DIY Paper Lantern with Henna Designs

By on January 1st, 2013

Hello Everyone, Its 1st of January..First day of year 2013 & the first post of this new year is Live now! I wish you all a very successful year ahead..

My Henna designed paper lanterns are appreciated much by my friends, & I like designing these! A couple days back I thought to design another paper lantern with some variation. so I did it by using glitter and rhinestones this time.Tell me how is it looking..

Paper Lantern with Henna designs

You will need a very few things if you want to create a paper lantern for your home.

1- designing skills. 2-henna or any paint 3-Markers 4-Glitter 5-Rhinestones 6-doubleside tape 7-Paper sheet

henna mehndi designs

Draw any motifs free hand or with any tracing.

henna designed paper lanterns

Let the paint/henna dry & fill the designs with colored markers and glitter.

henna designs with glitter

add some glitter beauty in it..I use glitter glue.I share this above image at my instagram page & everyone liked this sneak peek..

diy paper lanterns

paste some rhinestones in design.

paper lantern tutorial

For making its shape, you will use double sided tape & carefully make a round lantern.

paper lantern designing2

And its done..

paper lantern designing

Here it is..

designed paper lantern

Before it was this plain henna designed paper sheet..

candle in paper lantern

Once I made a gel candle in glass, if you will notice minutely, you can see a bride & groom in the candle..& a heart too. I put this ceramic couple in glass & then pour some gel & glitter with a heart shape bead.

paper lantern making

place the paper lantern over the gel glass candle.do not place around any other candle, because its paper & the flame may cause anything wrong..so be careful plz.

henna designed paper lanterns3

Here are a few more Paper Lanterns from my archives.

Have a nice day!

43 comments

#1MERCEDESJanuary 1, 2013, 2:21 pm

WAU KHADIJA !!!!! QUE PRECIOSIDAD !!!! Y ES QUE SOIS UNICOS PARA TODO TIPO DE DIBUJOS Y FILIGRANAS…. QUE ARTE !!!!! ES LO MISMO QUE EN LAS MANOS, ALUCINO…. MUCHOS BESOS, QUERIDA KHADIJA, Y FELIZ AÑO NUEVO.

#2Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 2, 2013, 1:05 pm

Thank you so much my dear Mercedes, you are always a sweet friend! Hugs back.. :-*

#3TammyJanuary 1, 2013, 4:01 pm

These are just lovely! Thanks for sharing :)

#4Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 2, 2013, 1:05 pm

Thanks Tammy!

#5betty the wood fairyJanuary 1, 2013, 6:37 pm

Your lanterns are really beautiful – I haven’t seen anything like them in the UK – they are really special, you are a clever lady. Betty x Happy New Year!

#6Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 2, 2013, 1:06 pm

Thanks for enjoying my creation & idea.. Have Fun!

#7GHAZALA GHANIJanuary 1, 2013, 8:36 pm

wow Khadija! beautiful work !HAPPY NEW YEAR!

#8Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 2, 2013, 1:07 pm

Thanks, Happy year to you too :)

#9Angela ConleyJanuary 2, 2013, 6:17 am

Beautiful work! Love the henna designs & detail.

#10Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 2, 2013, 1:07 pm

Thank you Angela..

#11IskricaJanuary 2, 2013, 5:14 pm

This lanterns looking… Looking… Looking FANTASTIC!

Happy New year!

#12Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 3, 2013, 8:42 am

Thank You my sweet Friend..

#13ChristineJanuary 4, 2013, 12:09 pm

AMAZING!!!!!!! Gosh I can’t get over how wonderful that lantern is!

Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

#14Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 5, 2013, 11:03 am

Thanks for appreciating a lot :)

#15MariumJanuary 4, 2013, 2:36 pm

Wow, these are amazing! Found you through the Cottage Market. Mendhi designs are truly and art form. I will be back for more inspiration!

#16Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 5, 2013, 11:10 am

Thanks Marium for enjoying my art & idea..have fun..

#17Debi @ Adorned From AboveJanuary 4, 2013, 11:14 pm

Khadija,
I love this lantern. You did a beautiful job. I would love to have you share this with this weeks Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop. It runs from Wednesday through midnight Sunday. Here is the link to the party.
Debi @ Adorned From Above

#18Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 5, 2013, 11:13 am

Thank you Debi, & I will be sharing at your party..thanks for the invitation !!

#19AmbreenJanuary 5, 2013, 1:40 pm

Happy New Year, Khadija! Great looking lanterns, your henna designs are fantastic! Looking forward to more of your beautiful creations in 2013 :)

#20Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 6, 2013, 8:43 am

Thank you so much dear Ambreen!

