Twine Reminder-Memory Board DIY

diy-reminder-memory-board-ideas

DIY

Twine Reminder-Memory Board DIY

Memory boards are important element of our living room walls, I made an easy version of a reminder/memory board for my craftroom wall recently, As I were getting some pretty Polaroid prints from one of my affiliates Printl. So they were sending me Polaroid prints monthly from my instagram gallery.

I were thinking how to manage these pretty Polaroid pictures.. So this idea came in my mind one day! You might remember my that article in which I share about a burlap canvas which was my Earrings organizer previously..& before that Accessory hanger, it was a weaving frame during my textile design studies! So I am reusing & upcycling this old frame several times! but I think (I am not sure though) this is the final version of its reusing!

See how it is done finally!

Twine Reminder-Memory Board DIY

diy-reminder-memory-board-ideas

diy-reminder-memory-board

It was a weaving frame but couple years back I cover it with burlap & make it a jewelry hanger. Few days back when I were painting my craftrrom wall, I paint it a little with leftover paints on palette. I decorate it with ribbons & dough flowers & made it a Memory board now!

See How I made this Memory Board, Feel free to PIN IT..

diy-reminder-memory-board-ideas

diy-reminder-memory-board-ideas

1- Gather Supplies. Frame, Ribbons, glue gun, dough flowers, scissors.

2- Measure & Cut the ribbons according to the frame size. keep one inches extra.

3- Weave it with design,

4- Use glue gun to paste the ribbons.

5- Paste a wide ribbon to hide the glue gun & ribbons from sides.

6- Fix some dough flowers at corners.

7- Let it dry! ( and see where is the mistake… I know the symmetry is not well because I fix the ribbons without measuring distance between ribbons)

Here it is the final look. How is it?

diy-reminder-memory-board-ideas

diy-reminder-memory-board-ideas

I put a few of my favorite prints on the memory board. Will shuffle or change with time :)
diy-reminder-memory-board-ideas

polaroid prints organizing ideas

Don’t miss your happiest moments. Let’s make them alive”. whenever I have a look at my memory board, I can see my favorite crafts, photography & locations updates from my instagram gallery! how fun.. :)

diy-reminder-memory-board-ideas

Polaroid prints by printl

Thank You Printl for sending me these beautiful prints all the way from Russia.

polaroid prints organizing ideasI shared the above click at my instagram & it was appreciated a lot :)

instagram accessory for sale

instagram

I made a little logo of instagram with polymer clay. Now I am going to make a pendant with it.. What do you think?

I hope you liked the tutorial. Here is the video for more step by step details. Enjoy!

Have a great day friends :)

P.S Blogversary Giveaway is still open!

Khadija

1. pop champagne

May 5, 2015 at 12:51 pm

I’ve always wanted to make one of these boards! this looks awesome!

2. Michelle L

May 5, 2015 at 1:32 pm

I really like the colors and those cute flower corners! Awesome project, Kiran! And the little camera is adorable – will make such a sweet pendant. Great post!

• Khadija's Creative Mind

May 8, 2015 at 8:50 am

Thanks Mich, so nice of you to appreciate this DIY :)
      This little camera is actually a social media app called Instagram.. You must be there as its the perfect place for art & photography lovers :)

3. pitavola

May 5, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Te ha quedado un memorial magnifico y me gusta la idea de poder ir cambiando la decoración. La idea es fantástica y el resultado final tambien
    Bsos

4. Mesh

May 6, 2015 at 3:20 am

Te ha quedado precioso, y super útil, ya necesito hacerme uno igual :)
    Ten bonito día
    Mesh

5. Ruxana

May 7, 2015 at 4:36 am

loved the color combo..looks really nice and easy to make :)

6. Maryam

May 8, 2015 at 1:03 am

Assalamualakum Khadija,

Mashallah, I love this idea! Inshallah I’ll try to make this on my own. What I really love in the Instagram charm. You should make more charms and sell them you know!

Love, Maryam

• Khadija's Creative Mind

May 8, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Wa Alaikum Assalam Maryam,
      JazakAllah for appreciating my idea & enjoying the tutorial. I am already planning to sell these charms pendants. would you like to have one?
      Have a good day!

7. Jozi W

May 12, 2015 at 11:03 am

Love this idea! And it looks like something do-able as well!!!

8. Diana Rambles

May 14, 2015 at 5:19 pm

Very nice job on this!!

9. monsterscircus

May 20, 2015 at 10:16 pm

Wonderful idea and such gorgeous way to display all those lovely memories! I’m so glad that I’ve made it to your blog this time, tried several times last week without any luck, but YAY here you are:-)
    Have a fantastic day,
    Best,
    Mette

• Khadija's Creative Mind

May 21, 2015 at 8:31 am

Thank you Mette, I am so happy to see your comment again after long time, I know there were issues in my theme which were making hurdles for my readers to comment.. but I am glad the issue resolved finally!
      Keep visiting & commenting dear :)
      Have a great day!

10. Divya

April 28, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Very cool idea to showcase photoprints, great work Kiran