DIY Decoupaged Vase

DIY Decoupaged Vase

Hello Everyone!

Its time to decoupage..yayy..one of my favorite stuff to do with paper..& its always interesting! I am sharing a tutorial after a few days gap..Life is going busy these days, so you will have to be  more patient with me..hehe.but I really appreciate your emails in which you ask about my absence & for suggestions about my new page! so very sweet of you all.. today I hope you will enjoy my tutorial, which is actually a recycling..

Someone cracked this vase at home few days back, but It wasn’t into pieces, there was just a crack Line not much visible in it..so I grab it from the place & nobody knows! hmm..

Then I Decoupage it ..

DIY Decoupaged Vase

DIY Decoupaged Vase

DIY Decoupaged Vase

How-To..??

You will need ;

A vase(it would be great if cracked)haha

plain & colored paper sheets

scissor

Modpodge/transparent glue

(as modpodge is Not available here in PK, so my Pakistani readers can use movileth german glue for decoupage,its tiny bit similar to mod podge)

DIY Decoupaged Vase

DIY Decoupaged Vase

First I cut the plain paper sheet into strips & then I cut flowers from the floral sheet.

first paste the abstract cuttings & then flowers,

let it dry and then apply a thin coat of mod podge, you can use sparkle too..but the gloss is also good!

DIY Decoupaged Vase

DIY Decoupaged Vase

Here is the image before the glossy look..not bad..!!

DIY Decoupaged Vase

DIY Decoupaged Vase

I made tissue paper flowers for this vase.

Come again for enjoying these flowers making in my next post.. Have a Nice day!

Khadija

I am Khadija Kiran, A girl blogger & Art student, Its my 5th year going on wonderfully in the world of blogging. I love writing & sharing about my easy DIY Tutorials, Crafts. Fashion, Food & Lifestyle. My creative passion turned into profession now! I am selling my handmade crafts.

1. Dr Sonia  /  September 28, 2012, 12:59 pm Reply

So pretty…missed seeing your posts Khadija. Take care

2. Michelle L.  /  September 28, 2012, 2:20 pm Reply

Hi, K! I like the pale blue paper shards here – looks like tile mosaic!

3. noblesse  /  September 28, 2012, 2:32 pm Reply

very beatiful:)))

4. Iskrica  /  September 28, 2012, 5:00 pm Reply

Nice look of your “new” vase. Suggestion: I tore the paper edges are not streigh, for modern antique effects. Hugs

5. Stefanie W  /  September 28, 2012, 7:10 pm Reply

Great idea! I will have to try this soon.

6. Donna Wilkes  /  September 28, 2012, 10:26 pm Reply

Great way to save a vase – very creative! Don’t you just love Mod Podge!

7. laurie  /  September 29, 2012, 2:26 am Reply

What a darling idea! Such a happy little vase! :)

xoxo laurie

8. youlki22  /  September 29, 2012, 3:17 am Reply

Khadija! first of all my greeting and best wishes to bring your blog to ‘WordPress’. I am happy to see the new look of your blog. As always you are creative and wise with your recycling project. I am inspired by your projects and get ideas. Hope to share my own crafts work with the readers of this blog insha Allah!.

9. Aracely  /  September 29, 2012, 7:10 am Reply

This is very interesting, You are a very skilled blogger. I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post. Also, I’ve shared your site in my social networks!

10. sahar awan  /  September 29, 2012, 4:58 pm Reply

wao…pretty… and flowers are too good khadija

11. huda  /  September 29, 2012, 8:27 pm Reply

wow pretty awesome

12. LubainaE.  /  September 30, 2012, 3:41 am Reply

I love the colours! :)

13. Miriam  /  October 2, 2012, 2:14 am Reply

Que linda propuesta, me encantó la idea para objetos que tengan alguna imperfección. Muy bien explicado. Besos que tengas una linda semana, yo también te estaba extrañando.

14. Barbara  /  October 2, 2012, 5:10 am Reply

Isn’t Mod Podge the best??! This is a great vase! Thanks for joining the party at Keep Calm and Link Up!
    Barbara at Chase the Star
    chasethestar dot net

15. Joyce  /  October 2, 2012, 9:18 pm Reply

I love to decoupage, your vase looks great. Followed you here from the Creative Corner blog hop.

16. Karima  /  October 3, 2012, 6:25 am Reply

You did a brilliant job with that – many things get broken in my house and you never find out who did it!

17. Helen  /  October 3, 2012, 8:46 pm Reply

Wow! Very nice work!! Well done! thanks for sharing :-)

18. Jill  /  October 3, 2012, 9:56 pm Reply

A beautifully pretty vase Khadija!! What a great way to cover up a crack!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

19. Cathy@My1929Charmer  /  October 4, 2012, 2:39 am Reply

You really did a good job, and like your decoupaged vase. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

20. Mel  /  October 5, 2012, 8:43 am Reply

Great job, I can never get decoupage to look nice, so I’m always envious :)

21. andrea cammarata  /  October 5, 2012, 10:15 am Reply

Awesome as ALWAYS!!! Hugs and thanks for sharing : )

22. Heidi  /  October 5, 2012, 3:55 pm Reply

Beautiful job! Thanks for joining the party I hope to see you back today.

23. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  October 7, 2012, 7:15 am Reply

Thanks for enjoying my idea & fun reuse.. Have a great weekend :)

24. Mod Podge Amy  /  October 7, 2012, 3:20 pm Reply

Awesome Khadija!!

This is so pretty. It looks like a mosaic – so nice!

25. Create With Joy  /  October 7, 2012, 8:31 pm Reply

Great idea! Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Monday at Create With Joy!

26. Katherines Corner  /  October 8, 2012, 12:53 pm Reply

beautiful! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. Sorry It’s taken me a while to get here and say thank you xo

27. Make Egg Carton Flowers-Recycling  /  November 12, 2012, 7:11 am Reply

[…] area for collecting these kind of things, like any crockery thing like cracked mug/broken mug, chipped vase ,Plate, plastic spoons or any tin can , sweets box , soft drink bottles , any glass or tray etc. […]

28. Karousel  /  November 22, 2012, 8:00 pm Reply

Perfect for warm weather decor; great childrens project. We have Mod Podge – which also comes in glow in the dark! – I have some I have not yet used it or the regular Mod Podge but- maybe I’ll get brave and try something… glow in the dark flower centers maybe? :D
    thanks for the how to!

29. Emily  /  November 30, 2012, 8:45 pm Reply

Great idea! Looks really nice. I might try it!

30. Diy: vazoya dekupaj - Anlatımlı Modeller  /  January 21, 2013, 2:55 am Reply

[…] Çatlayan bir vazomu atmaya kıyamadım ve üstüne dekupaj yaptım. Kırıldığını anlamak mümkün mü sizce? Blogum. […]

31. waje  /  June 30, 2013, 4:50 pm Reply

from where did you get the modpodge………..you said it was not available in Pakistan

32. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  July 1, 2013, 3:03 pm Reply

waje;
    I got Mod podge from a friend who is working with Modpodge, you may know her. Amy of Mod Podge rocks? a very famous blogger.
    its not yet available in Pakistan.