Clay Keyring Tutorial

Clay Keyring Tutorial

Suspense is going over today! I am sharing  the tutorial of that sneak peek image about which I’ve shared before in my last post..So Have a look and let me know if  it is a cool reuse of any broken stuff..?

Clay Keyring Tutorial

keyring making

Clay Keyring Tutorial

KeyRing with clay/dough & some bling..actually I use some broken pieces & made something New.. after all some break ups are always good? agree..? let’s see how..,

Clay Keyring Tutorial

Clay Keyring Tutorial

Here it is my metal hair catcher which I broke suddenly while playing with it…hehe but really! but I was not in a mood to throw away these little pieces of butterfly.. so I saved this & after a couple days I create something interesting..in fact useful from something useless.. Have a look at its Tutorial now!

mod podge crafts

Clay Keyring Tutorial

You will need to have a piece of polymerClay/Dough, Modpodge extreme glitter & sparkle.a brush.. & the most important thing some bling stuff like rhinestones etc. (or you can follow my act of  breaking a beautiful accessory by chance..hehe)

clay keyring making

Clay Keyring Tutorial

First I cut a dough piece(tutorial of  homemade dough..I use the same dough which I have made about two months back) & then place it over a non sticky surface.(make it no sticky by using vaseline) then press it a little & make a hole for passing any loop/jump ring through it. Then apply the modpodge sparkle over it & fix the metal pieces over the dough. & press with your thumb..be careful about the rectangular shape to not to be disturbed.

Clay keyring tutorial

Then again apply a coat of modpodge sparkle over the whole piece. and let it dry for about 10 hours. after getting dry, it will look a little dark in color.and more shiny too..

keyring making tutorial

Clay Keyring Tutorial

The next day I saw the dough piece was totally dry & shiny too..and ready to work on now.. If you would like you can enjoy this as a necklace too.. but as I am not much interested in wearing necklaces(although I have shared the making of many necklaces at my page), so I am making this as a keyring/key-chain..

clay keychain making tutorial

And I just fix the jump ring into the hole & made it a keyring..

keychain tutorial

Clay Keyring Tutorial

its not too big in its size..

Beautiful Clay Keyring Tutorial

Here is a fun fact..I dont have any keys in use..really! I never have locked my room/closet/cupboards..I only did once my craft room during the wedding events of my brothers when there were many kids all around & were curious about my craft area..hehe..so I did that time only.well yesterday when I was going to take pictures for this keyring, I was searching keys..but later I ask my mother & she gave me these new keys of any drawer..hehe..

Have a Wonderful day!

I am Khadija Kiran, A girl blogger & Art student, Its my 5th year going on wonderfully in the world of blogging. I love writing & sharing about my easy DIY Tutorials, Crafts. Fashion, Food & Lifestyle. My creative passion turned into profession now! I am selling my handmade crafts.

1. Monsterscircus  /  February 20, 2013, 11:12 am Reply

Great tutorial, and again a personal result! Love both gems and clay! THank you so much for sharing Khadija! Have a great day,

2. aisha asif  /  February 20, 2013, 11:57 am Reply

wow excellent and amazing creativity of yours :)

3. Divya  /  February 20, 2013, 1:53 pm Reply

Haa…you seem to be like me..I hate locking things up and my mom always scolds me for it

4. maite  /  February 20, 2013, 2:19 pm Reply

Eso si que es darle una nueva vida, te ha quedado precioso.
    Bss.

5. Paula  /  February 20, 2013, 5:01 pm Reply

very pretty, what a neat idea, thanks for the tutorial !!!!

6. kitty  /  February 20, 2013, 5:48 pm Reply

Como siempre dandonos ejemplos de trabajos muy bonitos.
    Felicitaciones amiga.!

7. Chotu  /  February 20, 2013, 10:22 pm Reply

Wow . Good job khadija and thank you for sharing. Have a nice day!! (:

8. CraftCrave | Blog | Free Handcraft Items or Tutorials (large): Thursday, 21 Feb 2013  /  February 20, 2013, 10:46 pm Reply

[…] Clay Keyring Tutorial – 1 freebie(s)? […]

9. youlki22  /  February 21, 2013, 4:22 am Reply

I can imagine that people around you would be sharing their precious but broken jewellery or related stuff with you. Because you are the person to transform that stuff into ‘crafts in a very creative manner.
    Thanks for sharing your awesome ideas and making this world a more beautiful place by recycling.

10. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  February 21, 2013, 12:45 pm Reply

Thank you sooooo much my super sweet friends.. my pleasure to read this appreciation :)

11. Diana Rambles  /  February 21, 2013, 1:58 pm Reply

Super cute!

