DIY Decoupaged Vase

By on September 28th, 2012

Hello Everyone!

Its time to decoupage..yayy..one of my favorite stuff to do with paper..& its always interesting! I am sharing a tutorial after a gap..Life is going busy these days, so you will have to be  more patient with me..hehe.but I really appreciate your emails in which you ask about my absence & for suggestions about my new page! so very sweet of you all..so today I hope you will enjoy my tutorial, which is actually a recycling, As you know I am having a sympathetic heart for broken thingies (not just things, its more sympathetic for broken hearts/people too)

Someone crack this vase at home few days back, but It wasn’t into pieces, there was just a Line not much visible in it..so I grab it from the place & nobody knows! hmm..

Then I Decoupage it ..

How-To..??

You will need ;

A vase(it would be great if cracked)haha

plain & colored paper sheets

scissor

Modpodge/transparent glue

(as modpodge is Not available here in PK, so my Pakistani readers can use movileth german glue for decoupage,its tiny bit similar to mod podge)

First I cut the plain paper sheet into strips & then I cut flowers from the floral sheet.

first paste the abstract cuttings & then flowers,

let it dry and then apply a thin coat of mod podge, you can use sparkle too..but the gloss is also good!

Here is the image before the glossy look..not bad..!!

I made tissue paper flowers for this vase.

Come again for enjoying these flowers making in my next post.. Have a Nice day!

Khadija

32 comments

#1Dr SoniaSeptember 28, 2012, 12:59 pm

So pretty…missed seeing your posts Khadija. Take care

#2Michelle L.September 28, 2012, 2:20 pm

Hi, K! I like the pale blue paper shards here – looks like tile mosaic!

#3noblesseSeptember 28, 2012, 2:32 pm

very beatiful:)))

#4IskricaSeptember 28, 2012, 5:00 pm

Nice look of your “new” vase. Suggestion: I tore the paper edges are not streigh, for modern antique effects. Hugs

#5Stefanie WSeptember 28, 2012, 7:10 pm

Great idea! I will have to try this soon.

#6Donna WilkesSeptember 28, 2012, 10:26 pm

Great way to save a vase – very creative! Don’t you just love Mod Podge!

#7laurieSeptember 29, 2012, 2:26 am

What a darling idea! Such a happy little vase! :)

xoxo laurie

#8youlki22September 29, 2012, 3:17 am

Khadija! first of all my greeting and best wishes to bring your blog to ‘WordPress’. I am happy to see the new look of your blog. As always you are creative and wise with your recycling project. I am inspired by your projects and get ideas. Hope to share my own crafts work with the readers of this blog insha Allah!.

#9AracelySeptember 29, 2012, 7:10 am

This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I’ve shared your site in my social networks!

#10sahar awanSeptember 29, 2012, 4:58 pm

wao…pretty… and flowers are too good khadija

#11hudaSeptember 29, 2012, 8:27 pm

wow pretty awesome

#12LubainaE.September 30, 2012, 3:41 am

I love the colours! :)

#13MiriamOctober 2, 2012, 2:14 am

Que linda propuesta, me encantó la idea para objetos que tengan alguna imperfección. Muy bien explicado. Besos que tengas una linda semana, yo también te estaba extrañando.

#14BarbaraOctober 2, 2012, 5:10 am

Isn’t Mod Podge the best??! This is a great vase! Thanks for joining the party at Keep Calm and Link Up!
Barbara at Chase the Star
chasethestar dot net

#15JoyceOctober 2, 2012, 9:18 pm

I love to decoupage, your vase looks great. Followed you here from the Creative Corner blog hop.

#16KarimaOctober 3, 2012, 6:25 am

You did a brilliant job with that – many things get broken in my house and you never find out who did it!

#17HelenOctober 3, 2012, 8:46 pm

Wow! Very nice work!! Well done! thanks for sharing :-)

#18JillOctober 3, 2012, 9:56 pm

A beautifully pretty vase Khadija!! What a great way to cover up a crack!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a fabulous week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

#19Cathy@My1929CharmerOctober 4, 2012, 2:39 am

You really did a good job, and like your decoupaged vase. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

#20MelOctober 5, 2012, 8:43 am

Great job, I can never get decoupage to look nice, so I’m always envious :)

#21andrea cammarataOctober 5, 2012, 10:15 am

Awesome as ALWAYS!!! Hugs and thanks for sharing : )

#22HeidiOctober 5, 2012, 3:55 pm

Beautiful job! Thanks for joining the party I hope to see you back today.

#23Khadija’s Creative MindOctober 7, 2012, 7:15 am

Thanks for enjoying my idea & fun reuse.. Have a great weekend :)

#24Mod Podge AmyOctober 7, 2012, 3:20 pm

Awesome Khadija!!

This is so pretty. It looks like a mosaic – so nice!

#25Create With JoyOctober 7, 2012, 8:31 pm

Great idea! Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy!

#26Katherines CornerOctober 8, 2012, 12:53 pm

beautiful! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Sorry It’s taken me a while to get here and say thank you xo

#27KarouselNovember 22, 2012, 8:00 pm

Perfect for warm weather decor; great childrens project. We have Mod Podge – which also comes in glow in the dark! – I have some I have not yet used it or the regular Mod Podge but- maybe I’ll get brave and try something… glow in the dark flower centers maybe? :D
thanks for the how to!

#28EmilyNovember 30, 2012, 8:45 pm

Great idea! Looks really nice. I might try it!

#29wajeJune 30, 2013, 4:50 pm

from where did you get the modpodge………..you said it was not available in Pakistan

#30Khadija’s Creative MindJuly 1, 2013, 3:03 pm

waje;
I got Mod podge from a friend who is working with Modpodge, you may know her. Amy of Mod Podge rocks? a very famous blogger.
its not yet available in Pakistan.

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Rhinestones Fixing with Mod Podge DM

Rhinestones Fixing with Mod Podge DM(35)

I like collecting  jewelry & accessories a lot, I wear these rarely but like to collect beautiful accessories all the time,  specially at Eid festivals and family functions, among my most favorite jewelry & accessories a Ring or a bracelet is on top. I don’t like gold accessories much, although I have many gold rings

Eid Mubarak-Collage Clay Card Making

Eid Mubarak-Collage Clay Card Making(20)

Eid Mubarak Everyone! Eid al Baqar is here finally! I bought some Eid Cards & gifts for my friends & family but most of the things were not handmade! formal kind of gifts because I were too busy with some of my other business projects & Eid day just arrived! So finally I made a

Halloween Pumpkin with Henna

Halloween Pumpkin with Henna(47)

These days I can see many fun posts related Fall, Halloween & Pumpkins decore, I enjoy seeing the fun ideas. Every year I also design something with fall theme & its fun to share. Today I am going to share a henna tattoo designed pumpkin as a Halloween or fall project for my readers all

Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY

Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY(55)

My love for vintage stuff is never ending, I collect antiques whenever I get a chance, like international coins & currency, mail stamps and some other random things like this. I design my business planner/dairy cover while keeping the vintage theme in my mind. So here today I am going to share a planner cover

Eid Day Mehndi Designs

Eid Day Mehndi Designs(40)

Girls are always enjoying Henna/Mehndi designs at Eid day, I also like it even its not the Eid day around. But seriously I am not a good henna designer, specially as compared to my dear sister-in-law designs, she is too good in applying mehndi, While checking the phone gallery yesterday, I notice there were some

Sponsors & Affiliates

Sponsors

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks