Purse Refashion with ModPodge

By on February 7th, 2013

Thanks for enjoying my easy idea of making the No-sew netting brooch/flower. Here today I will be showing how I use those flowers/brooch for refashioning an old clutch/purse.Have a look here..

mod podge refasioned purse

I did this finally, I was thinking about refashioning this old purse from a while but now its done..

clutch refashion diy

It was a plain red purse but its been long I wasn’t using this one(as I have big collection of  handbags and purses, so this one was ignored)

crystals rhinestones

These crystals were in  my crafty stash & I always try to use these somewhere.. I like all bling stuff ..

purse modpodge refashion

For doing this refashion, all You will need to have is a Purse, Modpodge fabric, Netting fabric, Crystals/rhinestones, Scissor & foam brush.

purse refashion ideas

First for all you will need to measure the appropriate size of netting as your purse shape & design.. or where you want to purse the netting.. Then cut the fabric according to that. Apply mod podge on purse & paste the netting nicely! Then wait 15 minutes & apply another coat of  mod podge over the netting. then let it dry for a few hours.

clutch refashion tutoriaL

after pasting the netting, wait until it gets dry totally! and later you will trim the edges with scissor. then again apply sealer to fix those edges properly.

before after purse refashion

Here it is the before & after image!So what do you think? pink-red-maroon season is ON these days!!

pakistani mod podger

Check the previous post for netting  flower making tutorial

SL731974

I was very excited to get this package from my sweet friend Amy.. who don’t know about her? yes the same Amy of modpodgerocks blog & the author of the book Mod Podge Rocks. I really enjoy her beautiful book filled with creativity.

book

And her sweet words too..

modpodgerocks book

I will recommend you to have this book if you love decoupage & mod podged  stuff. check her super cool creations inside the book.. it would be fun!

I hope you will be enjoying my Modpodged craftiness..I will be sharing more in the future because I have more mod podge now..wohoo..

Hope you enjoyed my today’s post. Have a great day!

33 comments

#1create with momFebruary 7, 2013, 12:39 pm

this a fabulous way to use modpodge

#2FatimahFebruary 7, 2013, 12:50 pm

WOW… it is really amazing khadija… love it.

#3Olga@StardustDecorStyleFebruary 7, 2013, 1:43 pm

Yeap, that’s the kind of DIY I like!

#4Katherines CornerFebruary 7, 2013, 4:41 pm

that looks terrific. Your blog looks great too. Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

#5The style sistersFebruary 7, 2013, 5:27 pm

What a cool idea! Modge podge is so versatile! Come link up to centerpiece Wed on my blog and share this post.
Karin

#6maiteFebruary 7, 2013, 10:56 pm

Menudo cambio lo has dado, me encanta.
Bss.

#7Dr SoniaFebruary 8, 2013, 2:30 am

This is so super awesome Khadija

#8Khadija’s Creative MindFebruary 8, 2013, 10:18 am

#9MonsterscircusFebruary 8, 2013, 7:54 pm

Hi Khadija. WOW my dear, are you just terrific in anything you touches?! it’s so beautiful and nice way to use the modpodge! The books sounds very exciting, can’t wait to see your other modpodge projects :-) have a GREAT weekend!

#10MarilynFebruary 8, 2013, 8:39 pm

What a great mod podge project! Thanks for sharing at the Loving Valentine’s Day Party!

Marilyn

#11JulieFebruary 8, 2013, 8:45 pm

This is another great way to decorate with fabric flowers. I love it. Thanks for linking with Hobbies and Handicrafts.

#12Khadija’s Creative MindFebruary 9, 2013, 10:56 am

Thanks sweet friends.. ;)

#13MarloFebruary 9, 2013, 12:36 pm

Super Cute! Pleas share here:
repurposemylife.com

#14Mrs TFebruary 9, 2013, 7:42 pm

I love this idea! You are so creative! Great job!

#15Diana RamblesFebruary 10, 2013, 2:59 am

Oh my daughter would love this! Super cute! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party

#16Ambreen (Simply Sweet ‘n Savory)February 10, 2013, 1:27 pm

Excellent work, Khadija! I love the look of this purse, very cute.!

#17Michelle LFebruary 10, 2013, 4:31 pm

The lace effect is really pretty! I like how it changes the color in a subtle way. I love the Mod Podge book, I got one, too!

#18RobinFebruary 11, 2013, 4:19 am

I found you from Diana Rambles Party! I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

Robin

#19NanFebruary 11, 2013, 10:55 am

Happy Monday.
I’m your follower,
Visit from Inspire Me Monday Blog Hop,
Would be great if you can visit and link up.
Have a nice day.
Nan

#20Christina PFebruary 12, 2013, 5:16 am

Who doesn’t love an awesome purse refashion! I did a similar one and I just love it!

#21EmilyFebruary 13, 2013, 3:27 am

It’s a great way to turn your old stuff into amazing

#22Khadija’s Creative MindFebruary 13, 2013, 9:09 am

Thanks everyone..have a great day!!

#23craftislandFebruary 13, 2013, 1:01 pm

You site rocks……..Visit my blog for a surprise Khadija…

#24craftislandFebruary 13, 2013, 1:03 pm

Your site is mazing khadija.

Visit my blog for a surprise…….

#25Mrs. Sarah CollerFebruary 13, 2013, 3:30 pm

Super cute—I like your new look, too! Thanks for sharing at my linkup!

#26NancyFebruary 16, 2013, 1:45 am

Modge Podge really does rock! i can’t get enough of it…and now I have an idea for another project!
Thanks for bringing this to the oldies party!

#27becolorfulFebruary 17, 2013, 7:53 pm

I’ve added flowers and ribbon before but leave it to you to think of adding the lace too. This would be such a fun project to do. Thanks for sharing.
p

#28RobinFebruary 18, 2013, 12:13 am

What a great idea, I have a few purses hiding in the back of my closet that you use a good make-over. Thanks for sharing at Fluster’s Creative Muster. Looking forward to seeing what you link up next week.

#29Kristine @the foley famMarch 1, 2013, 8:57 am

The netting fabric adds so much! Love it! Thanks for linkin up!

Kristine from The Foley Fam {unedited} Blog

#30Khadija’s Creative MindMarch 1, 2013, 9:20 am

Thanks A Lot everyone!

#31Patricia TorresMarch 4, 2013, 6:59 am

thats very nice. Lovely makeover.. impressive.. and its simple too!!

#32mahreenMarch 6, 2013, 9:34 am

every thing is very impressive.
you are doing a great job. with love and best wishes
for you KHADIJA

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

How To Make Ceramic Beads Bracelet

How To Make Ceramic Beads Bracelet(5)

I like jewelry & jewelry making too but to be very honest I am not a big fan of Wearing jewelry, I only like wearing Earrings, Rings & Bracelets mostly, So that’s the reason you can see many tutorials on my blog about bracelet making & earrings DIYs, I also have shared many tutorials of

Washi Tape Quick Crafts

Washi Tape Quick Crafts(7)

As I get washi tape rolls in the package, I were excited to try these somewhere, anything easy, quick & fun! so at the moment there was my drawer next to me & in my drawer I found these two things which can be crafted with washi tape quickly.. yeah,, its my Hair catcher &

Henna-Mehndi Design

Henna-Mehndi Design(7)

Henna/Mehndi is one of the most beautiful part of we south Asians culture & tradition. Girls are enjoying henna at different oceans & here mostly girls are really good in henna application..Its always nice to see Mehndi/Henna designs on palms, feet & arms too. I like it even more specially when someone is applying.. isn’t

Freshness Around Me

Freshness Around Me(5)

Hi everyone! Spring is going so good around me, its fresh & beautiful..I am enjoying as usual..it was raining a couple days back & the weather was super awesome! so I thought to take some random clicks & spread the freshness of Pakistan’s spring season with my dear readers.. so check a few of my

Card Making & Paper Flower

Card Making & Paper Flower(7)

Crafting with paper & glue is always interesting. So many ways to decorate with paper, specially if you like paper crafts, then its fun. Card making & embellishing is enjoyable, have you ever tried any? I enjoy creating paper crafts & specially card making, I am also selling my handmade cards. Today I will be

Advertise

Advertise

Sponsors

SwitchAds

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks