Clay Keyring Tutorial

By on February 20th, 2013

Suspense is going over today! I am sharing  the tutorial of that sneak peek image about which I’ve shared before in my last post..So Have a look and let me know if  it is a cool reuse of any broken stuff..?

keyring making

KeyRing with clay/dough & some bling..actually I use some broken pieces & made something New.. after all some break ups are always good? agree..? let’s see how..,

20130213-215325.jpg

Here it is my metal hair catcher which I broke suddenly while playing with it…hehe but really! but I was not in a mood to throw away these little pieces of butterfly.. so I saved this & after a couple days I create something interesting..in fact useful from something useless.. Have a look at its Tutorial now!

mod podge crafts

You will need to have a piece of polymerClay/Dough, Modpodge extreme glitter & sparkle.a brush.. & the most important thing some bling stuff like rhinestones etc. (or you can follow my act of  breaking a beautiful accessory by chance..hehe)

clay keyring making

First I cut a dough piece(tutorial of  homemade dough..I use the same dough which I have made about two months back) & then place it over a non sticky surface.(make it no sticky by using vaseline) then press it a little & make a hole for passing any loop/jump ring through it. Then apply the modpodge sparkle over it & fix the metal pieces over the dough. & press with your thumb..be careful about the rectangular shape to not to be disturbed.

Clay keyring tutorial

Then again apply a coat of modpodge sparkle over the whole piece. and let it dry for about 10 hours. after getting dry, it will look a little dark in color.and more shiny too..

keyring making tutorial

The next day I saw the dough piece was totally dry & shiny too..and ready to work on now.. If you would like you can enjoy this as a necklace too.. but as I am not much interested in wearing necklaces(although I have shared the making of many necklaces at my page), so I am making this as a keyring/key-chain..

clay keychain making tutorial

And I just fix the jump ring into the hole & made it a keyring..

keychain tutorial

its not too big in its size..

Beautiful Clay Keyring Tutorial

Here is a fun fact..I dont have any keys in use..really! I never have locked my room/closet/cupboards..I only did once my craft room during the wedding events of my brothers when there were many kids all around & were curious about my craft area..hehe..so I did that time only.well yesterday when I was going to take pictures for this keyring, I was searching keys..but later I ask my mother & she gave me these keys of any drawer..hehe..

Have a Wonderful day!

38 comments

#1MonsterscircusFebruary 20, 2013, 11:12 am

Great tutorial, and again a personal result! Love both gems and clay! THank you so much for sharing Khadija! Have a great day,

#2aisha asifFebruary 20, 2013, 11:57 am

wow excellent and amazing creativity of yours :)

#3DivyaFebruary 20, 2013, 1:53 pm

Haa…you seem to be like me..I hate locking things up and my mom always scolds me for it

#4maiteFebruary 20, 2013, 2:19 pm

Eso si que es darle una nueva vida, te ha quedado precioso.
Bss.

#5PaulaFebruary 20, 2013, 5:01 pm

very pretty, what a neat idea, thanks for the tutorial !!!!

#6kittyFebruary 20, 2013, 5:48 pm

Como siempre dandonos ejemplos de trabajos muy bonitos.
Felicitaciones amiga.!

#7ChotuFebruary 20, 2013, 10:22 pm

Wow . Good job khadija and thank you for sharing. Have a nice day!! (:

#8youlki22February 21, 2013, 4:22 am

I can imagine that people around you would be sharing their precious but broken jewellery or related stuff with you. Because you are the person to transform that stuff into ‘crafts in a very creative manner.
Thanks for sharing your awesome ideas and making this world a more beautiful place by recycling.

#9Khadija’s Creative MindFebruary 21, 2013, 12:45 pm

Thank you sooooo much my super sweet friends.. my pleasure to read this appreciation :)

#10Diana RamblesFebruary 21, 2013, 1:58 pm

Super cute!

#11Lori @ Encourage Your SpouseFebruary 21, 2013, 2:42 pm

How exciting! I love to see old made new again. Thanks for sharing the tutorial – reading and seeing the pictures made it come to life! My mom has so much old jewelry – you’ve given me some inspiration for mother’s day!

#12LaVoiceFebruary 21, 2013, 3:50 pm

Marvelous job on taking something broken and turning it into a work of art.

#13RebeccaFebruary 21, 2013, 6:13 pm

This is so cute! I love how you have added the embellishments to the clay to make a unique key chain! Thanks for sharing!

#14Gülsüm Güven TuncerFebruary 21, 2013, 8:35 pm

Superrrr. İt”s very nice and easy project.

#15Khadija’s Creative MindFebruary 22, 2013, 10:10 am

Thanks a LOT for admiring my work & tutorial :)

#16Priyanka RastogiFebruary 22, 2013, 10:55 am

very nice tutorial ….love this keyring…:)

#17RoseyFebruary 22, 2013, 2:37 pm

What a great way to not have to throw away things you like that have broken!

I’m visiting today from Thursday’s Favorite Things.

#18ChristinaFebruary 23, 2013, 3:39 am

I love this, such a cute idea. I will have to come back to browse around. Neat!! Came from Delicately Constructed Friday Bloghop. Following you on Social Media.

