Purse Refashion with ModPodge

By on February 7th, 2013

Thanks for enjoying my easy idea of making the No-sew netting brooch/flower. Here today I will be showing how I use those flowers/brooch for refashioning an old clutch/purse.Have a look here..

mod podge refasioned purse

I did this finally, I was thinking about refashioning this old purse from a while but now its done..

clutch refashion diy

It was a plain red purse but its been long I wasn’t using this one(as I have big collection of  handbags and purses, so this one was ignored)

crystals rhinestones

These crystals were in  my crafty stash & I always try to use these somewhere.. I like all bling stuff ..

purse modpodge refashion

For doing this refashion, all You will need to have is a Purse, Modpodge fabric, Netting fabric, Crystals/rhinestones, Scissor & foam brush.

purse refashion ideas

First for all you will need to measure the appropriate size of netting as your purse shape & design.. or where you want to purse the netting.. Then cut the fabric according to that. Apply mod podge on purse & paste the netting nicely! Then wait 15 minutes & apply another coat of  mod podge over the netting. then let it dry for a few hours.

clutch refashion tutoriaL

after pasting the netting, wait until it gets dry totally! and later you will trim the edges with scissor. then again apply sealer to fix those edges properly.

before after purse refashion

Here it is the before & after image!So what do you think? pink-red-maroon season is ON these days!!

pakistani mod podger

Check the previous post for netting  flower making tutorial

SL731974

I was very excited to get this package from my sweet friend Amy.. who don’t know about her? yes the same Amy of modpodgerocks blog & the author of the book Mod Podge Rocks. I really enjoy her beautiful book filled with creativity.

book

And her sweet words too..

modpodgerocks book

I will recommend you to have this book if you love decoupage & mod podged  stuff. check her super cool creations inside the book.. it would be fun!

I hope you will be enjoying my Modpodged craftiness..I will be sharing more in the future because I have more mod podge now..wohoo..

Hope you enjoyed my today’s post. Have a great day!

33 comments

#1create with momFebruary 7, 2013, 12:39 pm

this a fabulous way to use modpodge

#2FatimahFebruary 7, 2013, 12:50 pm

WOW… it is really amazing khadija… love it.

#3Olga@StardustDecorStyleFebruary 7, 2013, 1:43 pm

Yeap, that’s the kind of DIY I like!

#4Katherines CornerFebruary 7, 2013, 4:41 pm

that looks terrific. Your blog looks great too. Thank you for sharing at the hop xo

#5The style sistersFebruary 7, 2013, 5:27 pm

What a cool idea! Modge podge is so versatile! Come link up to centerpiece Wed on my blog and share this post.
Karin

#6maiteFebruary 7, 2013, 10:56 pm

Menudo cambio lo has dado, me encanta.
Bss.

#7Dr SoniaFebruary 8, 2013, 2:30 am

This is so super awesome Khadija

#8Khadija’s Creative MindFebruary 8, 2013, 10:18 am

#9MonsterscircusFebruary 8, 2013, 7:54 pm

Hi Khadija. WOW my dear, are you just terrific in anything you touches?! it’s so beautiful and nice way to use the modpodge! The books sounds very exciting, can’t wait to see your other modpodge projects :-) have a GREAT weekend!

#10MarilynFebruary 8, 2013, 8:39 pm

What a great mod podge project! Thanks for sharing at the Loving Valentine’s Day Party!

Marilyn

#11JulieFebruary 8, 2013, 8:45 pm

This is another great way to decorate with fabric flowers. I love it. Thanks for linking with Hobbies and Handicrafts.

#12Khadija’s Creative MindFebruary 9, 2013, 10:56 am

Thanks sweet friends.. ;)

#13MarloFebruary 9, 2013, 12:36 pm

Super Cute! Pleas share here:
repurposemylife.com

#14Mrs TFebruary 9, 2013, 7:42 pm

I love this idea! You are so creative! Great job!

#15Diana RamblesFebruary 10, 2013, 2:59 am

Oh my daughter would love this! Super cute! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Linky Party

#16Ambreen (Simply Sweet ‘n Savory)February 10, 2013, 1:27 pm

Excellent work, Khadija! I love the look of this purse, very cute.!

