How To Design Planner Cover

washi tape crafts

Working with Paper crafts is always interesting! After trying creating some fun & quick crafty stuff with washi tape, Now I have tried some more fun now, I just decorated a plain diary/planner with some washi tape. A plain look seems dull & boring, which I don’t like really!! so I decorate it with some colors & shine! yeah !!

Washi Tape Crafts are my new addiction these days, I just enjoy trying random fun ideas with these pretty tapes gifted by my friend from Singapore.

Let’s see what I have done & the how-to..

washi tape crafts

planner cover design

Designing this planner cover was not something difficult to try, it will take hardly 10 minutes & you are done.. A quick idea for redesigning a plain cover/planner with some colorful touch.

planner design ideas

washi tape & doodle art

It was a plain white diary, So I started working on..First I design the sides & then did some doodle & freehand design with a black pointer pen. I draw here too..

washi tape crafts

Planner design with washi tape

Step by step I apply these paper tapes & complete the designing. and when its done, use mod podge gloss for sealing the surface, (I thought to use mod podge sparkle but finally i decided to use gloss.. If you feel its getting sticky with any paper or thing, you can use zero sand paper between the glue coats.. be sure to use sand paper when the glue is totally dry, otherwise it can disturb the design.. so be careful..

design a planner

doodle art on planner cover

Some freehand fun & design! with colorful tapes design, these doodles are looking better with the colorful tapes now!

washi tape crafts

washi tape crafts

Here are the many tape rolls I am having, I can’t stop crafting on & on with these. Let’s see when they will get finished & I will be stopping creating with these .. haha

planner design ideas

washi tape designing

Here is a Before & After look.. let’s see..

Doesn’t it seems well now? I am happy with the end result..seems cute really! I apply a paper doll popup sticker too..

washi tape crafts

washi tape crafts

This above my very first experience with washi tape, I design some washi tapeĀ  quick crafts with these when I got the tapes. see some archives & enjoy!

You can try these crafts with kids as they like working with easy & colorful things, while teaching them about colors, you can teach through these colorful activities.. And i bet they will be learning much better & quick..

I hope you are having a wonderful day! Have a blessed Friday my friends..

I am Khadija Kiran, A girl blogger & Art student, I love sharing my easy DIY & craft ideas. I blog about handmade crafts & things.

1. Heather R.  /  May 9, 2014, 3:48 pm Reply

Very cute, and very cheerful! Love what you did with that! :)

2. Midtown Atlanta  /  May 9, 2014, 4:06 pm Reply

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and everything. But think of if you added some great photos or videos
    to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but
    with pics and clips, this site could definitely be
    one of the greatest in its field. Terrific blog!

3. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  May 10, 2014, 9:08 am Reply

Heather;
    Thank you Heather.. :)

Midtown Atlanta;
    Thanks for the suggestions..

4. Elisabeth Andree  /  May 11, 2014, 11:56 am Reply

Lovely work Khadija, it looks stylish and colorful!

5. Lauren  /  May 12, 2014, 2:37 pm Reply

Adorable! So much cuter than the original. I’d be thrilled if you’d link up at this week

6. Helen  /  May 12, 2014, 10:30 pm Reply

This turned out so cute!!

7. Sara  /  May 13, 2014, 6:51 am Reply

Wonderful idea, looks fantastic! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

8. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  May 13, 2014, 11:10 am Reply

Elisabeth; Thanks dear :)

Lauren : oh really.. Sure i will be linking..

Helen; Thanks..

Sara; Thank you so much for appreciating !!

9. Crystelle  /  May 14, 2014, 3:57 pm Reply

What a fun personalized planner you have. And such a fab washi tape collection too! Wow! Go you!! :)
    hugs x, Crystelle

10. Amanda (Moming About)  /  May 15, 2014, 8:05 pm Reply

Very nice redesign! I am yet to venture into washi tape, but I’ve been tempted many times.

11. […] Creative Khadija […]

12. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  May 16, 2014, 1:52 pm Reply

Thank you Crystelle & Amanda :) washi tape is kind of addiction.. haha

13. […] How To Design Planner Cover – Creative Mind Khadija. […]

14. […] Creative Khadija taught us how to give a planner a cute makeover. […]

15. […] Prettify a plain planner cover with a variety of washi tape in an original design. Khadija shares how she did hers, so you can make one too. This would work for mini-album or mini-book covers! […]

16. onel  /  June 13, 2014, 11:32 pm Reply

Ughh, now I feel like I want to washi tape everything! So fun and colorful!!

17. Yasmina @ Mina and Her Blog  /  July 28, 2014, 11:34 pm Reply

Ooh! Im loving it, and need to try it out myself too!
    Pinning it girl!
    XO

18. maahi  /  September 6, 2014, 3:18 pm Reply

hollla! its great! <3

19. Tamara@Etcetorize  /  September 8, 2014, 4:26 pm Reply

Wow! What a great collection of Washi tape! I love the blue Lacey one. Your journal turned out lovely. I’ve restarted the Make it Monday linky party. I’d love it if you shared your project. (there’s even a giveaway!)

20. MERCEDES  /  September 9, 2014, 8:34 pm Reply

HOLA KHADIJA !!!! ME ENCANTAN ESTOS CUADERNOS DECORADOS COS CON WASHI TAPE…. HACES UN MONTON DE TRABAJOS BONITOS AMIGA…. MUCHOS BESOS.

21. […] & currency, mail stamps and some other random things like this. I design my business planner/dairy cover while keeping the vintage theme in my mind. So here today I am going to share a planner cover […]

22. Jeanette  /  September 22, 2014, 9:46 am Reply

Pretty. Like when you can do something look pretty that easy:)

23. Dr Sonia S V  /  October 2, 2014, 11:14 am Reply

Such a beauty you have created Khadija

24. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  October 2, 2014, 12:12 pm Reply

Thanks a lot dear friends :) I am glad to see your words of appreciation

25. Akaleistar  /  October 3, 2014, 12:49 am Reply

Such a pretty planner! It’s amazing all the things you can do with washi tape :)

26. Libas e ZUn  /  October 25, 2014, 1:55 pm Reply

i like your website and deeply reading your web different posts and see your workshop space this is good and i like to comment and follow up you thanks for giving your good ideas carry on and make more dough work with more good color combination of colors. keep it up happy to see this