Pakistani Wedding-Series of Celebrate Pakistan Day

Celebrate Pakistan Day

Pakistani Wedding-Series of Celebrate Pakistan Day

Assalam Alaikum(peace be upon you)
My today’s post is again a part of the series of Celebrate Pakistan Day-14th August.Now i will share about Pakistani wedding..Its a very colorful ceremony otherwise..so lets start reading about our colorful functions!

Pakistani Wedding-Series of Celebrate Pakistan Day

In our wedding parties we have 3 major days of wedding..The first is called Mehndi or Rasm-e-Henna
Stage is usually decorated in yellow, green colors like this;

Pakistani Wedding

Its the function of an evening..when specially ladies get together for enjoying bride’s henna application ceremony.any girl who can apply henna well or (beautition from saloon), she start applying henna on bride’s hands..then after completing designs on hands, arms & feet.other girls sit around the same girl for henna designing..

1st Day
Mehndi Function

Pakistani Wedding

Bride wear yellow or green colored dress that evening, without make-up & jewellery, she mostly wear fresh flower jewelry! jasmine & rose jewelry is perfect for the function!

Pakistani Wedding

Besides all these henna filled hands, there is another function around which is full of Music, Dance & lots of fun stuff..unmarried girls try to disturb bride with jokes & special songs which called Tappy in our typical language..

Pakistani Wedding

some giggles & fun moments :)

In henna party, Mother,sisters or cousins of groom also join the ceremony & they take lots of sweets & fruits of maximum types along with their gifts..
Then the most colored function stay around late night..although parents & senior people force to stop the function because the next day is also a busy day! but youngsters hardly stop rocking their chill :)

2nd Day!

Wedding Day

Pakistani Wedding

This is a Pakistani bride, wearing traditional dress Lehnga with lots of heavy jewelry ,check some more!

Pakistani Wedding

Henna on hands is a compulsory thing for a bride :)
Now check some heavy jewelry which is also a basic need with the dress!

Gold jewelry is Must have stuff for brides :)
on wedding day,groom come with his family, relatives & friends at the bride’s house or at any hotel or venue..so he take his wife with him forever..but after the Nikkah (paper documentation & a special Dua)
Bride mostly wear red, meron or magenta colored heavy embroidery embellished dress on the first day of Wedding..& groom usually wear white or black dress with a little embroidery!
Check some couple pics;

3rd Day
Walima

Pakistani Wedding

3nd day of wedding is called Walima..when brides usually prefer wearing light color like blue,pink,purple.aqua.etc..

Pakistani Wedding

Walima function is now from groom’s family, so the bride’s family & friend visit on new couple’s invitation & enjoy their party!
There is another thing which is much involved in weddings! Lots of dowry items..which is filled with luxurious & lavish things, bride’s parents gift her so many things according to their social status or income..some extraordinary rich people gift their daughter full furnished house, latest cars, so many jewelry items or a heavy amount in cash..well these things are not admirable according to Islamic teachings! Islam teaches us to live a simple but graceful life..
My today’s post is getting long!! so i must say good bye now! I will meet you soon with another Celebrate Pakistan Day Series..
Note; All above images source is Google, if you want to browse something more, you can search by writing-Pakistani weddings,Bride & groom Or Jewelry! simply you will find more about these pics! so have fun!

Have an Independent Day!!

1. Terri

August 15, 2011 at 4:37 pm

How beautiful! Your wedding traditions very interesting. I like that they seem very family oriented. Love your blog!

2. Michelle L.

August 15, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Amazing wedding styles! I love the lovely idea of fresh flower jewelry. Thanks so much for finding and collecting all these in one place for us. Poor exhausted K! Sorry you are so worn out – I hope you climb out of the hole soon and have some room to breathe.

3. sahar awan

August 15, 2011 at 7:11 pm

very informative post about Our Pakistani culture…great pictures picked….great

4. Torviewtoronto

August 15, 2011 at 7:24 pm

lovely post Kadija nicely explained

5. Nedret

August 15, 2011 at 7:42 pm

Wonderful photos:)))

August 15, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Terri;
    Thanks a bunch for these lovely words..Actually our Islamic rules are very family oriented..so everybody enjoy smartly!
    Thanks for the love..i am blessed with your love sweeties..

Michelle;
    Thanks, fresh flower jewelry is very usual thing here..not a new thing :)
    I am really getting exhausted :( but i am having a plan..hmmm

Sahar;
    we are really blessed with so many colors :) thanks for enjoying ..

Toreview toronto;
    Thanks a bunch for admiring my post..Lovely friend..

Nedret;
    Thanks my dearest..so sweet of You!

7. SimplyMe

August 15, 2011 at 10:28 pm

Great post on Pakistan weddings. Happy Pakistan day to you. It is amazing how very similar the traditions of a Pakistani wedding is to an Indian muslim wedding. Maybe not that surprising since their origins are the same.

Looking forward to your craft posts.

8. Michele Pacey

August 16, 2011 at 3:18 am

I think the brides are just stunning! I love the use of the colours in the dresses. They are so lavish and intricate and interesting and so beautifull. What amazing traditions you have!

