washi tape crafts
Drawings & sketching, kids crafts, Mod Podge, Paper craft, Tutorial, Washi Tape Crafts

How To Design Planner Cover

Working with Paper crafts is always interesting! After trying creating some fun & quick crafty stuff with washi tape, Now I have tried some more fun now, I just decorated a plain diary/planner with some washi tape. A plain look seems dull & boring, which I don’t like really!! so I decorate it with some colors & shine! yeah !!

Washi Tape Crafts are my new addiction these days, I just enjoy trying random fun ideas with these pretty tapes gifted by my friend from Singapore.

Let’s see what I have done & the how-to..

How To Design Planner Cover

washi tape crafts

planner cover design

Designing this planner cover was not something difficult to try, it will take hardly 10 minutes & you are done.. A quick idea for redesigning a plain cover/planner with some colorful touch.

planner design ideas

washi tape & doodle art

It was a plain white diary, So I started working on..First I design the sides & then did some doodle & freehand design with a black pointer pen. I draw here too..

washi tape crafts

Planner design with washi tape

Step by step I apply these paper tapes & complete the designing. and when its done, use mod podge gloss for sealing the surface, (I thought to use mod podge sparkle but finally i decided to use gloss.. If you feel its getting sticky with any paper or thing, you can use zero sand paper between the glue coats.. be sure to use sand paper when the glue is totally dry, otherwise it can disturb the design.. so be careful..

design a planner

doodle art on planner cover

Some freehand fun & design! with colorful tapes design, these doodles are looking better with the colorful tapes now!

washi tape crafts

washi tape crafts

Here are the many tape rolls I am having, I can’t stop crafting on & on with these. Let’s see when they will get finished & I will be stopping creating with these .. haha

planner design ideas

washi tape designing

Here is a Before & After look.. let’s see..

Doesn’t it seems well now? I am happy with the end result..seems cute really! I apply a paper doll popup sticker too..

washi tape crafts

washi tape crafts

This above my very first experience with washi tape, I design some washi tapeĀ  quick crafts with these when I got the tapes. see some archives & enjoy!

You can try these crafts with kids as they like working with easy & colorful things, while teaching them about colors, you can teach through these colorful activities.. And i bet they will be learning much better & quick..

I hope you are having a wonderful day! Have a blessed Friday my friends..

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

• Reply Heather R. May 9, 2014 at 3:48 pm

Very cute, and very cheerful! Love what you did with that! :)

• Reply Midtown Atlanta May 9, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Have you ever thought about adding a little bit more than just your articles?
    I mean, what you say is important and everything. But think of if you added some great photos or videos
    to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but
    with pics and clips, this site could definitely be
    one of the greatest in its field. Terrific blog!

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind May 10, 2014 at 9:08 am

Heather;
    Thank you Heather.. :)

Midtown Atlanta;
    Thanks for the suggestions..

• Reply Elisabeth Andree May 11, 2014 at 11:56 am

Lovely work Khadija, it looks stylish and colorful!

• Reply Lauren May 12, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Adorable! So much cuter than the original. I’d be thrilled if you’d link up at this week

• Reply Helen May 12, 2014 at 10:30 pm

This turned out so cute!!

• Reply Sara May 13, 2014 at 6:51 am

Wonderful idea, looks fantastic! thanks for sharing on craft schooling Sunday!

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind May 13, 2014 at 11:10 am

Elisabeth; Thanks dear :)

Lauren : oh really.. Sure i will be linking..

Helen; Thanks..

Sara; Thank you so much for appreciating !!

• Reply Crystelle May 14, 2014 at 3:57 pm

What a fun personalized planner you have. And such a fab washi tape collection too! Wow! Go you!! :)
    hugs x, Crystelle

• Reply Amanda (Moming About) May 15, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Very nice redesign! I am yet to venture into washi tape, but I’ve been tempted many times.

• Reply DIY Projects Junkin Joe {May 16, 2014} - The Cottage Market May 16, 2014 at 10:08 am

[…] Creative Khadija […]

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind May 16, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Thank you Crystelle & Amanda :) washi tape is kind of addiction.. haha

• Reply How To Design Planner Cover using Washi Tape | Indie Crafts | CraftGossip.com May 22, 2014 at 6:08 pm

[…] How To Design Planner Cover – Creative Mind Khadija. […]

• Reply Link Round-up: Picky Eaters, Father’s Day Gifts, Summer Reading, and More June 12, 2014 at 5:32 pm

[…] Creative Khadija taught us how to give a planner a cute makeover. […]

• Reply Tutorial | Washi Tape Planner Cover | Scrapbooking | CraftGossip.com June 13, 2014 at 11:00 am

[…] Prettify a plain planner cover with a variety of washi tape in an original design. Khadija shares how she did hers, so you can make one too. This would work for mini-album or mini-book covers! […]

• Reply onel June 13, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Ughh, now I feel like I want to washi tape everything! So fun and colorful!!

• Reply Yasmina @ Mina and Her Blog July 28, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Ooh! Im loving it, and need to try it out myself too!
    Pinning it girl!
    XO

• Reply maahi September 6, 2014 at 3:18 pm

hollla! its great! <3

• Reply Tamara@Etcetorize September 8, 2014 at 4:26 pm

Wow! What a great collection of Washi tape! I love the blue Lacey one. Your journal turned out lovely. I’ve restarted the Make it Monday linky party. I’d love it if you shared your project. (there’s even a giveaway!)

• Reply MERCEDES September 9, 2014 at 8:34 pm

HOLA KHADIJA !!!! ME ENCANTAN ESTOS CUADERNOS DECORADOS COS CON WASHI TAPE…. HACES UN MONTON DE TRABAJOS BONITOS AMIGA…. MUCHOS BESOS.

• Reply Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY - Creative Mind Khadija September 15, 2014 at 3:53 pm

[…] & currency, mail stamps and some other random things like this. I design my business planner/dairy cover while keeping the vintage theme in my mind. So here today I am going to share a planner cover […]

• Reply Jeanette September 22, 2014 at 9:46 am

Pretty. Like when you can do something look pretty that easy:)

• Reply Dr Sonia S V October 2, 2014 at 11:14 am

Such a beauty you have created Khadija

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind October 2, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Thanks a lot dear friends :) I am glad to see your words of appreciation

• Reply Akaleistar October 3, 2014 at 12:49 am

Such a pretty planner! It’s amazing all the things you can do with washi tape :)

• Reply Libas e ZUn October 25, 2014 at 1:55 pm

i like your website and deeply reading your web different posts and see your workshop space this is good and i like to comment and follow up you thanks for giving your good ideas carry on and make more dough work with more good color combination of colors. keep it up happy to see this

• Reply Creative Mind Khadija | Design a Purse with WashiTape January 26, 2015 at 12:20 pm

[…] planner design washi tape […]