#17Michelle LFebruary 10, 2013, 4:31 pm

The lace effect is really pretty! I like how it changes the color in a subtle way. I love the Mod Podge book, I got one, too!

#18RobinFebruary 11, 2013, 4:19 am

I found you from Diana Rambles Party! I host Fluster Creative Muster Party on Wednesdays and I would love it if you would come by and party with us. Hope to see you there!

Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,

Robin

#19NanFebruary 11, 2013, 10:55 am

Happy Monday.
I’m your follower,
Visit from Inspire Me Monday Blog Hop,
Would be great if you can visit and link up.
Have a nice day.
Nan

#20Christina PFebruary 12, 2013, 5:16 am

Who doesn’t love an awesome purse refashion! I did a similar one and I just love it!

#21EmilyFebruary 13, 2013, 3:27 am

It’s a great way to turn your old stuff into amazing

#22Khadija’s Creative MindFebruary 13, 2013, 9:09 am

Thanks everyone..have a great day!!

#23craftislandFebruary 13, 2013, 1:01 pm

You site rocks……..Visit my blog for a surprise Khadija…

#24craftislandFebruary 13, 2013, 1:03 pm

Your site is mazing khadija.

Visit my blog for a surprise…….

#25Mrs. Sarah CollerFebruary 13, 2013, 3:30 pm

Super cute—I like your new look, too! Thanks for sharing at my linkup!

#26NancyFebruary 16, 2013, 1:45 am

Modge Podge really does rock! i can’t get enough of it…and now I have an idea for another project!
Thanks for bringing this to the oldies party!

#27becolorfulFebruary 17, 2013, 7:53 pm

I’ve added flowers and ribbon before but leave it to you to think of adding the lace too. This would be such a fun project to do. Thanks for sharing.
p

#28RobinFebruary 18, 2013, 12:13 am

What a great idea, I have a few purses hiding in the back of my closet that you use a good make-over. Thanks for sharing at Fluster’s Creative Muster. Looking forward to seeing what you link up next week.

#29Kristine @the foley famMarch 1, 2013, 8:57 am

The netting fabric adds so much! Love it! Thanks for linkin up!

Kristine from The Foley Fam {unedited} Blog

#30Khadija’s Creative MindMarch 1, 2013, 9:20 am

Thanks A Lot everyone!

#31Patricia TorresMarch 4, 2013, 6:59 am

thats very nice. Lovely makeover.. impressive.. and its simple too!!

#32mahreenMarch 6, 2013, 9:34 am

every thing is very impressive.
you are doing a great job. with love and best wishes
for you KHADIJA

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Halloween Pumpkin with Henna

Halloween Pumpkin with Henna(29)

These days I can see many fun posts related Fall, Halloween & Pumpkins decore, I enjoy seeing the fun ideas. Every year I also design something with fall theme & its fun to share. Today I am going to share a henna tattoo designed pumpkin as a Halloween or fall project for my readers all

Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY

Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY(53)

My love for vintage stuff is never ending, I collect antiques whenever I get a chance, like international coins & currency, mail stamps and some other random things like this. I design my business planner/dairy cover while keeping the vintage theme in my mind. So here today I am going to share a planner cover

Eid Day Mehndi Designs

Eid Day Mehndi Designs(39)

Girls are always enjoying Henna/Mehndi designs at Eid day, I also like it even its not the Eid day around. But seriously I am not a good henna designer, specially as compared to my dear sister-in-law designs, she is too good in applying mehndi, While checking the phone gallery yesterday, I notice there were some

Decorate Headband with Collage Clay & Beads

Decorate Headband with Collage Clay & Beads(28)

Recently I had a wonderful experience of Crafting with Kids, It was so fun! I enjoyed a lot & feel pleasure while crafting, My Niece is about 7 years old & she have some creative cells inside, so whenever she is visiting us (she lives far away from our city) She is always interested in

Pillows with Fabric Paints and Quilting

Pillows with Fabric Paints and Quilting(18)

During my Textile design studies, I specially enjoyed working with fabric paints & designing,  it’s a really interesting medium for decorating plain fabric with some colors & patterns etc, during that semester when I were studying paints, I work with screen printing, Block printing, silk painting, fabric painting, emboss paints, glitter paints, led work &

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks