Dough Flowers Basket Making part-2

By on March 29th, 2014

Welcome to another colorful post at Creative Khadija..

Spring is in its full bloom these days, I am enjoying my time a lot..! During this month in every article at blog, I am discussing a lot about spring & happiness! isn’t it..!! well I am enjoying the season & seeing cute buds of plants in my home garden ..Life is so colorful & fresh Alhamdulillah.. so why not to enjoy!! I hope you are also enjoying & having good time..

Ok ok so now back to the blog post of today.. in my  previous post I were sharing the making of dough rose & flower fillers, & Today I will be showing how to arrange dough flowers in a mini basket or any pot. its pretty simple & easy!

Lets see..

dough flowers basket making

You will may be familiar with the above image! as I have shared the sneak peek of this in my previous flower making article.. here today is the how-to now..

how to decoupage basket

I did some collage of foil sheet on this mini basket. If you will remember, during summers I decoupage a jewelry box organizer, the foil sheet is the same & technique too, Check HERE

When the decoupage will be done/dry.. then start fixing the inside stuff. fill the basket with any paper or tissue.

then make a disc shape with dough..& fix it over the paper/tissue or anything which you have placed inside.

flower basket making

Now start fixing dry arrangement of flowers on the chocolate colored fresh dough. dry flowers will be fixing nicely on the soft fresh dough. Be sure to use any transparent glue for the perfect fix.

For making these petal fillers, use the same method of making petals which I shared previously. all you need to do is fix a drop shape with petal , glue it & dry. Its simple & easy!

flower basket gift making idea

I pack it in a transparent bag, then tie a knot with silk thread with tassel. I sprinkle some glitter over it too..So simple & fun.I pack it for gifting my sister in law(eldest bro’s wife)..when she saw this while I were creating, she likes a lot so I pack it & give it to her..I am truly blessed with a lovely family MashaAllah..

I hope you will like the post & will be trying this. isn’t it a fun gift idea for spring..?well give it a try & if there is any problem you are facing, let me know.You can also check my other dough creations Here

Have a wonderful day!

Khadija ~

11 comments

#1RadhikaMarch 29, 2014, 4:59 pm

Wow !! lovely flowers.. I love the makeover of the basket .. :)

#2Mª ReyesMarch 30, 2014, 5:51 pm

Te ha quedado precioso. Besos

#3Khadija’s Creative MindMarch 31, 2014, 10:36 am

#4RuxanaApril 2, 2014, 4:57 pm

this looks really beautiful :)

#5Natasha In OzApril 4, 2014, 10:36 pm

G’day from Oz! Many thanks for linking up to the Say G’Day Saturday link up and sharing this great post. I’ve just pinned it and shared it on Google+

Hope you can pop by and say g’day again this weekend.

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

#6Khadija’s Creative MindApril 5, 2014, 8:57 am

Thanks Ruxana & Natasha :)

#7Bella@artclubblog.comApril 8, 2014, 11:44 pm

Your flowers look soooo beautiful!

#8DeepaMay 6, 2014, 12:14 pm

Very beautiful Khadija…

#9LaraJuly 21, 2014, 3:52 pm

I leaгnt a great deɑl fro reading your website now – sοme things I in no
way actuallʏ knew existed or were true. A fantastic bbit of info
to keep ѕecured away for the following Trivia
Pursսit!

#10UTs Hobby TimeAugust 19, 2014, 7:42 pm

Awesome flower basket. Perfect for last minute gifts.

Thanks for your lovely comment. I couldn’t GFC so Following you back via email.

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Pillows with Fabric Paints and Quilting

Pillows with Fabric Paints and Quilting(4)

During my Textile design studies, I specially enjoyed working with fabric paints & designing,  it’s a really interesting medium for decorating plain fabric with some colors & patterns etc, during that semester when I were studying paints, I work with screen printing, Block printing, silk painting, fabric painting, emboss paints, glitter paints, led work &

Truck Art Inspired Drawings

Truck Art Inspired Drawings(16)

I love working on my freehand Drawings, Paintings, Sketching ..Its fun to make drawings & doodling with color markers, playing with vibrant & bright colors on a sketchbook sheet is simply nice! I enjoy making truck art inspired drawings also, In past years I were making loads of paintings, working with brushes & water based

DIY Independence Day Pendant

DIY Independence Day Pendant(12)

Month of August is very special for us Pakistanis, because it’s the month of independence, 14th August 1947 was the day when we got freedom. Too much struggle, efforts, difficult situations around but the whole Nation is working hard with unity for the peace and prosperity of our dear country.. So Happy 67 years my

Nature Clicks

Nature Clicks(7)

“Look deep into Nature & then You will understand everything better” This is not Me who is saying these wise word..its by Albert Einstein. 100% agree about what He said.. Life is all about learning & understanding.. if we have eyes and specially inner eyes, we can definitely understand the pretty awesome lessons by the

Ribbon Flower Headbands #ForSale

Ribbon Flower Headbands #ForSale(12)

I sell my handmade creations on & off & its fun to create for others..I create for my family & friends a lot but I specially enjoy getting online feed back of my readers/followers this way! Mostly I sell abroad and sometime in Pakistan too, I enjoy doing everything arty crafty & creative! So here

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks