Creative Khadija Blog – Crafts, Fashion, Food & Lifestyle

How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewelry & Crafts Making

How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewelry & Crafts Making

DIY

How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewelry & Crafts Making

It’s been long I have shared any of my dough crafts or jewellery. The reason behind this is shortage of time. I am more busy with my online work as well as business projects now, So handmade work is a bit ignored now. I miss past blogging days, I remember one of my dough making tutorial blog post went viral & got huge appreciation by my dear readers worldwide. That article pinned more than two thousand times. Few days back someone ask me about homemade dough & it’s crafts. So I thought I should try this again.  Here today I am sharing How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewellery & Crafts Making. I hope you will find it interesting.

How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewelry & Crafts Making

How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewelry & Crafts Making

A friend asked me to teach her dough making & it’s crafts. As I was already missing some handmade crafting so I did it. This is the recipe of handmade dough making.

Recipe of homemade crafts dough :

You will need any transparent glue, Vaseline, Lemon juice & all purpose flour for making this dough.

How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewelry & Crafts Making

Step One –

Filter one cup flour in any bowl or plate. Add almost 3 table spoons of white glue. Add One table spoon Vaseline & One table spoon lemon juice.

How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewelry & Crafts Making

Mix all together & knead well. In start you will think your dough is not gonna make as it might be hard & not mixing well together. You need to knead more & if its still rough add some more glue until it gets smooth. DO NOT MIX WATER ANYWAY. The whole thing is kneading well with hands. You can put it in your microwave oven for 1 minute at lowest temperature. It will dry your dough completely if there is any water moisture in it. DO NOT HEAT MORE THAN A MINUTE.

Grease any plastic bag with Vaseline & save the dough in it. You will save this in any air tight jar & can use it for one month easily. This will not get dry soon if in air tight jar.

How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewelry & Crafts Making
See how smooth it looks. Now its ready for making any crafts, jewelry or ornaments.

After making the dough I was going to teach my friend how to make flowers & other decorative items with dough But guess what happened?

How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewelry & Crafts Making

I forgot how to make dough flowers. Strange? Yeah it is. Then I google it “Dough flowers making” I was so happy & surprised to see dough flowers making tutorials on the first page of Google by Creative Khadija. Isn’t it strange yet funny that I was learning via Google but from me. Haha. So I check my blog archives via Google & got it how I made these flowers in past.

How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewelry & Crafts Making

Here are dough flowers now, Some of these are made by me & some are by my student friend. These are not so neat & perfect as I had no practice & my student was also new to this thing. So we just experiment making these flowers.

How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewelry & Crafts Making

So in a few days, Me & my student come up with these little dough thingies.

You can also add colors to your dough when it’s soft. Otherwise you can paint it. Dough flour was pure white but after getting dry this turned off white. You can paint it or spray paint it. For mixing colors in the dough, You can add any acrylic paints or fabric paints in it. Water based paints will not work well. Use any fabric paints please. Otherwise your dough creation might caught by fungus later.

Are you excited to see my next blog post in which I will be sharing my craft or decore with these dough flowers? Wait for my next post then. I have a very cool & easy decoration idea for you friends.

You can also have a look at my previous dough & crafts creations.

In case if your dough making experiment went wrong & there is a lump. Don’t worry & make something out of the trash lump. I made this paper weight of the dough when it turned dry in my cupboard once & later I found it, I design it. Enjoy the tutorial.

dough flowers making

Dough flowers making tutorial.

handmade keyring with clay dough

Handmade Keyring Pendant Tutorial

dough crafts & creations

Dough-Clay paper weight making tutorial

dough jewelry making tutorial

Dough earrings making tutorial

hair clip design and decore ideas

Dough flowers embellished hair clip tutorial

jewelry box design and decore tutorial

Jewelry Box Decoration Idea

DIY keyring idea

Clay Keyring Tutorial

I hope you will find my today’s blog post useful for dough & clay crafts. Be sure to check these tutorials from archives. Be sure to Share this post on your social media. Have a great day.

Thanks

I am Khadija Kiran, A girl blogger, content creator & digital marketer. I started this blog in 2010. It's pleasure sharing interesting stuff related art, fashion, food and lifestyle. You can enjoy my 350+ DIYs on this blog. I also sell my handmade art work. Stay tuned to see more!

1. Saeeda

January 31, 2017 at 12:25 pm

I’m going to try this. I bought polymer clay but my mom won’t let me put that in the oven so I’ll try this ?

• Khadija's Creative Mind

January 31, 2017 at 12:45 pm

Sure try this. There is no issue putting polymer clay in microwave oven :) I remember once I burnt a polymer clay pendant. Lowest heat is okay #lesson. Don’t forget to show me your creativity then! Thanks

2. pitavola

January 31, 2017 at 5:01 pm

muy interesante ! a ver si este fin de semana lo intento. A ti te han quedado cosas muy bellas

• Khadija's Creative Mind

February 1, 2017 at 9:15 am

Thank You Pita for enjoying the article. I hope to see you trying this recipe soon :) Have a great day!

3. Anita

February 1, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Thank-you Khadija for your dough recipe.I will surely try and make flowers.

4. Jann Olson

February 8, 2017 at 2:50 am

What a great recipe! I often buy sculpty clay to use in craft projects. Love your flowers! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

5. Anumshahbaz

February 19, 2017 at 10:12 am

Plz tell me about selling for dough jewellry

• Khadija's Creative Mind

February 20, 2017 at 7:39 am

It’s not easy to explain here actually! I think I need to write a separate blog post about selling handmade crafts & jewelry for newbies. Hopefully soon!

6. Samaha Sufyan

April 9, 2017 at 6:31 pm

i have a question, is this the same as polymer clay or different? and in either case will it be okay if kept underwater? i’m actually interested in making stuff using polymer clay for my aquarium as decor and came across your recipe so was just curious..

• Khadija's Creative Mind

April 10, 2017 at 8:59 am

No Samaha, It is not polymer clay & totally different. There is no chemical or thing in it. So definitely it will not work well underwater. If you want to make charms for your aquarium, try ceramic dough. I havent yet tried that so I have no idea how it works. My dough is not okay with water. All the best :) Thank you for writing!

7. Subhashini

May 21, 2017 at 9:04 am

I have few doubts. Is this dough a kind of air dry clay? You have mentioned transparent glue in one place & white glue in another. Can we use fevicol?

• Khadija's Creative Mind

May 21, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Hi, Thanks for discussing, Yeah it’s air dry clay. You can only use transparent glue which is usually in pure white color but when it gets dry, it turned transparent. Something like mod podge! About fevicol, I haven’t yet tried. So I can not suggest that.

8. Abiha

July 8, 2017 at 2:25 pm

Is this white glue what we call german glue in pakistan ?

9. Laurie

July 14, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Khadija, You have so many wonderful projects and tutorials on your blog! I’ve been working with clay a little lately and saw this recipe and can’t wait to try it! Thanks so much for sharing it. Pinned :)

10. Pingback: Creative Khadija Blog Year 2017 DIY-Crafts Recap

11. Pingback: How To Decorate Tin Box With Dough Flowers Embellishment

12. Pingback: How To Decorate & Embellish With Dough Flowers

13. Kelly

February 25, 2019 at 9:11 am

Hi Khadija,
    I’m very intrigued with this clay you’ve shared. I have a couple of questions. 1. just say I was giving it to someone as a gift, do I need to worry about gluten intolerances? I have heard that celiac’s only need to be near gluten to have a reaction but I get the feeling that this is a real overstretch (no offence to any gluten allergic people if this is true, I just don’t know the answer). I assume that you paint over it with enamel anyway. Also, do you need to air dry it in certain weather conditions to prevent it cracking, or is it just a matter of leaving it out to dry on the bench for a few days?

Thanks for sharing your article by the way. It makes the crafty www continue to evolve :)

• Creative Khadija

February 25, 2019 at 10:53 am

Hi Kelly,
      I am glad to hear from you! About your first question, honestly I have no idea about gluten sensitivity for skin. All of the products I have used in making the dough are not harmful for any normal conditions. But I am not sure about sensitive cases. For adding colors, I mixed acrylic paints in the dough and mixed well with hands for smooth look. You can also paint it with enamel or acrylic paints, no issue. For air drying, avoid humid atmosphere otherwise it might get fungus. It will get dry in 10-15 hours maximum, so no need to put it outside on the bench. Keep it on any shelf in the room temperature.
      Thanks for sharing your queries, let me know if you still have some questions. I Would love to respond :)

14. Pingback: PaperWeight Making From Trash To Treasure

15. Pingback: Creative Reuse Of Plastic Container By Decorating it with Collage Clay

16. Pingback: Hausgemachte Teig Rezept für Kunsthandwerk, Blumen & Schmuckherstellung. Überprüfen Sie mein Tutorial er … « Schmuck

17. Molly

August 11, 2019 at 4:13 pm

I was wondering what the Vaseline did? Does it help retain its moisture? I like this recipe!

• Creative Khadija

August 13, 2019 at 8:49 am

Vaselines makes the clay/dough smooth. It gives a soft texture to it, so it is necessary that’s why. Thank you for your comment :)

18. Pingback: How To Make Dough For Handmade Jewelry & Crafts Making – Mon Blog De Bricolage 2019

19. Pingback: Wie man Teig für handgemachten Schmuck & Kunsthandwerk macht - Carolyn Buckland Blogs