Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Hello friends,

How is your winter/holiday season going on? I hope you are enjoying coldness & warmness both sometimes, well I am a fan of winter season..I Love winter..& I always enjoy this great blessing of Allah Almighty..I hope you will be enjoying your time as well..

Today I will share the making of homemade dough for random crafts & jewelry things.Preparing homemade dough is not a difficult job near me, a few days back I was thinking about making some jewelry with dough.. today I will show you how you can make homemade dough for random crafts..Lets see how I did..

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

You will need- 2 cup cornflour,half cup white glue, 1 tbsp Vaseline, 1tsp lemon juice,(it will prevent fungus) btw we have a lemon plant in our backyard area, & this fresh lemon is plucked by me.,

For making dough, Simply mix the glue & lemon juice in cornflour & start making dough. if its going sticky, grease your palms with Vaseline on and off, then again start making dough.

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

When you will see its not getting sticky with your hands, the dough will be done!

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

It must be in smooth & soft condition.

Grease a plastic bag with Vaseline & save the dough in it. be sure to make a tight knot.

Right after making the dough,I thought to try something..I add a drop of Plaid folkart paint in some dough & mix with fingers. so here u can see this pink color out of red paint.

So I make a bracelet with some twists experiment!

Note** Do NOT refrigerate, Don’t bake, Don’t add water.Protect from Air.

Have a look at a few of my Tutorials in archives with almost the same recipe of dough making.

Jewelry Box Embellishment

Hair clip designing

Handmade Earrings

Here it is a sneak peek of my next post(customized Pendant Making)..I hope you will be visiting again for its easy &  fun tutorial..

In chance, if your dough get dried or failed while making, you dont need to worry about it.. create something useful with that trash..

clay dough crafts paper weight makingClay/Dough Paperweight Tutorial

Have a wonderful day..!!

I am Khadija Kiran, A girl blogger & Art student, I love sharing my easy DIY & craft ideas. I blog about handmade crafts & things.

1. Shang J.  /  December 11, 2012, 12:12 pm Reply

This is interesting and helpful. Thanks! x

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 11, 2012, 4:26 pm Reply

Thank you Shang!!

2. torviewtoronto  /  December 11, 2012, 12:46 pm Reply

lovely post Kadhija beautiful things you have made

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 11, 2012, 4:26 pm Reply

Thanks for enjoying my creations!

3. cassie  /  December 11, 2012, 1:35 pm Reply

wow, your dough skills rock! my projects have never looked that awesome!

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 11, 2012, 5:22 pm Reply

Thank You Cassie, Sometimes I create really neat things but sometimes its a mess only ..hehe

4. Divya N  /  December 11, 2012, 1:48 pm Reply

I really like this bangle you have done…did you seal it in anyway for stability??

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 11, 2012, 4:28 pm Reply

Thanks Divya, And I haven’t sealed it yet with anything but I am thinking about adding some glitter..

5. Diana  /  December 11, 2012, 2:09 pm Reply

Beautiful!

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 11, 2012, 4:28 pm Reply

Thanks Diana

6. smartmania  /  December 11, 2012, 2:33 pm Reply

Very nice!! Best regards from Greece!!

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 11, 2012, 4:29 pm Reply

so sweet of you, Love from Pakistan..

7. michele  /  December 11, 2012, 3:02 pm Reply

thanks for this recipe! it’s different from doughs I have made so I will have to try it out!

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 11, 2012, 4:29 pm Reply

Oh yes, sure..give it a try & you will like the result :)

8. Michelle L  /  December 11, 2012, 3:58 pm Reply

Love the pink version! This seems like a very cool recipe with simple ingredients. I have a lemon tree, too!

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 11, 2012, 4:31 pm Reply

Thanks Mich..and I have a small lemon plant but its always filled with lemons :)

9. divya  /  December 11, 2012, 6:43 pm Reply

looks awesome..

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 12, 2012, 9:23 am Reply

Thank You divya..

10. Debi @ Adorned From Above  /  December 12, 2012, 12:33 am Reply

I love this. I’m pinning it now. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 12, 2012, 9:23 am Reply

Thank you, I would love to share more ;)

11. J.Rae  /  December 12, 2012, 2:50 am Reply

I featured you on my blog

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 12, 2012, 9:24 am Reply

Awww..thanks a bunch :D

12. Faiza Qaiser  /  December 12, 2012, 12:28 pm Reply

I am writing down this recipe, need to do this ASAP . I have an old mirror in my home and i think i will decorate its sides with some roses, flowers and leaves. Thank you for the method :)

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 12, 2012, 1:37 pm Reply

Good, I would like to see your creations..feel free to send me via email whenever you will create something :) I am also thinking about decorating a mirror ..

13. Dr Sonia  /  December 12, 2012, 4:35 pm Reply

Awesome tutorial Khadija.Like you I too love clay crafts!