#19Khadija’s Creative MindFebruary 23, 2013, 10:08 am

Thanks, Reuse is always interesting :)

#20YonaFebruary 23, 2013, 8:01 pm

Oh wow – this is really nice. Gotta Pin for later. Your final outcome is really pretty and eye-catching. This also looks pretty easy to do.

I’m stopping by to say ‘hi’ from Katherine’s Favorite Things Thursday – better late than never.

#21Ambreen (Simply Sweet ‘n Savory)February 25, 2013, 12:25 pm

Wow dear! Such a creative way to use broken hair clutcher, attractive key ring!

#22Julie BagamaryFebruary 26, 2013, 7:21 pm

impressive!

#23Hani ShabbirFebruary 27, 2013, 5:17 pm

Thats a very good use for old jewelry.. Nice idea!

#24JulieFebruary 27, 2013, 8:04 pm

Wow! Those are awesome. It’s amazing that they are made with broken items.

#25Mrs. Sarah CollerFebruary 27, 2013, 9:47 pm

This is an adorable and super great idea…I’m impressed! Thanks for linking up this past week. I’ll have the new party up later this afternoon and would love to have you back!

Have a happy day,
Mrs. Sarah Coller

#26saraFebruary 28, 2013, 9:15 pm

great job, and love the clean new look of your blog, almost didn’t recognize it! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

#27Khadija’s Creative MindMarch 1, 2013, 9:19 am

Thank you everyone! I am glad you liked it :)

#28Mixed KreationsMarch 2, 2013, 5:02 pm

Cute idea, very pretty, and unique. Great way to recycle broke pieces. Thanks for sharing your tutorial.

#29NancyMarch 2, 2013, 9:53 pm

You have such an eye for the beautiful. I love this..Thanks for bringing this to the Oldie’s party! Hope to see you back there next week.

#30BeColorfulMarch 3, 2013, 8:38 pm

You are always so creative. Thanks for sharing.
p

#31Patricia TorresMarch 4, 2013, 4:29 am

Totally shocked.. and in awe… You’ve made it look so pretty!! wow!

#32DilaMay 26, 2013, 9:45 pm

É uma peça muito bonita.
Colorida e muito original.
Boa semana!

#33SpyridoulaJuly 25, 2013, 1:37 pm

Very beautifull keyring!!! I love all the details on it!!! Thank you for the tutorial!!! Have a lovely evening!!!

#34MERCEDESJanuary 10, 2014, 7:39 pm

HOLA KHADIJA !!!!! QUE BIEN TE TE VEO DE NUEVO POR AQUI…. ME HE QUEDADO SORPRENDIDA, POR ESTE TRABAJO TAN ESTUPENDO !!!!! Y TAN BIEN EXPLICADO…. ME ALEGRO DE SALUDARTE, Y APROVECHO PARA DESEARTE UN BUEN Y FELIZ AÑO. MUCHOS BESOS.

#35NatashaFebruary 9, 2014, 8:28 pm

Love this keyring!!

Thanks for linking up to February’s Share The Love Blog Hop

Natasha @ Serenity You

#36Oum OukkâchaFebruary 10, 2014, 7:31 am

salam arleykoum
is great idea and i love th style arabic
think you hbiba
kiss frome france ♥♥♥♥♥♥
Oum Oukkâcha

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Truck Art Inspired Drawings

Truck Art Inspired Drawings(8)

I love working on my freehand Drawings, Paintings, Sketching ..Its fun to make drawings & doodling with color markers, playing with vibrant & bright colors on a sketchbook sheet is simply nice! I enjoy making truck art inspired drawings also, In past years I were making loads of paintings, working with brushes & water based

DIY Independence Day Pendant

DIY Independence Day Pendant(9)

Month of August is very special for us Pakistanis, because it’s the month of independence, 14th August 1947 was the day when we got freedom. Too much struggle, efforts, difficult situations around but the whole Nation is working hard with unity for the peace and prosperity of our dear country.. So Happy 67 years my

Ribbon Flower Headbands #ForSale

Ribbon Flower Headbands #ForSale(12)

I sell my handmade creations on & off & its fun to create for others..I create for my family & friends a lot but I specially enjoy getting online feed back of my readers/followers this way! Mostly I sell abroad and sometime in Pakistan too, I enjoy doing everything arty crafty & creative! So here

Gift Packing Idea with Washi Tape

Gift Packing Idea with Washi Tape(19)

Holy month of Ramadan is passing quickly.. Its hard to believe that its ending in a few days now! Very quick..Well my Ramadan days were going great & I had great time Alhamdulillah. Now Eid is around the corner.. Yeah..the Eid festival is like a gift to us after fasting for the whole month. Now

Gift Box Design with Stenciling Technique

Gift Box Design with Stenciling Technique(21)

As the Eid festival is coming near, now its time to give and get some gifts from family & friends..Yayy.. My family & friends are always expecting something arty/crafty from me & this is kind of a hard Task always! Well I handle anyway..haha. Gift Packing and gift box designing is a really important thing

Sponsors & Affiliates

Sponsors

SwitchAds

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks