Decoupage Diary Cover

decoupage diary tutorial

BookMarks Making

Decoupage Diary Cover

A few days back I decoupage this diary, but the oops thing here I would like to share is my blunder with Camera.. actually I format the card by mistake and tutorial pics for this diary decoupage disappear in a few seconds..how sad it is for a crafter? Did you ever feel this kind of trouble? well I take pics again for sharing with you.

Here it is an easy idea about decoupaging a leather diary. Its a new diary,but I was not feeling good with its brownish color.So I hide the color brown & make it girly now.

Decoupage Diary Cover

Decoupaged diary cover

Decoupage Diary Cover

I did this within 15 minutes, a very easy & quick make over.. you should try this if you are tired of seeing your same/simple diary cover.diy decoupage cover

You will need to have a floral designed paper, foam brush, scissor, modpodge/glue, sand paper zero,

Process;

– First I measure the diary area where I want to paste the sheet. Then I cut the paper & paste over it.when it will get dry then simply mod podge it.

modpodge decoupage

I did a second coat of modpodge but this time I apply MP sparkle for some blingy look..can you feel some shimmer here?

decoupage diary tutorial

Decoupage Diary Cover

I make a bookmark too for this diary, you should use zero sand paper for making this diary smooth for holding in hand.

A few bad experiences while crafting are always useful for us in future, as I have missed my tutorial images but from now I will be more careful while working with camera touch system.

Let me know how you feel about my today’s post without step by step images..I hope you can to understand well without all steps because its a very simple and easy idea about decoupage.

My other modpodged diary cover from archives.

Have a Nice Day!

1. Michelle L

April 10, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Khadija! I am in loooOOOooove with your idea for a matching bookmark! This set would make an amazing gift. Great one!

2. maite

April 10, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Precioso trabajo.
    Bss.

3. Paula

April 10, 2013 at 6:57 pm

this is very nice, love that you made a bookmark to go with the book !!!!!

4. Khadija's Creative Mind

April 11, 2013 at 11:56 am

Thank you friends :) a matching bookmark is really Fun idea ..

5. Ambreen (Simply Sweet 'n Savory)

April 11, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Wonderful looking diary, the matching bookmark is so cute! Thanks Khadija for your kind words :)

6. Nena3110

April 11, 2013 at 7:30 pm

It is so beautiful.

7. monsterscircus

April 11, 2013 at 8:47 pm

So so lovely Khadija! I love decoupage! sorry to hear about the photos, but the missing photos doesn’t make this DIY less useful, I love it:-) And do I see a corner made of leather, so cool! how did you make the letters?
    thank you so much for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!

8. Khadija's Creative Mind

April 12, 2013 at 12:44 pm

Thanks you all,
    And Mostercircus;
    the corner of diary was as it is, I cut the paper this way & didn’t hide the corner with the written word Diary..

9. Mariam Mababaya

April 13, 2013 at 6:34 pm

salaam alaikum sister Khadijah,

how are you? this is Mariam from the Philippines,

do you still remember me or have you forgotten, sis? :) I was the one who commented on how, mashaAllah, you are very talented that you could be one of our teachers at our school

so how are you doing nowadays? :)

love you for Allah’s sake sis Khadijah,
    Wasalaam

10. Mariam Mababaya

April 13, 2013 at 6:35 pm

yet again beautiful artwork you got going on here sis, mashaAllah! :)

you must be very rich to be able to buy all those art tools and accessories :o) mashaAllah :)

11. Khadija's Creative Mind

April 14, 2013 at 11:58 am

Dear friend & sis Mariam, Walaikum Assalam,
    no dear I can’t forget my sweet fellows & friends.. I feel great to have readers from many countries..lovely to read your appreciation.I am fine what about you..its so sweet of you that you liked my work & everything here. I wish I can teach in your school. :)
    Have a great day! take care.!

12. Genie

April 14, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Amazing what you can do with pretty paper and ModPodge!

13. anezinis

April 15, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Very good idea! Ilike it!!!

14. ChrissieD

April 15, 2013 at 2:47 pm

That’s really looking great and sorry to hear about you losing the photos, it’s a real pain when that happens, have a great week :)

15. andrea cammarata

April 19, 2013 at 10:36 am

So adorable! Thanks for sharing : ) hugs…

16. Coombemill

April 20, 2013 at 12:17 am

These look so professional

17. Katherines Corner

April 20, 2013 at 12:39 am

That is such a great idea! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Hop xo

18. Camila

April 20, 2013 at 11:40 am

So cool, it looks very cute! Love it!

Hope you can join my Link Party Bewitch Me & Titi on Sunday, I’m so excited about it!!!

Hope you are having a lovely day

Hugs
    Cami @ TitiCrafty blogspot

19. Julie

April 20, 2013 at 7:58 pm

My girls have made bookmarks like this. I like the idea of creating a matching diary as it will encourage them to write.

20. Lula B

April 20, 2013 at 9:29 pm

We have never done decoupage but my 9yr old daughter has just discovered art journalling and I think she would like this – thank you for sharing.

I feel for you about the camera blunder, too. I recently lost a camera memory card containing photos of a wonderful science experiment I had just done with my kids. I found it 3 hours later in mud in the woods, amazingly. But during those 3 hours I was planning a new photoshoot!
    Lucinda (visiting via Highhill Homeschool)

21. Khadija's Creative Mind

April 22, 2013 at 9:04 am

Thanks a bunch everyone for the sweet words & appreciation..I hope you will be trying this easy fun idea..

22. Jessie

April 24, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Love the paper you used :) Thanks so much for sharing with us at Weekend Wonders. Hope you’re enjoying your week so far.

23. Charlotte

September 24, 2013 at 10:05 am

Love this idea! The camera thing sounds like something i would do!

24. Pingback: Junkin Joe's Thrifty Finds, Features and Linky Party ALL WELCOME - The Cottage Market