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 13, 2012, 8:27 am Reply

Agree..thanks Sonia & its a very easy version of making dough :)

14. Gwen  /  December 14, 2012, 9:37 am Reply

This tutorial makes me so happy :)

I’m a new follower from Thumping Thursday bloghop.
    Have a good weekend!

xo,

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 16, 2012, 8:54 am Reply

Thanks dear..always stay happy ;)

15. Ambreen  /  December 14, 2012, 10:41 am Reply

That sound so easy to make! Khadija, great tutorial & wonderful projects!

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 16, 2012, 8:54 am Reply

Thank you Ambreen..

16. Yona  /  December 14, 2012, 6:50 pm Reply

Oh wow – have to pin this for later. That is really amazing that you can create art from the homemade recipe…gotta try this one day.

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 16, 2012, 8:55 am Reply

Thanks for the visit & for enjoying my work. have fun!

17. Dila  /  December 15, 2012, 9:54 pm Reply

★ ♫♫

Passei para uma visitinha.
    Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil

♫♫♫♫

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 16, 2012, 8:55 am Reply

thank you dear..

18. Mariam (muslimarvels.tumblr.com)  /  December 16, 2012, 3:03 am Reply

Salaam alaikum sister Khadijah,

I hope you still remember me for I haven’t forgotten thee :)

Stay in touch, sister Khadijah :) this was, as always, an interesting post Masha-Allah!

Can I ask you how you managed to get your own website creativekhadijah.com???

I’d love to hear from you insha-Allah sister in Islam :)

May Allah always guide us to what He (Allah) loves and keep us away from what He (Allah) hates, sister Khadijah. Ameen. Love you for the sake of Allah, sis Khadijah :)

Take care and wasalaam

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 16, 2012, 9:00 am Reply

Walaikum Assalam dear sis..
      Thank you Mariam for the sweeeet comment, MashaAllah you are so sweet..
      I have a co-admin for this website & I am not doing this all alone..but I want to do so many important things with the webpage but my co-admin is a bit lazy/busy..so I am poor at this sometimes..

Thanks for asking about & I hope you are doing well..take care..

19. Katherines Corner  /  December 16, 2012, 6:18 pm Reply

I have never seen that formula before. Beautiful results. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 17, 2012, 6:49 pm Reply

Thanks Katherine :)

20. Diana @ Nanny2Mommy  /  December 17, 2012, 12:45 am Reply

Thank you for tutorial and sharing at Thumping Thursdays Blog Hop.

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 17, 2012, 6:49 pm Reply

Always welcome!

21. Dough Pendant Making & Mod Podge DM  /  December 17, 2012, 10:38 am Reply

[...] UsFeatured OnAboutDough Pendant Making & Mod Podge DM Hello all,Have you tried my recipe of homemade dough till now? I have shared the sneak peek of my today’s post there..so now you will see how you [...]

22. The Busy Bee's  /  December 17, 2012, 6:33 pm Reply

Thank you for linking up to the blog hop Adorned From Above. We are co-hosting and appreciate you joining the party! Have a great day!
    Host: Debi @ adornedfromabove.com
    Co-Host: Joye & Myrna @ thebusybhive.blogspot.com
    Co-Host: Linda @ withablast.com

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 17, 2012, 6:50 pm Reply

Thank You.. I will be visiting you all :)

23. Stacey  /  December 18, 2012, 3:36 am Reply

Very clever!
    Thanks for linking up to the party!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 19, 2012, 8:47 am Reply

Welcome dear!

24. Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .com  /  December 18, 2012, 11:05 pm Reply

Wow. THANK YOU for sharing your recipe. Thank you for linking it up at the linky party

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 19, 2012, 8:49 am Reply

Thanks Rose! have fun :)

25. Rebekah  /  December 22, 2012, 10:21 pm Reply

Looks great! I have a question. When you make your piece of jewelry with this dough, do you just let the dough air dry? How long does it usually take for the piece to be ready to wear?

• Khadija's Creative Mind  /  December 24, 2012, 10:11 am Reply

Thanks & yes,air dried.. after creating any piece of jewelry, I just leave it for a few hours & for the best result 12 hours time is OK..!!

26. Clay Keyring Tutorial - Creative Mind Khadija  /  February 26, 2013, 6:16 pm Reply

[...] with clay/dough & some bling..actually I use some broken pieces & made something New.. after all some break [...]

27. Clay Beads Earrings - Creative Mind Khadija  /  March 23, 2013, 8:34 am Reply

[...] with clay/dough is fun, although its not an easy job but if you are interested in creating things with clay then its [...]

28. mahay  /  May 17, 2013, 3:13 pm Reply

its so easy and nice method. Thank u so much sweet heart. Can i use food colors in case if i dont find ur mentioned colors? Secondly how long it can be used after packing in plastic bag?

29. Chiquita  /  August 16, 2013, 7:13 pm Reply

Hello just wanted to know. If the dough hardens and dries without cracking???? And if you can paint it while still moist????? Need for a church craft for the kids. Thanks in advance

30. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  August 17, 2013, 10:34 am Reply

Mahay,
    Yes dear you can use food colors too,(available in powder form.)
    And they can be used for 3,4 months if packed in air tight bag & jar.

Chiquita;
    The dough will not be cracking after getting dry.and if you feel moist dont paint, let it dry, then paint :)

Thanks everyone!!

