Random Blogging

Making of a Visual Aid for Students

In my previous post I share some pics of a teaching aid which i made during my teaching practice session last week..I will share the making of those models now, these are called visual aids or models but you can also say these boards :) teaching practice models making.

I were having a very busy time but I click a few pics to show you how i made these :)

teaching practice models

teaching practice models making

I take a big sheet of thermoplastic/Styrofoam packing material..then i cut it with the help of soldering iron..want to know how? but i am not having many pics, just a few are available, hopefully you will understand well !!

Making of a Visual Aid for Students

First of all i write all the heading points on a white paper, My topic was “1st Governor General of Pakistan Quaid-e-Azam” i cut the paper into specific required size & paste it on sheet then cut it with soldering iron :)

All pieces are ready for pasting on a full board!!

Making of a Visual Aid for Students

I was using a sticker chart on sheet, but you must not paste the sticker before cutting, first make a rough pattern with newspaper

Making of a Visual Aid for Students

After cutting piece, then paste the sticker sheet..

Making of a Visual Aid for Students

& its the final look :) Our Great Leader & Founder of Pakistan Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah..Such a Gentle Man!

Making of a Visual Aid for Students

I cut all shapes & designs according to my topic choice!

Making of a Visual Aid for Students

The end result of my model board is ready! i cover it with a transparent sheet, now its safe from dust :)

Making of a Visual Aid for Students

My 2nd topic was about Pakistani regional languages, so i share our regional dresses & culture of men on board, I draw these little guys in their regional dresses & color with markers simply..

Making of a Visual Aid for Students

Now the embossed look is in hand :)

Making of a Visual Aid for Students

oops, ignore the messy bedsheets, actually it was too late at night..about 2am..& i was preparing for tomorrow’s presentation!!!

These above images are from my lesson plan registers, my handwriting was getting miserable due to over speeding :) hahaha

What i have received today!!! hmmm..

Do you know about my sweet friend Amy,oh yes the same Amy ofMod Podge Rocks blog, she sent me a pack of Mod Podge Dimensional Magic :) i am happy to receive this MAGIC..very soon i will try this & definitely i will share any tutorial with you :)

Thanks again Amy for sending me this new Mod Podge fun :) i am already enjoying your gifted starter pack & now it will be another cool addition in my crafty lab :)

Stay tuned for more creativity & fun :)
Have a good day!

1. Michelle L.

August 29, 2011 at 4:56 pm

I love this tutorial! Thanks for the idea, looks so easy. And your small costume drawings are great, Khadija, did you draw them freehand? I think you need to branch out to fashion design!

2. Michele Pacey

August 29, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Lovely 3D effect on the visual aid! Creating 3D illusions like that is one of my favourite aspects of crafting.

Can’t wait to see what you’ll make with Amy’s gift, you lucky girl!

3. Sara.H

August 29, 2011 at 6:07 pm

OMG! this must take a lot of effort and time. you are amazing! you make this look very easy but i know how much time and concentration this art requires. You always do things so neat. i love your work for that. <3 thumbs up!

4. pitavola

August 29, 2011 at 6:58 pm

una idea maravillosa!

5. kitty

August 29, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Que gran trabajo, excelente presentación, muy didáctico.
    Serás una gran docente..
    Felicitaciones y saludos desde España .!

August 29, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Michelle:
    thanks dear, i know its not a perfect step by step tutorial but i m happy u have understand& enjoy, Yes i draw these freehand but there was a very small sticker chart in my hand for inspiration!
    Dont you know that i am already a textile designer but i change my field due to further studies, may be after completion of my post graduation i will move to use my textile designing degree :) may be yes!!!

Michele:
    Thanks a bunch, before making these i was thinking that it will be a boring plus tough thing to do but during its making i really enjoy these tiny 3D motives:) lots of fun :)

Sara:
    my dear i was on break just because of these tough study scheduled work!! Its cute but yes time consuming :) or janab in models k marks b to mujy milyn gy exams me :)InshaAllah

kitty:
    thanks for admiring these, i enjoy my presentation with the help of these models :)

Pitavola:
    So sweet of you dear friend :)

7. sahar awan

August 29, 2011 at 8:30 pm

love your work so you are doing B.ED?????

