My today’s post is not a tutorial,i am going to share one of my textile design based creation ,its a tie & dye post,have you remembered my previous tie & dye work??
If you want to check my tie & dye archives,check these interesting posts,
I hope you will like these above mentioned posts,
I like tie & dye techniques,its one of my favorite DIY because when i saw its final result after dye i always feel good..see my effort now :)
I am sorry i was unable to catch any model or dummy for this.. i was searching for any model,i request my brother but he said straightly; sorry its a girly type shirt & i will not like to wear this..plzz!!
i said take my pic for this & he said another hard thing..you know what?he said; you will appear first time at your blog & In “THIS” boring big shirt??oops..whats the matter..it will not look good at you!!(actually this shirt is a standard sized shirt,not fit on me..)
So finally i thought to post these pics “as it is”i Hope you will bear my fault :)
It is the back side of the shirt..i make vertical lines & then its diagonal lines at front side of the shirt.i use marbling technique for the arms,have a look at the arms design,
I always love the thread impression on cloth in tie n dye..kinda cool..hmmm
- I wash & shrink the white cotton fabric
- I went to a tailor’s shop & order him just for cutting the fabric first,after i dye these cuttings,he stitch the shirt
- I make some pleats on fabric pieces & then fold,wrap & knot all these tightly,with 2 inches gap.
- then i cook the blue color with adding some chemicals
- after cooking well i add the tied & knotted fabric into it
- I cook it almost for half an hour
- then i place the fabric pieces under water pressure in sink so the extra color will release.
- Then i anxiously wait until these pieces dry,
- I reveal the mystery(threads) & then i saw the final result..wohoo..it was fine..perfect as i desire!
- after pressing the pieces i forward these to tailor & he make the dyed scrap into a smart shirt..
Well its completed now..(without model)
I hope you will like my creation,if you want to see any tie & dye tutorial i will try to make any one for you.I am thinking about making a tie & dye cotton shirt for summer with this technique..may be after exams i will do it,lots n lots of things have been postponed due to my exams..oops..what to do now!!!!
Well Take Care Sweeties..