31. Jette  /  September 7, 2013, 2:47 am Reply

I want to make ‘fossils’ with kids for my son’s 4th birthday, will this work for that?

32. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  September 14, 2013, 11:03 am Reply

Hi Jette;
    sorry for being late, well I m not sure what kind of fossils you wanna make? I think it would be ok otherwise..

33. hibba  /  October 23, 2013, 1:06 pm Reply

Mam can you please tell me k aap ki jewelry main glossy or shiny look kaisay ati ha I mean aap end pay apni jewelry per kya use karti hain ?

34. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  October 23, 2013, 3:23 pm Reply

Hi Hibba, I use mod podge gloss jiski waja sy shine ajati hy dough pr, mod podge to available nehi hy pk me, ap lacquer spray use kr skti ho for is purpose.. I hope it helps :)

35. cynthia  /  November 20, 2013, 8:18 am Reply

hi ur post seems to be very interesting .. and i feel that i should try it out one day . but i have a doubt do we have to heat it ?? i mean the glue lemon and the cornflour mix??? and can we use fevicol??? plz do reply..

36. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  November 21, 2013, 9:17 am Reply

Hi Cynthia,
    Heating this dough is not compulsory but if you will do it for a few seconds, it will be getting smoother..
    And I can not recommend fevicol, because I have never tried with that..
    Thanks :)

37. […] once upon a time I made some Homemade Dough for crafts & jewelry type things, and I made a few things too but later I totally forgot that I […]

38. Punitha  /  December 27, 2013, 10:42 am Reply

Dear Khadiga
    This Dough clay recipes are really interesting can you kindly answer how to make designs by using dough clay. Is any molds available for designs? and any other alternative is available for colouring?
    Thanks & Regards
    V.punitha

39. […] making this clay/dough keychain, you will need to have some dough with the texture over it. then let it […]

40. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  January 3, 2014, 5:16 pm Reply

Punitha;
    Hi..you can create different designs with cutters which are usually used for cooking & baking.. you can also mix any fabric colors in the dough. be sure to not to have any water based color in it.
    Thank you.

41. lesflo12  /  February 22, 2014, 3:36 pm Reply

Do you just air dry this to make it hard? Do you have to varnish it after it dries?

42. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  February 23, 2014, 8:18 am Reply

Yes Lesflo12, I only air dry these.no baking or any other way! And for varnish, when it will get dry, apply a single coat of modpodge gloss. I did it.

43. lesflo12  /  February 23, 2014, 6:36 pm Reply

Thank you so much, for returning my questions answer, so promptly, I appreciate it immensely. I would love to try this as soon as possible just need to buy the glue and then I will try it, can’t wait!!! Yay! And thank you again Khadija, you are truly fantastic!

44. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  February 25, 2014, 11:52 am Reply

So nice of you :) Thanks! Let me know/show whatever you done with your handmade dough.

45. soni  /  March 22, 2014, 7:15 am Reply

i made dough but it does’t shine………. what i do…? :(

46. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  March 22, 2014, 10:20 am Reply

soni ;
    for the shine, I apply mod podge gloss on the dough creation. so try any sealer glue & see if it works for you!
    Thanks soni :)

47. […] flowers with dough/clay is really a fun idea.. They look nice in small sizes as well as big.  Today I will be sharing the […]

48. marium  /  April 9, 2014, 10:46 am Reply

hi h r u khadija
    want to know we will cook the dough or not??????
    n tell me what is lacquer spray?

49. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  April 9, 2014, 11:05 am Reply

Hi Marium,
    I am fine Alhamdulillah.
    You don’t need to cook or bake this dough, and a lacquer spray is kind of varnish. for shine and sealing the surface!

50. tabi  /  June 1, 2014, 7:13 am Reply

HEY KHADIJA, DO YOU TAKE DOUGH JEWELLERY CLASSES ?? I LIKE YOUR WORK AND WANT TO LEARN IT!!!! KINDLY LET ME KNOW.

51. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  June 1, 2014, 7:20 am Reply

Hi Tabi;
    I am teaching online..so you can learn from my website easily :)

52. How Can I Recipe For Katayef Dough | Pizza Cooking  /  June 13, 2014, 11:40 am Reply

[…] typical recommended is 120 mg, consumed. Contrary to population was that the most effective then we titled drive; Meat and extends himself periodically carried out. A sensible diet food With health […]

53. […] the need to the choice make similar, and as well as cheap chef at home pizza recipe your preference and have too. Addiction is, are your controlling your intuition can serve […]

54. jiya  /  September 23, 2014, 11:16 am Reply

hi Khadija plz tell m ur website link i wana sum details

55. Khadija's Creative Mind  /  September 23, 2014, 1:16 pm Reply

hey Jiya check me here;

you can e-mail me also;
    kkcreativemind at hotmail dot com

56. […] Fix some pearls with a chain & made this bracelet.. I have some homemade clay preserved in my craft room drawer, which was now getting dry(I made that 6 months back).. so I […]

57. […] So there must be some eggs inside the nest, Right? so here you can see how to make birds eggs out of dough or clay. […]