dough making recipe and ideas
Handmade, Polymer clay/Dough, Tutorial

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Hello friends,

How is your winter/holiday season going on? I hope you are enjoying coldness & warmness both sometimes, well I am a fan of winter season..I Love winter..& I always enjoy this great blessing of Allah Almighty..I hope you will be enjoying your time as well..

Today I will share the making of homemade dough for random crafts & jewelry things.Preparing homemade dough is not a difficult job near me, a few days back I was thinking about making some jewelry with dough.. today I will show you how you can make homemade dough for random crafts..Lets see how I did..

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

You will need- 2 cup cornflour,half cup white glue, 1 tbsp Vaseline, 1tsp lemon juice,(it will prevent fungus) btw we have a lemon plant in our backyard area, & this fresh lemon is plucked by me.,

For making dough, Simply mix the glue & lemon juice in cornflour & start making dough. if its going sticky, grease your palms with Vaseline on and off, then again start making dough.

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

When you will see its not getting sticky with your hands, the dough will be done!

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

It must be in smooth & soft condition.

Grease a plastic bag with Vaseline & save the dough in it. be sure to make a tight knot.

Right after making the dough,I thought to try something..I add a drop of Plaid folkart paint in some dough & mix with fingers. so here u can see this pink color out of red paint.

So I make a bracelet with some twists experiment!

Note** Do NOT refrigerate, Don’t bake, Don’t add water.Protect from Air.

Have a look at a few of my Tutorials in archives with almost the same recipe of dough making.

Jewelry Box Embellishment

Hair clip designing

Handmade Earrings

Here it is a sneak peek of my next post(customized Pendant Making)..I hope you will be visiting again for its easy &  fun tutorial..

In chance, if your dough get dried or failed while making, you dont need to worry about it.. create something useful with that trash..

clay dough crafts paper weight makingClay/Dough Paperweight Tutorial

Have a wonderful day..!!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

• Reply aarti June 30, 2015 at 10:58 am

hi am aarti…my dough is getting very hard,so pls help me..nw what should i do to get my dough smooth…

• Reply adan emaan August 9, 2015 at 11:06 pm

hello Khadija,
    I love to read your blog.your DIY’s are awesome.i love to work with dough thanks for the recipe.

• Reply Eva December 17, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Instead of lemon juice I use mint extract it lasts forever

• Reply adeel ahmad January 4, 2016 at 9:08 am

I want to purchase your jewelry for my shop
    but I am little confused about its quallity :(

• Reply How To Make Pistachio Shell Art and Craft Ideas February 5, 2016 at 5:51 pm

[…] I hope you enjoyed my today’s fun idea. It’s very easy craft & looks cute. I am sure if you will be trying this, You will love it. If you don’t have collage clay, You can also try this with homemade dough/clay. Simply fill the space with a layer of dough/clay & fix pistachios on it. Find tutorial of my homemade clay/dough HERE. […]

• Reply Amima August 9, 2016 at 11:43 am

Can you please tell me the best adhesive for jewelry making

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind August 9, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Hi Amima, I use UHU transparent glue for jewelry. Silicon with hot glue gun works well but you need to work carefully with it. Movileth German glue is best for dough & clay.

• Reply Anum November 10, 2016 at 8:14 am

I try your same dough recipe with same measurements half cup glue and 2cups of cornflour dough is good but no any elasticity in it I m so worry about how can I use this dough for making flowers for jewellery .you tell me this dough have elasticity or not plz reply soon

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind November 10, 2016 at 8:43 am

Hi Anum, Thanks for the feedback. Are you sure you have knead the dough properly? I guess you overheat the dough. You just need to heat it a little. Try adding half tbsp glue and knead again by greasing your hands with Vaseline petroleum jelly. I hope this will be fixed.

Let me know after trying these tips. I hope your dough will be perfect!

1 4 5 6