza kahn

November 4, 2014 at 11:39 am

I was just searching the pages for calligraphic, specially Arabic Calligraphy, suddenly I clicked ur name.
    I m very much impressed by ur work.When I was in School and college ,I was very much fond of Paintings. Now for the last one and two years I have started calligraphy ,With ur permission I can send u few by Email.
    I m now 65, I never learned it properly or join any institute for these paintings and calligraphy, it is just Gd Gifted. At this time when I m passing my retired life ,this Art is helping too much.
    Anyways, God Bless u……………………………Now I m going for salah..Thanks for ur time.

• Khadija's Creative Mind

November 5, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Thanks for your visit & appreciating my work. sure, you can share your work with us.
      All the best. jazakAllah.