How To Design Planner Cover

By on May 9th, 2014

Working with Paper crafts is always interesting! After trying creating some fun & quick crafty stuff with washi tape, Now I have tried some more fun now, I just decorated a plain diary/planner with some washi tape. A plain look seems dull & boring, which I don’t like really!! so I decorate it with some colors & shine! yeah !!

Washi Tape Crafts are my new addiction these days, I just enjoy trying random fun ideas with these pretty tapes gifted by my friend from Singapore.

Let’s see what I have done & the how-to..

washi tape crafts

planner cover design

Designing this planner cover was not something difficult to try, it will take hardly 10 minutes & you are done.. A quick idea for redesigning a plain cover/planner with some colorful touch.

planner design ideas

washi tape & doodle art

It was a plain white diary, So I started working on..First I design the sides & then did some doodle & freehand design with a black pointer pen. I draw here too..

washi tape crafts

Planner design with washi tape

Step by step I apply these paper tapes & complete the designing. and when its done, use mod podge gloss for sealing the surface, (I thought to use mod podge sparkle but finally i decided to use gloss.. If you feel its getting sticky with any paper or thing, you can use zero sand paper between the glue coats.. be sure to use sand paper when the glue is totally dry, otherwise it can disturb the design.. so be careful..

design a planner

doodle art on planner cover

Some freehand fun & design! with colorful tapes design, these doodles are looking better with the colorful tapes now!

washi tape crafts

washi tape crafts

Here are the many tape rolls I am having, I can’t stop crafting on & on with these. Let’s see when they will get finished & I will be stopping creating with these .. haha

planner design ideas

washi tape designing

Here is a Before & After look.. let’s see..

Doesn’t it seems well now? I am happy with the end result..seems cute really! I apply a paper doll popup sticker too..

washi tape crafts

washi tape crafts

This above my very first experience with washi tape, I design some washi tape  quick crafts with these when I got the tapes. see some archives & enjoy!

You can try these crafts with kids as they like working with easy & colorful things, while teaching them about colors, you can teach through these colorful activities.. And i bet they will be learning much better & quick..

I hope you are having a wonderful day! Have a blessed Friday my friends..

25 comments

#1Heather R.May 9, 2014, 3:48 pm

Very cute, and very cheerful! Love what you did with that! :)

#2Midtown AtlantaMay 9, 2014, 4:06 pm

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is important and everything. But think of if you added some great photos or videos
to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but
with pics and clips, this site could definitely be
one of the greatest in its field. Terrific blog!

#3Khadija’s Creative MindMay 10, 2014, 9:08 am

Heather;
Thank you Heather.. :)

Midtown Atlanta;
Thanks for the suggestions..

#4Elisabeth AndreeMay 11, 2014, 11:56 am

Lovely work Khadija, it looks stylish and colorful!

#5LaurenMay 12, 2014, 2:37 pm

Adorable! So much cuter than the original. I’d be thrilled if you’d link up at this week

#6HelenMay 12, 2014, 10:30 pm

This turned out so cute!!

#7SaraMay 13, 2014, 6:51 am

Wonderful idea, looks fantastic! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

#8Khadija’s Creative MindMay 13, 2014, 11:10 am

Elisabeth; Thanks dear :)

Lauren : oh really.. Sure i will be linking..

Helen; Thanks..

Sara; Thank you so much for appreciating !!

#9CrystelleMay 14, 2014, 3:57 pm

What a fun personalized planner you have. And such a fab washi tape collection too! Wow! Go you!! :)
hugs x, Crystelle

#10Amanda (Moming About)May 15, 2014, 8:05 pm

Very nice redesign! I am yet to venture into washi tape, but I’ve been tempted many times.

#11Khadija’s Creative MindMay 16, 2014, 1:52 pm

Thank you Crystelle & Amanda :) washi tape is kind of addiction.. haha

#12onelJune 13, 2014, 11:32 pm

Ughh, now I feel like I want to washi tape everything! So fun and colorful!!

#13Yasmina @ Mina and Her BlogJuly 28, 2014, 11:34 pm

Ooh! Im loving it, and need to try it out myself too!
Pinning it girl!
XO

#14maahiSeptember 6, 2014, 3:18 pm

hollla! its great! <3

#15Tamara@EtcetorizeSeptember 8, 2014, 4:26 pm

Wow! What a great collection of Washi tape! I love the blue Lacey one. Your journal turned out lovely. I’ve restarted the Make it Monday linky party. I’d love it if you shared your project. (there’s even a giveaway!)

#16MERCEDESSeptember 9, 2014, 8:34 pm

HOLA KHADIJA !!!! ME ENCANTAN ESTOS CUADERNOS DECORADOS COS CON WASHI TAPE…. HACES UN MONTON DE TRABAJOS BONITOS AMIGA…. MUCHOS BESOS.

#17JeanetteSeptember 22, 2014, 9:46 am

Pretty. Like when you can do something look pretty that easy:)

#18Dr Sonia S VOctober 2, 2014, 11:14 am

Such a beauty you have created Khadija

#19Khadija’s Creative MindOctober 2, 2014, 12:12 pm

Thanks a lot dear friends :) I am glad to see your words of appreciation

#20AkaleistarOctober 3, 2014, 12:49 am

Such a pretty planner! It’s amazing all the things you can do with washi tape :)

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Rhinestones Fixing with Mod Podge DM

Rhinestones Fixing with Mod Podge DM(33)

I like collecting  jewelry & accessories a lot, I wear these rarely but like to collect beautiful accessories all the time,  specially at Eid festivals and family functions, among my most favorite jewelry & accessories a Ring or a bracelet is on top. I don’t like gold accessories much, although I have many gold rings

Eid Mubarak

Eid Mubarak(20)

Eid Mubarak Everyone! Eid al Baqar is here finally! I bought some Eid Cards & gifts for my friends & family but most of the things were not handmade! formal kind of gifts because I were too busy with some of my other business projects & Eid day just arrived! So finally I made a

Halloween Pumpkin with Henna

Halloween Pumpkin with Henna(47)

These days I can see many fun posts related Fall, Halloween & Pumpkins decore, I enjoy seeing the fun ideas. Every year I also design something with fall theme & its fun to share. Today I am going to share a henna tattoo designed pumpkin as a Halloween or fall project for my readers all

Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY

Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY(55)

My love for vintage stuff is never ending, I collect antiques whenever I get a chance, like international coins & currency, mail stamps and some other random things like this. I design my business planner/dairy cover while keeping the vintage theme in my mind. So here today I am going to share a planner cover

Eid Day Mehndi Designs

Eid Day Mehndi Designs(40)

Girls are always enjoying Henna/Mehndi designs at Eid day, I also like it even its not the Eid day around. But seriously I am not a good henna designer, specially as compared to my dear sister-in-law designs, she is too good in applying mehndi, While checking the phone gallery yesterday, I notice there were some

Sponsors & Affiliates

Sponsors

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks