DIY Decoupaged Vase

By on September 28th, 2012

Hello Everyone!

Its time to decoupage..yayy..one of my favorite stuff to do with paper..& its always interesting! I am sharing a tutorial after a gap..Life is going busy these days, so you will have to be  more patient with me..hehe.but I really appreciate your emails in which you ask about my absence & for suggestions about my new page! so very sweet of you all..so today I hope you will enjoy my tutorial, which is actually a recycling, As you know I am having a sympathetic heart for broken thingies (not just things, its more sympathetic for broken hearts/people too)

Someone crack this vase at home few days back, but It wasn’t into pieces, there was just a Line not much visible in it..so I grab it from the place & nobody knows! hmm..

Then I Decoupage it ..

How-To..??

You will need ;

A vase(it would be great if cracked)haha

plain & colored paper sheets

scissor

Modpodge/transparent glue

(as modpodge is Not available here in PK, so my Pakistani readers can use movileth german glue for decoupage,its tiny bit similar to mod podge)

First I cut the plain paper sheet into strips & then I cut flowers from the floral sheet.

first paste the abstract cuttings & then flowers,

let it dry and then apply a thin coat of mod podge, you can use sparkle too..but the gloss is also good!

Here is the image before the glossy look..not bad..!!

I made tissue paper flowers for this vase.

Come again for enjoying these flowers making in my next post.. Have a Nice day!

Khadija

32 comments

#1Dr SoniaSeptember 28, 2012, 12:59 pm

So pretty…missed seeing your posts Khadija. Take care

#2Michelle L.September 28, 2012, 2:20 pm

Hi, K! I like the pale blue paper shards here – looks like tile mosaic!

#3noblesseSeptember 28, 2012, 2:32 pm

very beatiful:)))

#4IskricaSeptember 28, 2012, 5:00 pm

Nice look of your “new” vase. Suggestion: I tore the paper edges are not streigh, for modern antique effects. Hugs

#5Stefanie WSeptember 28, 2012, 7:10 pm

Great idea! I will have to try this soon.

#6Donna WilkesSeptember 28, 2012, 10:26 pm

Great way to save a vase – very creative! Don’t you just love Mod Podge!

#7laurieSeptember 29, 2012, 2:26 am

What a darling idea! Such a happy little vase! :)

xoxo laurie

#8youlki22September 29, 2012, 3:17 am

Khadija! first of all my greeting and best wishes to bring your blog to ‘WordPress’. I am happy to see the new look of your blog. As always you are creative and wise with your recycling project. I am inspired by your projects and get ideas. Hope to share my own crafts work with the readers of this blog insha Allah!.

#9AracelySeptember 29, 2012, 7:10 am

This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I’ve shared your site in my social networks!

#10sahar awanSeptember 29, 2012, 4:58 pm

wao…pretty… and flowers are too good khadija

#11hudaSeptember 29, 2012, 8:27 pm

wow pretty awesome

#12LubainaE.September 30, 2012, 3:41 am

I love the colours! :)

#13MiriamOctober 2, 2012, 2:14 am

Que linda propuesta, me encantó la idea para objetos que tengan alguna imperfección. Muy bien explicado. Besos que tengas una linda semana, yo también te estaba extrañando.

#14BarbaraOctober 2, 2012, 5:10 am

Isn’t Mod Podge the best??! This is a great vase! Thanks for joining the party at Keep Calm and Link Up!
Barbara at Chase the Star
chasethestar dot net

#15JoyceOctober 2, 2012, 9:18 pm

I love to decoupage, your vase looks great. Followed you here from the Creative Corner blog hop.

#16KarimaOctober 3, 2012, 6:25 am

You did a brilliant job with that – many things get broken in my house and you never find out who did it!

#17HelenOctober 3, 2012, 8:46 pm

Wow! Very nice work!! Well done! thanks for sharing :-)

#18JillOctober 3, 2012, 9:56 pm

A beautifully pretty vase Khadija!! What a great way to cover up a crack!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

#19Cathy@My1929CharmerOctober 4, 2012, 2:39 am

You really did a good job, and like your decoupaged vase. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

#20MelOctober 5, 2012, 8:43 am

Great job, I can never get decoupage to look nice, so I’m always envious :)

#21andrea cammarataOctober 5, 2012, 10:15 am

Awesome as ALWAYS!!! Hugs and thanks for sharing : )

#22HeidiOctober 5, 2012, 3:55 pm

Beautiful job! Thanks for joining the party I hope to see you back today.

#23Khadija’s Creative MindOctober 7, 2012, 7:15 am

Thanks for enjoying my idea & fun reuse.. Have a great weekend :)

#24Mod Podge AmyOctober 7, 2012, 3:20 pm

Awesome Khadija!!

This is so pretty. It looks like a mosaic – so nice!

#25Create With JoyOctober 7, 2012, 8:31 pm

Great idea! Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy!

#26Katherines CornerOctober 8, 2012, 12:53 pm

beautiful! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Sorry It’s taken me a while to get here and say thank you xo

#27KarouselNovember 22, 2012, 8:00 pm

Perfect for warm weather decor; great childrens project. We have Mod Podge – which also comes in glow in the dark! – I have some I have not yet used it or the regular Mod Podge but- maybe I’ll get brave and try something… glow in the dark flower centers maybe? :D
thanks for the how to!

#28EmilyNovember 30, 2012, 8:45 pm

Great idea! Looks really nice. I might try it!

#29wajeJune 30, 2013, 4:50 pm

from where did you get the modpodge………..you said it was not available in Pakistan

#30Khadija’s Creative MindJuly 1, 2013, 3:03 pm

waje;
I got Mod podge from a friend who is working with Modpodge, you may know her. Amy of Mod Podge rocks? a very famous blogger.
its not yet available in Pakistan.

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Gift Box Design with Stenciling Technique

Gift Box Design with Stenciling Technique(9)

As the Eid festival is coming near, now its time to give and get some gifts from family & friends..Yayy.. My family & friends are always expecting something arty/crafty from me & this is kind of a hard Task always! Well I handle anyway..haha. Gift Packing and gift box designing is a really important thing

Recent Craft Fail

Recent Craft Fail(12)

A crafty life is filled with some loads of FUN & excitements about making stuff.. We crafters are meeting many arty experiments everyday & we enjoy facing these! isn’t it fun to be a crafter, I enjoy while making, creating, sharing and doing experiments with so many arty things, sometimes the experiment is a hit

Mod Podge Gifts From USA

Mod Podge Gifts From USA(8)

Hello Everyone! Holy month of Ramadan is going great here Alhamdulillah, although weather is going hot day by day! but having many blessings too with loads of happiness & goodness Ma’shaAllah. I hope my Muslim readers all over the world are also having a blessed and happy month of holy Ramadan! My today’s post is

GlassPaint Jar Vase/Organizer Tutorial

GlassPaint Jar Vase/Organizer Tutorial(11)

I enjoy recycling & reusing stuff more than creating something with any new material, Reusing & restyling oldie things are just fun! And the interesting thing about it, you don’t need to worry if the result is not so perfect.. as its recycling! So I always recommend to reuse, recycle & restyle small old thingies,

Monogram Wall Art Tutorial

Monogram Wall Art Tutorial(20)

Today I will be sharing the making of my name KK monogram wall art, You may have guess who is KK..? Yep its the same girl who is typing this blog post super quickly right now.. haha.. I am REALLY late in posting this art as I have made it couple months back. Well today

Sponsors & Affiliates

Sponsors

SwitchAds

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks