How To Glass Paint A Mason Jar-Video Tutorial

DIY

How To Glass Paint A Mason Jar-Video Tutorial

Decorated mason jars looks really cute & trendy. As I love recycling & reusing random things, So decorating bottles, chipped mugs & mason jars is always enjoyable for me. My readers who are following me for years now, They know right how many rough things I have been beautifying with simple creative tricks. Today I am going to share How To Glass Paint Mason Jar. It’s a Video Tutorial & I hope you will enjoy the video.

After sharing my first video tutorial of Decorating a glass jar, I got great feedback & a lot of people asked me to share more videos. I am sorry I am busy with some other tasks & it takes me too long to come up with another video craft tutorial again. Although I made this video 3 months back but editing & other stuff was pending. But finally it’s live today. Have a look please & let me know how is this idea.

How To Glass Paint Mason Jar-Video Tutorial

How To Glass Paint Mason Jar-Video TutorialDo you remember two years back I’ve designed a turquoise mason jar for keeping my paint brushes organized? That tutorial was appreciated by a lot of my dear readers. I have similar another plain jar which I am going to decorate today.

How To Glass Paint Mason Jar-Video TutorialFor decorating a glass jar, You will need these craft supplies first.

A clean glass jar (Remove sticker with warm water)

Paint brush for glass painting.

Glass paints & golden led outliner.

How To Glass Paint Mason Jar-Video Tutorial

Let’s see How To Glass Paint Mason Jar with these few supplies. Enjoy the video below :

How To Glass Paint Mason Jar-Video Tutorial
First you will apply a coat of glass paint on the glass jar & let it dry for almost half an hour.

How To Glass Paint Mason Jar-Video TutorialStart making any design or dots with outliner led. If you are not okay with freehand drawing, You can draw with a pencil & then apply the glass paint led outliner.

How To Glass Paint Mason Jar-Video Tutorial

As I’ve applied freehand design, So I know its not a neat & pretty design. Most of the girls I know are very good in henna designing. I am sure they can try some pretty designs freehand & much better than my design!

How To Glass Paint Mason Jar-Video TutorialYou can use your decorated jar as an organizer for your art supplies, markers, paint brushes or flowers to decorate your space! I am still not sure how I am going to place it in my craft studio shelves.

how to design and decorate glass mason jar video tutorial

Would you like to see some of my other glass painted projects & tutorials? Let’s have a look at some archives DIY posts.

Glass Painted & Decorated Bottles

Glass Painted Food Jar Tutorial

Jar Organizer Glass Paint Tutorial

Glass Planter DIY

I hope you enjoyed my today’s blog post & these DIY ideas from archives. Be sure to share this post on your social media networks. Let me know if any question about blog post or any query related blog collaborations. Looking forward to hear from you!!

Have a great weekend!

Khadija

1. Huda

April 1, 2017 at 8:17 pm

Marvellous ! We can also use spray paints n stencil technique …what do u say….Lovely piece of art though

• Khadija's Creative Mind

April 3, 2017 at 6:43 am

Thank You Huda, Spray paint is a good idea but spray paint will not make it transparent. Otherwise it’s fun :)

2. Pierre

April 2, 2017 at 1:00 pm

I am from Jamaica and I am looking at recycling ideas so I greatly appreciate you sharing this.

• Khadija's Creative Mind

April 3, 2017 at 6:57 am

Hi Pierre,

Nice to hear from you. Recycling is always great idea! I am glad to see you liked it.

3. Rebecca Webb

April 2, 2017 at 5:15 pm

This was really good! I’ve always wanted to try glass painting. I actually bought loads of lovely glass paints a couple of years ago, but never got round to trying it. (I was expecting my twins at the time!). You’ve inspired me to give it a go again now. If my paints aren’t dried out that is! Ha Ha!

• Khadija's Creative Mind

April 3, 2017 at 7:33 am

Oh really? Wow. I hope your glass paints are not yet dried & you can make something similar with these! Be sure to give it a try & don’t forget to show me your version :) I would love to see.

4. Jasmine

April 2, 2017 at 7:56 pm

This looks really neat! I have used alcohol inks in the past to paint glass, I will have to try this way!

• Khadija's Creative Mind

April 3, 2017 at 7:35 am

Thanks Jasmine, I haven’t yet tried alcohol ink but heard about it a lot. Sure try this & then let me know :) In fact show me your version then!

5. Altea Leszczynska

April 3, 2017 at 12:16 am

Oh my Gosh, it looks amazing! I’m a big fan of all the DIY’s, I have to make such a beautiful jar for myself!

• Khadija's Creative Mind

April 3, 2017 at 7:36 am

Thanks Altea, I am glad you liked my idea. DIY something reusable is always more fun! Give it a try soon :)
      Have a great week.

6. Pingback: CraftCrave | DigiFree | CraftCrave

7. Kaycee

April 3, 2017 at 7:50 am

Great post! Cannot wait to try this. I have so many left over mason jars from my wedding. ❤

• Khadija's Creative Mind

April 3, 2017 at 11:08 am

Thanks Kaycee, I would really appreciate if you will reuse those jars & will make something useful :)

8. Michelle L

April 3, 2017 at 3:06 pm

I love watching you draw the design, it’s hypnotic! Great video, K!

9. Gentle Joy Photography

April 5, 2017 at 1:31 pm

Wow, so many possibilities with this idea! Thank you. :)

10. Aileen Stewart

April 7, 2017 at 10:47 am

How pretty. thanks for sharing at the link up.

11. patricia

April 7, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Very pretty. I love to save all my glass jars for ideas just such as this! #fridayfrivolity

12. Beauty Geek

April 13, 2017 at 8:31 pm

So cute, I’m definitely going to give it a try! X

13. Pingback: Have a Hopping Good Time with these Easter memes on Friday Frivolity - Munofore

14. Nay

April 14, 2017 at 2:05 pm

Wow! That’s so pretty! I’m not the slightest artistic but I’d love to at least have a go.

15. Candace

April 14, 2017 at 5:43 pm

Super cute design! I’m always looking for new design/decorating ideas for mason jars, I love them as practical decorations around the house <3

16. Pingback: Creative Khadija Blog Year 2017 DIY-Crafts Recap

17. Pingback: Empty Glass Bottle Recycling Creative Idea and Tutorial by Creative Khadija