12. Lori @ Encourage Your Spouse  /  February 21, 2013, 2:42 pm Reply

How exciting! I love to see old made new again. Thanks for sharing the tutorial – reading and seeing the pictures made it come to life! My mom has so much old jewelry – you’ve given me some inspiration for mother’s day!

13. LaVoice  /  February 21, 2013, 3:50 pm Reply

Marvelous job on taking something broken and turning it into a work of art.

14. Rebecca  /  February 21, 2013, 6:13 pm Reply

This is so cute! I love how you have added the embellishments to the clay to make a unique key chain! Thanks for sharing!

15. Gülsüm Güven Tuncer  /  February 21, 2013, 8:35 pm Reply

Superrrr. İt”s very nice and easy project.

16. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  February 22, 2013, 10:10 am Reply

Thanks a LOT for admiring my work & tutorial :)

17. Priyanka Rastogi  /  February 22, 2013, 10:55 am Reply

very nice tutorial ….love this keyring…:)

18. Rosey  /  February 22, 2013, 2:37 pm Reply

What a great way to not have to throw away things you like that have broken!

I’m visiting today from Thursday’s Favorite Things.

19. Christina  /  February 23, 2013, 3:39 am Reply

I love this, such a cute idea. I will have to come back to browse around. Neat!! Came from Delicately Constructed Friday Bloghop. Following you on Social Media.

20. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  February 23, 2013, 10:08 am Reply

Thanks, Reuse is always interesting :)

21. Yona  /  February 23, 2013, 8:01 pm Reply

Oh wow – this is really nice. Gotta Pin for later. Your final outcome is really pretty and eye-catching. This also looks pretty easy to do.

I’m stopping by to say ‘hi’ from Katherine’s Favorite Things Thursday – better late than never.

22. Ambreen (Simply Sweet 'n Savory)  /  February 25, 2013, 12:25 pm Reply

Wow dear! Such a creative way to use broken hair clutcher, attractive key ring!

23. Julie Bagamary  /  February 26, 2013, 7:21 pm Reply

impressive!

24. Hani Shabbir  /  February 27, 2013, 5:17 pm Reply

Thats a very good use for old jewelry.. Nice idea!

25. Julie  /  February 27, 2013, 8:04 pm Reply

Wow! Those are awesome. It’s amazing that they are made with broken items.

26. Mrs. Sarah Coller  /  February 27, 2013, 9:47 pm Reply

This is an adorable and super great idea…I’m impressed! Thanks for linking up this past week. I’ll have the new party up later this afternoon and would love to have you back!

Have a happy day,
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

27. sara  /  February 28, 2013, 9:15 pm Reply

great job, and love the clean new look of your blog, almost didn’t recognize it! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

28. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  March 1, 2013, 9:19 am Reply

Thank you everyone! I am glad you liked it :)

29. Mixed Kreations  /  March 2, 2013, 5:02 pm Reply

Cute idea, very pretty, and unique. Great way to recycle broke pieces. Thanks for sharing your tutorial.

30. Nancy  /  March 2, 2013, 9:53 pm Reply

You have such an eye for the beautiful. I love this..Thanks for bringing this to the Oldie’s party! Hope to see you back there next week.

31. BeColorful  /  March 3, 2013, 8:38 pm Reply

You are always so creative. Thanks for sharing.
    p

32. Patricia Torres  /  March 4, 2013, 4:29 am Reply

Totally shocked.. and in awe… You’ve made it look so pretty!! wow!

33. Dila  /  May 26, 2013, 9:45 pm Reply

É uma peça muito bonita.
    Colorida e muito original.
    Boa semana!

34. Spyridoula  /  July 25, 2013, 1:37 pm Reply

Very beautifull keyring!!! I love all the details on it!!! Thank you for the tutorial!!! Have a lovely evening!!!

35. MERCEDES  /  January 10, 2014, 7:39 pm Reply

HOLA KHADIJA !!!!! QUE BIEN TE TE VEO DE NUEVO POR AQUI…. ME HE QUEDADO SORPRENDIDA, POR ESTE TRABAJO TAN ESTUPENDO !!!!! Y TAN BIEN EXPLICADO…. ME ALEGRO DE SALUDARTE, Y APROVECHO PARA DESEARTE UN BUEN Y FELIZ AÑO. MUCHOS BESOS.

36. Natasha  /  February 9, 2014, 8:28 pm Reply

Love this keyring!!

Thanks for linking up to February’s Share The Love Blog Hop

Natasha @ Serenity You

37. Oum Oukkâcha  /  February 10, 2014, 7:31 am Reply

salam arleykoum
    is great idea and i love th style arabic
    think you hbiba
    kiss frome france ♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Oum Oukkâcha

38. iPhone Keyring Making - Creative Mind Khadija  /  February 14, 2014, 12:44 pm Reply

[…] can also check my others handmade/crafted keyrings Here & […]