Decoupage

Vintage Design Diary Cover DIY

In my last article, I share a glimpse of my upcoming art work, Today I will be sharing Vintage designed diary decoupage tutorial. Last year when I decoupage my planner, That was a big hit. I am  glad to see that article appreciated by my wonderful readers a lot. So here today I thought to share something similar but at a very small diary!

Let’s read the story below :)

Vintage Design Diary Cover DIY

Can you guess the size of this diary? I bet you can easily but only if you have checked my previous article of Clay Pink Ribbon Bow on Chevron Mug where you can see this small diary placed with a coffee mug storage container, That’s pretty small but looks cute!

I were at a book stationary store where I saw a very small diary, I was not in need of diary these days as I have collected many with time & also have got some as gift. But when I saw colorful pages inside, I thought I should have this diary for making random doodles and designs on it. As it’s very small so I can carry this in my clutch any time! Voila..

So I got it. Price of this diary is half dollar only! Cool ? Let’s decorate it now!

Vintage Design Diary Cover DIY

You can imagine the size here! Even its smaller than a scissors & mod podge small glue bottle.

You will need to gather these supplies for designing this small diary!

Podgeable paper, or scrapbook paper

Mod Podge glue

Scissor & sandpaper stick

And of course a diary :)

Vintage Design Diary Cover DIY

First I cut some vintage inspired motifs from the podgables collection book. This sparrow was exactly according to the size of my small diary, So I cut it along with some other motifs & a quote too! A cage as well as some leafs! Have a look..

How to decoupage diary cover :

First you will need to use sand paper on the surface of diary cover, make it dull so glue will be able to stuck with paper nicely!

Then apply a coat of mod podge glue & start fixing motifs on the surface cover.

Let it dry for a few minutes & then you can coat the surface again ( I didn’t coat though )

I like the dull look more than a shiny one! So I didn’t coat it in the last.

If you are going to coat it, be sure to use sand paper so it will not be sticking together with anything!

Vintage Design Diary Cover DIY

I dedicate this craft for the pink ribbon bow campaign. So here I put some messages for those who are fighting against breast cancer or any other disease. Life is a Journey! So don’t stop Dreaming! Stay calm & peaceful & LOVE yourself first, then love everything.. Keep this message in your mind & be sure to stay positive! Be optimistic.. EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY!! Believe me.. So I would be more than happy if you will be considering this message during your down time!

Vintage Design Diary Cover DIY

This is the other side of the diary! I put some stickers there! COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS! I know..I know life is not easy sometime!Believe me.. I live at the same planet universe with the same hectic-weirdo-nonsense people but no problem at all.. the more you ignore this s*it..the most you will feel relax! So be happy always! God is always here watching us & seeing what’s going! So have faith my friends..

I wish everyone’s life stay peaceful & happy!

Pink Ribbon Bow Campaign

Pink Ribbon Bow Campaign

Life is a journey filled with many blessing! big or small.. blessings are blessings :) So don’t give up friends. It’s not easy to fight against any kind of disease but this too shall pass.. So be strong! be brave & fight against all things making you crazy in life.. Have a healthy life :)

Sorry if I bore you with my random ramblings related life and stuff.. I might not be as optimistic as I usually wrote & pretend..hahaha! I am too funny.. Excuse me!

Here is my previous Planner Decoupage DIY. I hope you will like it :)

You can have a look at my all decoupaged crafts & DIY HERE

Have a great day everyone!

1. Maite

October 16, 2015 at 9:59 am

Siempre es un placer pasar por tu blog para disfrutar de estupendas ideas. Bss.

2. Shumaila

October 16, 2015 at 3:34 pm

Yar its super cute. I love such small cuties. Nice post.

3. pitavola

October 16, 2015 at 4:18 pm

un trabajo muy delicado
    Bsos

4. Michelle L

October 17, 2015 at 4:53 am

So tiny and pretty! I like both sides, but especially the front, it feels very vintage. Please don’t stop rambling, this is your blog and you get to say what you want! I always find your thoughts on life a very good read.

• Khadija's Creative Mind

October 17, 2015 at 8:32 am

Are you serious?? Haha.. I know it’s my space to share my own stuff but I have to keep my readers interest in my mind as well, Otherwise One day I will only be having ONE reader Mrs. Michelle from Los Angeles !
      I will be even loving only one reader though..
      P.S – I miss my dear reader Mrs. Michele Pacey.. Do you know why she stopped blogging?
      Thanks for always reading my blog! Pleasure is all mine :)

5. vinodhini

October 19, 2015 at 7:59 am

khadiya your diary looks cute and thank you for sharing. i love to read your blog.

• Khadija's Creative Mind

October 19, 2015 at 8:52 am

Thank you so much dear Vinodhini, Pleasure is all mine :) Keep reading & enjoying my blog!

6. Denise Wright

October 19, 2015 at 10:28 am

That is so cute! I need to start doing things like this. I feel like I am craft challenged sometimes but I love all things paper and I love that little bird! Really cute stuff!

7. Sherry

October 19, 2015 at 4:44 pm

I would love to create a journal something like this and write in it every day. I don’t and it would be a great thing to start after the kids stop making me so busy!

• Khadija's Creative Mind

October 22, 2015 at 12:25 pm

Sure dear Sherry, you should be trying! In fact you can involve your kids while paper crafting! this will be fun :)

8. Maha

October 21, 2015 at 6:48 am

Cuteee!!! i have a diary like that too….gonna do some decoupage on it…thanks for sharing!!

9. Khadija's Creative Mind

October 22, 2015 at 12:26 pm

Thanks Maha, these dairies are available everywhere these days in good price! Let’s try decoupage now :)

10. Beautiful design!!!! Thank you

11. Holly Lefevre

October 26, 2015 at 6:00 pm

This is darling. I have a soft spot for birds and bird cages. Really beautiful.

• Khadija's Creative Mind

October 27, 2015 at 7:37 am

Thank you Holly, Birds are always pretty & lovely! Thanks for enjoying the post :)

12. Jann Olson

October 27, 2015 at 1:56 am

Such a sweet little diary. I love the items that you chose to decoupage! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

13. All that's Jas

October 27, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Great job on this, Khadija! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Thursday Favorite Things blog hop.