You need rest Khadija! Time to put your feet up and have some tea! :)

9. biyasimadahagirdim

August 16, 2011 at 8:49 am

great colors, dresses and jewelry ;)

10. Ambreen

August 16, 2011 at 12:42 pm

That’s a wonderful post Khadija ( Is Kiran your real name? )! My brother is getting married after Eid, I’m very excited & looking forward to it. Lovely pics, great write up! Take care and have a good rest :)

11. bir tutam kekik

August 16, 2011 at 12:43 pm

wauuuvv :))
    harika fotoğraflar bunlar…
    sevgilerimle…

August 16, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Simply Me;
    Thanks for the sweet comment..i really admire your Love!!
    Actually 65 years back, Pakistan & india was the same subcontinent..so we have similar traditions..but the basic thing..our religion is defferent!
    I am Lucky to be a part of this tradition & culture..

Michele;
    I am so very proud of my culture & tradition..we are totally colorful people..thanks for the lovely words my dear!!

BYDG;

August 16, 2011 at 1:21 pm

ByDG;
    Thanks my dearest!!

Ambreen;
    Thanks for enjoying..My full name is Khadija Kiran..everybody call me by saying Kiran..so I am Kiran mostly…Wao..there will be lots of funn..InshaAllah sb function buht achy rahyn gy..phir aap b pics share krna..I wish i can rest some more…thanks

Bir tutam;
    Thanks a bunch my dear,so sweet to have you :)

14. Mesh

August 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Que bonito y interesante conocer mas de tu cultura :).
    Ten bonito dia
    MESH

15. cookingvarieties

August 16, 2011 at 3:54 pm

hi khadija, 4 straight days of being a star must be very tiring but are the most enjoyable and beautiful moments in life for the bride and groom.
    in malaysia, the muslims celebrate for a few days too and the mehndi is only on the nails and palm of the hand and the feet.
    the celebration at the bride’s will be done the following week.
    really a great post to share…

16. Miriam

August 16, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Nuevamente gracias por seguir enseñándonos de tu cultura, muy hermosa. Suerte con los estudios, Besos

17. Lisi

August 16, 2011 at 11:27 pm

It is really amaising how important is this day (well, my wedding was as I dreamed: we were wearing jeans!!!! ) and how beautiful are all the photos you have included: Henna is impresive together with these wedding dresses, colors and jewelry.

Thanks for sharing this information.

August 17, 2011 at 6:44 am

Cooking varieties;
    Everyday is filled with interesting & wonderful happenings :) so much funnn :) thanks for enjoying the post!!

Miriam;
    so sweet of you my dear.thanks!

Lisi;
    hey dear, wearing jeans??? ohhh..amazing but confusing!! well thanks a bunch for admiring the dresses, jewelry & henna..so sweet!

19. Lynda @ Uber Savvy Buzzword

August 17, 2011 at 10:16 am

The colours and traditions are wonderful to read about and see. Lynda

20. anneminkizıyim

August 17, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Hallo, Merhaba,
    ich finde die Braut und Ihre Schmucken sind einfach großartig.
    Sehr schönes Blog!

Sevgiler

21. Sarah

August 17, 2011 at 7:38 pm

This is a unique post for me, very nice dresses & the jewelry seems precious!
    Thanks for sharing your tradition with outsiders of Pakistan

August 17, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Lynda;
    Thank you so much for enjoying the whole post :)

Annemin;
    Welcome dear, these dresses are really beautiful :)

Sarah;
    Thanks a bunch, these jewelry designers are awesome!! but sometimes unaffordable too.. hehe

23. Fatma

August 17, 2011 at 11:23 pm

thanks creatıve mınd:)))

24. Nähmeise

August 18, 2011 at 7:41 pm

it was so interesting about your report a Pakistani Wedding ! Your picrures are absolutely gorgeous, jewelry and the bride and groom dresses
    i find it marvelous !
    i look forward to your next report !

25. Plateful

August 21, 2011 at 11:46 am

This is a great post my sweet friend. I simply love desi weddings–the grand ceremony, stunning costumes and jewelry, mehendi nite, fun…and what not! I too have a wedding in the family right after Eid and I’m soooo looking forward to it. These days I’m just thinking of what dress I’ll be wearing for the 3-day function… especially what colors to chose, oh my! :))

26. Cary

February 20, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Thanks for so much information and explanation about Pakistani Muslim weddings. I am familiar with movies from India in most of the languages, not just Hindi and the weddings are similar. I have a question though. Why the big nose ring? I don’t mean to offend, please forgive my ignorance.

February 21, 2012 at 1:50 pm

Thanks All for enjoying my post about Pakistani wedding & trends..Its always a fun to attend a wedding party!
    Cary;
    Thanks for writing your words,a nose-pin is not a must have item but brides like to wear this,although its not compulsory to have a big nose pin,its an old tradition of wearing lots of jewelry items at wedding,its only in fashion for brides,not for all..so why not a bride wear a fashionable stuff..
    no problem dear,you can ask more :)

28. Su

March 6, 2012 at 4:41 am

Khadija Thank you for taking to time to teach us of Pakistani weddings and customs …I do have to say your brides are so very much more beautiful than the American white dress brides…love love love the colors and the detail of every inch of the brides happiness :)I have had the henna done before on me I like it very much…again Thank you

29. Shajee Fareedi

June 20, 2016 at 7:06 pm

All the bridals are looking pretty and i like the dresses especially the wedding day dress