8. Kiran Ashraf

August 29, 2011 at 11:17 pm

looks so cool!!! must have taken a lot of effort n time.bravo:)

9. Miriam

August 29, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Que lindas ideas, creo que la parte visual es muy importante para la enseñanza y para aprender. Seguramente logres tus objetivos. Besos

August 29, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Sahar:
    thanks lovely, I m doing M.A Education which is basically mixture of B.ed plus M.ed :)

Kiran:
    yes honey its hard to play with but it was necessary for my studies so i have to do this !!!

Miriam:
    Thanks dear, teaching aids are very helping for students as well as a teacher, i like this experiment by the way :)

11. CraftCrave

August 30, 2011 at 1:55 am

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [30 Aug 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

12. Lynda @ Uber Savvy Buzzword

August 30, 2011 at 8:44 am

Looks great- hope the lesson is a success

13. dogsmom

August 30, 2011 at 9:53 am

Very nice tutorial. I think I may have to try this. I had not considered cutting with soldering iron. Very clever.

14. rebekah

August 30, 2011 at 10:02 am

What intricate design! You must be a fantastic teacher… well done! Found you via linky party.

August 30, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Maria;
    Thanks dear, its always cool to be featured there :)

Lynda;
    Thanks, really the lesson was good with these helping aids :)

Dogsmom;
    what a name buddy :)hehe
    Try this & i am sure you will enjoy this :)

Rebekah;
    I wish,,hopefully i will be a good teacher in future, so sweet to read your words !!
    Love~

16. Jill

August 30, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Oh you’ve been so busy! Those presentation boards look great! Just looking at your pages of notes makes my head hurt! I’m back with primary school maths now with my daughters at school – and even that’s confusing me as they add and subtract in a different way to when I was at school!!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

17. notyet100

August 31, 2011 at 2:02 am

Happy Eid :)

18. Jill

August 31, 2011 at 2:58 am

Hello again! Thanks for linking to the Creating Success Worldwide blog hop!! Hope you’ll come back again next week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

August 31, 2011 at 6:33 am

Jill:
    oh yes iwas on break from blogging just because of this reason!! Studies are really getting tough these days! Well you are very true so many things have been changed in our syllabous too.. Best wishes and thanks!

Notyet100:
    oh thanks honey! Yes today is our Eid day :) happy Eid to everybody :)

20. Tanya Anurag

September 1, 2011 at 5:58 pm

That is so creative :) would make learning so much fun.

Thanks for linking up at Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner and adding to the fun.

The party for this week is going on… hope to see you there again :)

21. Cheryl @ Sew Can Do

September 2, 2011 at 2:47 pm

Wow your drawings are incredible! The details will make it easy for them to remember. Thanks for linking to Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do:)

22. Sarah

September 3, 2011 at 9:00 am

Its really interesting, i am sure you are doing great!
    Thanks for sharing these with us :)

September 3, 2011 at 9:01 am

Tanya;
    Cheryl;
    Sara;

Thank you so much dear friends, so sweet of you all :)

24. Jami

September 4, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Nice job! Thanks so much for linking up to the Tuesday To Do Party! Can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to this week!
    Smiles!
    Jami

25. Chef in Training

September 6, 2011 at 5:09 am

Wow these are amazing! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki

26. Emily

September 6, 2011 at 10:46 am

Thanks for linking up
    Emily
    domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

September 6, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Jami;
    Nikki;
    Emily;

Thanks friends..so sweet of you all :)

28. Jenn Erickson

September 6, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Such a wonderful teaching aid! Your writing is so beautiful, as are your drawings. I enjoyed learning a little bit about Pakistan as well! Thank you Khadija!

Jenn/Rook No. 17

29. Mod Podge Amy

September 8, 2011 at 8:36 pm

I can’t wait for you to try it – you are going to love it!! And a fun teaching aid you have here. :D

30. Patricia Torres

September 12, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Oh lovely.. this is absolutely stunning!! :-)

September 15, 2011 at 11:04 am

Jenn;
    Thanks for enjoying my blog work & posts about Pakistan! Have Funnn…

Amy;
    My dear i will definitely share some more posts with its Magical ideas :)

Patti;
    Thanks my dear! so sweet of you :)

32. Abdul

May 12, 2013 at 5:55 am

Dear Khatija,
    I love to see more blogs on future to help the small boys and girls.
    May God help you to creat more affective blog work.Thanks,@bdul