#21DilaJanuary 6, 2013, 11:50 am

¸.•°✿✿⊱彡

Muito lindo!!!
Bom domingo!
Boa semana!
º° ✿✿°º
°º✿ Beijinhos do Brasil.
º° ✿♥ ♫° ·.

#22Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 7, 2013, 10:32 am

#23Katherines CornerJanuary 6, 2013, 10:05 pm

Happy New Year wishes and thank you for sharing at the hop. I hope you will stop by again soon. I posted the new giveaway! xo

#24Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 7, 2013, 10:32 am

Sure..Happy new year to you too Katie!

#25Lisa @ Flour Me With LoveJanuary 7, 2013, 3:23 pm

These are beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

#26Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 10, 2013, 6:30 am

Welcome Lisa..!!

#27Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .comJanuary 7, 2013, 10:11 pm

I remember you first making these. Thank you so much for linking these up with us. Sincerely look forward to your regular linky party contributions in the new year! :: HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! ::

#28Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 10, 2013, 6:31 am

Oh really? Thats nice!! Thanks for enjoying my efforts :)

#29HeidiJanuary 10, 2013, 4:25 am

Beautiful designs! Thanks for linking up at OneCreativeMommy.com!

#30Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 10, 2013, 6:31 am

Thank you Heidi..

#31Diana RamblesJanuary 10, 2013, 5:56 pm

Beautiful!!

#32Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 10, 2013, 7:29 pm

Thanks!

#33andrea cammarataJanuary 11, 2013, 11:26 am

As always…GORGEOUS!!! : ) Hugs…

#34Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 11, 2013, 9:14 pm

Thanks dear,, so nice of you

#35Mrs. Sarah CollerJanuary 11, 2013, 7:00 pm

This is really pretty and a great, easy idea! Thanks so much for linking with my Homemaking Link-Up Weekend. The new linky is up and I’d love to have you join!

Blessings,
Mrs. Sarah Coller

#36Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 11, 2013, 9:15 pm

Thank you! Sure I will be sharing!!

#37BeColorfulJanuary 13, 2013, 1:36 am

Absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing on BeColorful.
p

#38Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 13, 2013, 11:08 am

Thanks Pam :)

#39JillJanuary 13, 2013, 5:35 am

GORGEOUS!! I love all your Henna designs!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you’re having a fabulous weekend.
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

#40Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 13, 2013, 11:09 am

Thanks Jill..
    Have a nice day :)

#41Patricia TorresMarch 4, 2013, 7:44 am

Thats impressive.. I love the first pic.. and how the reflection of the light looks from the inside… Wow!! Amazing idea !

#42BanglesSeptember 17, 2013, 4:45 pm

YOUR BAGS Are very Nice CREATIVE. You need to SELL THEM ON CONSIGNMENT AT
SHOPS In search of ANTIUQE ITEMS….

#43soumiSeptember 29, 2013, 2:01 pm

Thankyou Khadija for sharing your thots i am truly inspired and will try some myself….. and post it here soon :) :)

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Pillows with Fabric Paints and Quilting

Pillows with Fabric Paints and Quilting(4)

During my Textile design studies, I specially enjoyed working with fabric paints & designing,  it’s a really interesting medium for decorating plain fabric with some colors & patterns etc, during that semester when I were studying paints, I work with screen printing, Block printing, silk painting, fabric painting, emboss paints, glitter paints, led work &

Truck Art Inspired Drawings

Truck Art Inspired Drawings(16)

I love working on my freehand Drawings, Paintings, Sketching ..Its fun to make drawings & doodling with color markers, playing with vibrant & bright colors on a sketchbook sheet is simply nice! I enjoy making truck art inspired drawings also, In past years I were making loads of paintings, working with brushes & water based

DIY Independence Day Pendant

DIY Independence Day Pendant(12)

Month of August is very special for us Pakistanis, because it’s the month of independence, 14th August 1947 was the day when we got freedom. Too much struggle, efforts, difficult situations around but the whole Nation is working hard with unity for the peace and prosperity of our dear country.. So Happy 67 years my

Nature Clicks

Nature Clicks(7)

“Look deep into Nature & then You will understand everything better” This is not Me who is saying these wise word..its by Albert Einstein. 100% agree about what He said.. Life is all about learning & understanding.. if we have eyes and specially inner eyes, we can definitely understand the pretty awesome lessons by the

Ribbon Flower Headbands #ForSale

Ribbon Flower Headbands #ForSale(12)

I sell my handmade creations on & off & its fun to create for others..I create for my family & friends a lot but I specially enjoy getting online feed back of my readers/followers this way! Mostly I sell abroad and sometime in Pakistan too, I enjoy doing everything arty crafty & creative! So here

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks