DIY Decoupaged Vase

DIY Decoupaged Vase

Hello Everyone!

Its time to decoupage..yayy..one of my favorite stuff to do with paper..& its always interesting! I am sharing a tutorial after a gap..Life is going busy these days, so you will have to be  more patient with me..hehe.but I really appreciate your emails in which you ask about my absence & for suggestions about my new page! so very sweet of you all..so today I hope you will enjoy my tutorial, which is actually a recycling, As you know I am having a sympathetic heart for broken thingies (not just things, its more sympathetic for broken hearts/people too)

Someone crack this vase at home few days back, but It wasn’t into pieces, there was just a Line not much visible in it..so I grab it from the place & nobody knows! hmm..

Then I Decoupage it ..

How-To..??

You will need ;

A vase(it would be great if cracked)haha

plain & colored paper sheets

scissor

Modpodge/transparent glue

(as modpodge is Not available here in PK, so my Pakistani readers can use movileth german glue for decoupage,its tiny bit similar to mod podge)

First I cut the plain paper sheet into strips & then I cut flowers from the floral sheet.

first paste the abstract cuttings & then flowers,

let it dry and then apply a thin coat of mod podge, you can use sparkle too..but the gloss is also good!

Here is the image before the glossy look..not bad..!!

I made tissue paper flowers for this vase.

Come again for enjoying these flowers making in my next post.. Have a Nice day!

Khadija

I am Khadija Kiran, A girl blogger & Art student, I love sharing my easy DIY & craft ideas. I blog about handmade crafts & things.

1. Dr Sonia  /  September 28, 2012, 12:59 pm Reply

So pretty…missed seeing your posts Khadija. Take care

2. Michelle L.  /  September 28, 2012, 2:20 pm Reply

Hi, K! I like the pale blue paper shards here – looks like tile mosaic!

3. noblesse  /  September 28, 2012, 2:32 pm Reply

very beatiful:)))

4. Iskrica  /  September 28, 2012, 5:00 pm Reply

Nice look of your “new” vase. Suggestion: I tore the paper edges are not streigh, for modern antique effects. Hugs

5. Stefanie W  /  September 28, 2012, 7:10 pm Reply

Great idea! I will have to try this soon.

6. Donna Wilkes  /  September 28, 2012, 10:26 pm Reply

Great way to save a vase – very creative! Don’t you just love Mod Podge!

7. laurie  /  September 29, 2012, 2:26 am Reply

What a darling idea! Such a happy little vase! :)

xoxo laurie

8. youlki22  /  September 29, 2012, 3:17 am Reply

Khadija! first of all my greeting and best wishes to bring your blog to ‘WordPress’. I am happy to see the new look of your blog. As always you are creative and wise with your recycling project. I am inspired by your projects and get ideas. Hope to share my own crafts work with the readers of this blog insha Allah!.

9. Aracely  /  September 29, 2012, 7:10 am Reply

This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I’ve shared your site in my social networks!

10. sahar awan  /  September 29, 2012, 4:58 pm Reply

wao…pretty… and flowers are too good khadija

11. huda  /  September 29, 2012, 8:27 pm Reply

wow pretty awesome

12. LubainaE.  /  September 30, 2012, 3:41 am Reply

I love the colours! :)

13. Miriam  /  October 2, 2012, 2:14 am Reply

Que linda propuesta, me encantó la idea para objetos que tengan alguna imperfección. Muy bien explicado. Besos que tengas una linda semana, yo también te estaba extrañando.

14. Barbara  /  October 2, 2012, 5:10 am Reply

Isn’t Mod Podge the best??! This is a great vase! Thanks for joining the party at Keep Calm and Link Up!
    Barbara at Chase the Star
    chasethestar dot net

15. Joyce  /  October 2, 2012, 9:18 pm Reply

I love to decoupage, your vase looks great. Followed you here from the Creative Corner blog hop.

16. Karima  /  October 3, 2012, 6:25 am Reply

You did a brilliant job with that – many things get broken in my house and you never find out who did it!

17. Helen  /  October 3, 2012, 8:46 pm Reply

Wow! Very nice work!! Well done! thanks for sharing :-)

18. Jill  /  October 3, 2012, 9:56 pm Reply

A beautifully pretty vase Khadija!! What a great way to cover up a crack!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

19. Cathy@My1929Charmer  /  October 4, 2012, 2:39 am Reply

You really did a good job, and like your decoupaged vase. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

20. Mel  /  October 5, 2012, 8:43 am Reply

Great job, I can never get decoupage to look nice, so I’m always envious :)

21. andrea cammarata  /  October 5, 2012, 10:15 am Reply

Awesome as ALWAYS!!! Hugs and thanks for sharing : )

22. Heidi  /  October 5, 2012, 3:55 pm Reply

Beautiful job! Thanks for joining the party I hope to see you back today.

23. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  October 7, 2012, 7:15 am Reply

Thanks for enjoying my idea & fun reuse.. Have a great weekend :)

24. Mod Podge Amy  /  October 7, 2012, 3:20 pm Reply

Awesome Khadija!!

This is so pretty. It looks like a mosaic – so nice!

25. Create With Joy  /  October 7, 2012, 8:31 pm Reply

Great idea! Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy!

26. Katherines Corner  /  October 8, 2012, 12:53 pm Reply

beautiful! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Sorry It’s taken me a while to get here and say thank you xo

27. Make Egg Carton Flowers-Recycling  /  November 12, 2012, 7:11 am Reply

[...] area for collecting these kind of things, like any crockery thing like cracked mug/broken mug, chipped vase ,Plate, plastic spoons or any tin can , sweets box , soft drink bottles , any glass or tray etc. [...]

28. Karousel  /  November 22, 2012, 8:00 pm Reply

Perfect for warm weather decor; great childrens project. We have Mod Podge – which also comes in glow in the dark! – I have some I have not yet used it or the regular Mod Podge but- maybe I’ll get brave and try something… glow in the dark flower centers maybe? :D
    thanks for the how to!

29. Emily  /  November 30, 2012, 8:45 pm Reply

Great idea! Looks really nice. I might try it!

30. Diy: vazoya dekupaj - Anlatımlı Modeller  /  January 21, 2013, 2:55 am Reply

[...] Çatlayan bir vazomu atmaya kıyamadım ve üstüne dekupaj yaptım. Kırıldığını anlamak mümkün mü sizce? Blogum. [...]

31. waje  /  June 30, 2013, 4:50 pm Reply

from where did you get the modpodge………..you said it was not available in Pakistan

32. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  July 1, 2013, 3:03 pm Reply

waje;
    I got Mod podge from a friend who is working with Modpodge, you may know her. Amy of Mod Podge rocks? a very famous blogger.
    its not yet available in Pakistan.