How To Design A Plain Clock With Colorful Washi Tape

How To Design A Plain wallClock With Colorful Washi Tape

DIY

How To Design A Plain Clock With Colorful Washi Tape

Washi Tape crafts are one of my favorites. They are easy, quick & always look fabulous. From gift packing to home decore, there are so many possibilities. In my previous article, I decoupage a table with some chevron design colorful washi tape. Today I will be sharing a quick DIY about designing a plain wall clock with colorful Washi Tape.

One day while dusting the surface of kitchen cabinets, Suddenly I hit the wall clock & in a moment it was on the floor with it’s glass broken totally. Luckily its machinery was working well. So instead of feeling sad, I were smiling. Haha! You know what? The designed glass of the mirror is broken. All I had is a plain clock in light green/off white color. So it’s time to redesign. Yay! Another project to start working on. Have a look how I have done it with Washi Tape and some freehand doodles.

How To Design A Plain Clock With Colorful Washi Tape

How To Design A Plain Clock With Colorful Washi Tape

You don’t need to have a bunch of craft supplies, Get some washi tape & colorful markers. Design it as you like.

How To Design A Plain Clock With Colorful Washi Tape

Here it is the plain wall clock, Before applying washi tape, First I did some doodle draw with black marker & fill it with colorful markers.

How To Design A Plain Clock With Colorful Washi Tape

First draw with black marker, Then expand the design as much as you want.

I start from the middle & then complete the border area. Just draw some shapes, triangles, squares etc! I admit it’s not something neatly done but it’s okay as freehand work is always like this.

How To Design A Plain wallClock With Colorful Washi Tape

Black, Pink, red & green addition is done. Now I draw some yellow lines around the design.

How To Design A Plain wallClock With Colorful Washi Tape

Now it’s time to apply washi tapes. I found this washi tape in multi color triangles design. I think it’s fine with my doodle design colors.

How To Design A Plain wallClock With Colorful Washi Tape

I paste the strip of washi tape on the clock plastic border & one by one complete it. Then I made four plus designs to mention 12-3-6-9 & it’s Done! I coated with mod podge then. Yellow color is dim now because of coating.

I am very clever, Instead of hanging this wall clock in the kitchen, I hold it in my room. I hang another simple black wall clock in the kitchen & fixed this one on my craftroom wall. As I decorate it in my craftroom, So better I should hang it here. Haha! I hope you will enjoy this idea. Many of us already have plain wall clocks, So let’s try something easy with washi tape any day!

Here you can find my Washi Tape Crafts Tutorials & some of my freehand doodle drawings.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Thanks

Khadija

1. Michelle L

January 23, 2016 at 3:25 pm

That is so cool! I love the doodle in the center and all the colors – you really created a showpiece!

2. creativejewishmom/sara

January 24, 2016 at 9:33 am

Love it, great job! Thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday, need some more crafts amongst all that cooking!

3. Michelle

January 24, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Looks like a fun craft. Thanks for sharing on The Lazy Gastronome.

4. Heather @ Simply Save

January 24, 2016 at 6:06 pm

This is so cool! It’s amazing all the neat things you can do with washi tape! Thanks for sharing on the Small Victories Sunday Linkup!

5. pitavola

January 24, 2016 at 6:33 pm

que ingeniosa eres! y el resultado siempre es espectacular
    Bsos

6. Sana

January 26, 2016 at 11:30 am

AMAZING job sis .. m so loving this .. well done .. MA u r so talented ♡♡

7. Julie

January 27, 2016 at 4:52 pm

I love the idea of brightening up a plain boring clock with a doodle and some washi tape. What fun, thanks.

8. Ranjana Shankar

January 30, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Cool idea! Looks very different and beautiful now.

9. Karen

February 3, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Your doodle looks amazing! I’m sure my efforts wouldn’t come out like that. You’ve made such a lovely transformation of the clock. Thanks for sharing with the Blog Fair.

• Khadija's Creative Mind

February 5, 2016 at 8:13 am

Thanks Karen for enjoying the idea. I am glad you like it :) Let’s try any day.

10. Christine at Must Love Home

February 4, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Love it!! Your post has been Pinned,Tweeted and shared on Facebook! I’ll be featuring it this week on the Friday Favorites Link Party at Mustlovehome.com. Come by the party to see your feature and share what you have been working on this week! The doors open at 7PM every Thursday. Hugs – Christine at Must Love Home

• Khadija's Creative Mind

February 5, 2016 at 8:15 am

Thanks Christine for the pinning & feature. My pleasure. I would love to join again. Have a great Friday :)

11. sadee

February 6, 2016 at 7:12 am

Such a beautiful piece of art!
    You are very creative khadija :) I’m in love with your designs

12. Sujatha

February 6, 2016 at 2:55 pm

This is a great idea me so well done Khadija!