How To Design Planner Cover

By on May 9th, 2014

Working with Paper crafts is always interesting! After trying creating some fun & quick crafty stuff with washi tape, Now I have tried some more fun now, I just decorated a plain diary/planner with some washi tape. A plain look seems dull & boring, which I don’t like really!! so I decorate it with some colors & shine! yeah !!

Washi Tape Crafts are my new addiction these days, I just enjoy trying random fun ideas with these pretty tapes gifted by my friend from Singapore.

Let’s see what I have done & the how-to..

washi tape crafts

planner cover design

Designing this planner cover was not something difficult to try, it will take hardly 10 minutes & you are done.. A quick idea for redesigning a plain cover/planner with some colorful touch.

planner design ideas

washi tape & doodle art

It was a plain white diary, So I started working on..First I design the sides & then did some doodle & freehand design with a black pointer pen. I draw here too..

washi tape crafts

Planner design with washi tape

Step by step I apply these paper tapes & complete the designing. and when its done, use mod podge gloss for sealing the surface, (I thought to use mod podge sparkle but finally i decided to use gloss.. If you feel its getting sticky with any paper or thing, you can use zero sand paper between the glue coats.. be sure to use sand paper when the glue is totally dry, otherwise it can disturb the design.. so be careful..

design a planner

doodle art on planner cover

Some freehand fun & design! with colorful tapes design, these doodles are looking better with the colorful tapes now!

washi tape crafts

washi tape crafts

Here are the many tape rolls I am having, I can’t stop crafting on & on with these. Let’s see when they will get finished & I will be stopping creating with these .. haha

planner design ideas

washi tape designing

Here is a Before & After look.. let’s see..

Doesn’t it seems well now? I am happy with the end result..seems cute really! I apply a paper doll popup sticker too..

washi tape crafts

washi tape crafts

This above my very first experience with washi tape, I design some washi tape  quick crafts with these when I got the tapes. see some archives & enjoy!

You can try these crafts with kids as they like working with easy & colorful things, while teaching them about colors, you can teach through these colorful activities.. And i bet they will be learning much better & quick..

I hope you are having a wonderful day! Have a blessed Friday my friends..

17 comments

#1Heather R.May 9, 2014, 3:48 pm

Very cute, and very cheerful! Love what you did with that! :)

#2Midtown AtlantaMay 9, 2014, 4:06 pm

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is important and everything. But think of if you added some great photos or videos
to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but
with pics and clips, this site could definitely be
one of the greatest in its field. Terrific blog!

#3Khadija’s Creative MindMay 10, 2014, 9:08 am

Heather;
Thank you Heather.. :)

Midtown Atlanta;
Thanks for the suggestions..

#4Elisabeth AndreeMay 11, 2014, 11:56 am

Lovely work Khadija, it looks stylish and colorful!

#5LaurenMay 12, 2014, 2:37 pm

Adorable! So much cuter than the original. I’d be thrilled if you’d link up at this week

#6HelenMay 12, 2014, 10:30 pm

This turned out so cute!!

#7SaraMay 13, 2014, 6:51 am

Wonderful idea, looks fantastic! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

#8Khadija’s Creative MindMay 13, 2014, 11:10 am

Elisabeth; Thanks dear :)

Lauren : oh really.. Sure i will be linking..

Helen; Thanks..

Sara; Thank you so much for appreciating !!

#9CrystelleMay 14, 2014, 3:57 pm

What a fun personalized planner you have. And such a fab washi tape collection too! Wow! Go you!! :)
hugs x, Crystelle

#10Amanda (Moming About)May 15, 2014, 8:05 pm

Very nice redesign! I am yet to venture into washi tape, but I’ve been tempted many times.

#11Khadija’s Creative MindMay 16, 2014, 1:52 pm

Thank you Crystelle & Amanda :) washi tape is kind of addiction.. haha

#12onelJune 13, 2014, 11:32 pm

Ughh, now I feel like I want to washi tape everything! So fun and colorful!!

#13Yasmina @ Mina and Her BlogJuly 28, 2014, 11:34 pm

Ooh! Im loving it, and need to try it out myself too!
Pinning it girl!
XO

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Gift Packing Idea with Washi Tape

Gift Packing Idea with Washi Tape(12)

Holy month of Ramadan is passing quickly.. Its hard to believe that its ending in a few days now! Very quick..Well my Ramadan days were going great & I had great time Alhamdulillah. Now Eid is around the corner.. Yeah..the Eid festival is like a gift to us after fasting for the whole month. Now

Gift Box Design with Stenciling Technique

Gift Box Design with Stenciling Technique(16)

As the Eid festival is coming near, now its time to give and get some gifts from family & friends..Yayy.. My family & friends are always expecting something arty/crafty from me & this is kind of a hard Task always! Well I handle anyway..haha. Gift Packing and gift box designing is a really important thing

Recent Craft Fail

Recent Craft Fail(14)

A crafty life is filled with some loads of FUN & excitements about making stuff.. We crafters are meeting many arty experiments everyday & we enjoy facing these! isn’t it fun to be a crafter, I enjoy while making, creating, sharing and doing experiments with so many arty things, sometimes the experiment is a hit

Mod Podge Gifts From USA

Mod Podge Gifts From USA(9)

Hello Everyone! Holy month of Ramadan is going great here Alhamdulillah, although weather is going hot day by day! but having many blessings too with loads of happiness & goodness Ma’shaAllah. I hope my Muslim readers all over the world are also having a blessed and happy month of holy Ramadan! My today’s post is

GlassPaint Jar Vase/Organizer Tutorial

GlassPaint Jar Vase/Organizer Tutorial(12)

I enjoy recycling & reusing stuff more than creating something with any new material, Reusing & restyling oldie things are just fun! And the interesting thing about it, you don’t need to worry if the result is not so perfect.. as its recycling! So I always recommend to reuse, recycle & restyle small old thingies,

Sponsors & Affiliates

Sponsors

SwitchAds

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks