dough making recipe and ideas
Handmade, Polymer clay/Dough, Tutorial

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Hello friends,

How is your winter/holiday season going on? I hope you are enjoying coldness & warmness both sometimes, well I am a fan of winter season..I Love winter..& I always enjoy this great blessing of Allah Almighty..I hope you will be enjoying your time as well..

Today I will share the making of homemade dough for random crafts & jewelry things.Preparing homemade dough is not a difficult job near me, a few days back I was thinking about making some jewelry with dough.. today I will show you how you can make homemade dough for random crafts..Lets see how I did..

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

You will need- 2 cup cornflour,half cup white glue, 1 tbsp Vaseline, 1tsp lemon juice,(it will prevent fungus) btw we have a lemon plant in our backyard area, & this fresh lemon is plucked by me.,

For making dough, Simply mix the glue & lemon juice in cornflour & start making dough. if its going sticky, grease your palms with Vaseline on and off, then again start making dough.

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

When you will see its not getting sticky with your hands, the dough will be done!

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

It must be in smooth & soft condition.

Grease a plastic bag with Vaseline & save the dough in it. be sure to make a tight knot.

Right after making the dough,I thought to try something..I add a drop of Plaid folkart paint in some dough & mix with fingers. so here u can see this pink color out of red paint.

So I make a bracelet with some twists experiment!

Note** Do NOT refrigerate, Don’t bake, Don’t add water.Protect from Air.

Have a look at a few of my Tutorials in archives with almost the same recipe of dough making.

Jewelry Box Embellishment

Hair clip designing

Handmade Earrings

Here it is a sneak peek of my next post(customized Pendant Making)..I hope you will be visiting again for its easy &  fun tutorial..

In chance, if your dough get dried or failed while making, you dont need to worry about it.. create something useful with that trash..

clay dough crafts paper weight makingClay/Dough Paperweight Tutorial

Have a wonderful day..!!

Previous Post Next Post

You Might Also Like

• Reply Shang J. December 11, 2012 at 12:12 pm

This is interesting and helpful. Thanks! x

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 11, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Thank you Shang!!

• Reply torviewtoronto December 11, 2012 at 12:46 pm

lovely post Kadhija beautiful things you have made

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 11, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Thanks for enjoying my creations!

• Reply cassie December 11, 2012 at 1:35 pm

wow, your dough skills rock! my projects have never looked that awesome!

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 11, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Thank You Cassie, Sometimes I create really neat things but sometimes its a mess only ..hehe

• Reply Divya N December 11, 2012 at 1:48 pm

I really like this bangle you have done…did you seal it in anyway for stability??

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 11, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Thanks Divya, And I haven’t sealed it yet with anything but I am thinking about adding some glitter..

• Reply Diana December 11, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Beautiful!

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 11, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Thanks Diana

• Reply smartmania December 11, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Very nice!! Best regards from Greece!!

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 11, 2012 at 4:29 pm

so sweet of you, Love from Pakistan..

• Reply michele December 11, 2012 at 3:02 pm

thanks for this recipe! it’s different from doughs I have made so I will have to try it out!

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 11, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Oh yes, sure..give it a try & you will like the result :)

• Reply Michelle L December 11, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Love the pink version! This seems like a very cool recipe with simple ingredients. I have a lemon tree, too!

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 11, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Thanks Mich..and I have a small lemon plant but its always filled with lemons :)

• Reply divya December 11, 2012 at 6:43 pm

looks awesome..

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 12, 2012 at 9:23 am

Thank You divya..

• Reply Debi @ Adorned From Above December 12, 2012 at 12:33 am

I love this. I’m pinning it now. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 12, 2012 at 9:23 am

Thank you, I would love to share more ;)

• Reply J.Rae December 12, 2012 at 2:50 am

I featured you on my blog

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 12, 2012 at 9:24 am

Awww..thanks a bunch :D

• Reply Faiza Qaiser December 12, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I am writing down this recipe, need to do this ASAP . I have an old mirror in my home and i think i will decorate its sides with some roses, flowers and leaves. Thank you for the method :)

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 12, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Good, I would like to see your creations..feel free to send me via email whenever you will create something :) I am also thinking about decorating a mirror ..

• Reply Dr Sonia December 12, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Awesome tutorial Khadija.Like you I too love clay crafts!

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 13, 2012 at 8:27 am

Agree..thanks Sonia & its a very easy version of making dough :)

• Reply Gwen December 14, 2012 at 9:37 am

This tutorial makes me so happy :)

I’m a new follower from Thumping Thursday bloghop.
    Have a good weekend!

xo,

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 16, 2012 at 8:54 am

Thanks dear..always stay happy ;)

• Reply Ambreen December 14, 2012 at 10:41 am

That sound so easy to make! Khadija, great tutorial & wonderful projects!

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 16, 2012 at 8:54 am

Thank you Ambreen..

• Reply Yona December 14, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Oh wow – have to pin this for later. That is really amazing that you can create art from the homemade recipe…gotta try this one day.

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 16, 2012 at 8:55 am

Thanks for the visit & for enjoying my work. have fun!

• Reply Dila December 15, 2012 at 9:54 pm

★ ♫♫

Passei para uma visitinha.
    Bom fim de semana!
    Beijinhos.
    Brasil

♫♫♫♫

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 16, 2012 at 8:55 am

thank you dear..

• Reply Mariam (muslimarvels.tumblr.com) December 16, 2012 at 3:03 am

Salaam alaikum sister Khadijah,

I hope you still remember me for I haven’t forgotten thee :)

Stay in touch, sister Khadijah :) this was, as always, an interesting post Masha-Allah!

Can I ask you how you managed to get your own website creativekhadijah.com???

I’d love to hear from you insha-Allah sister in Islam :)

May Allah always guide us to what He (Allah) loves and keep us away from what He (Allah) hates, sister Khadijah. Ameen. Love you for the sake of Allah, sis Khadijah :)

Take care and wasalaam

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 16, 2012 at 9:00 am

Walaikum Assalam dear sis..
      Thank you Mariam for the sweeeet comment, MashaAllah you are so sweet..
      I have a co-admin for this website & I am not doing this all alone..but I want to do so many important things with the webpage but my co-admin is a bit lazy/busy..so I am poor at this sometimes..

Thanks for asking about & I hope you are doing well..take care..

• Reply Katherines Corner December 16, 2012 at 6:18 pm

I have never seen that formula before. Beautiful results. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 17, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Thanks Katherine :)

• Reply Diana @ Nanny2Mommy December 17, 2012 at 12:45 am

Thank you for tutorial and sharing at Thumping Thursdays Blog Hop.

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 17, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Always welcome!

• Reply Dough Pendant Making & Mod Podge DM December 17, 2012 at 10:38 am

[…] UsFeatured OnAboutDough Pendant Making & Mod Podge DM Hello all,Have you tried my recipe of homemade dough till now? I have shared the sneak peek of my today’s post there..so now you will see how you […]

• Reply The Busy Bee's December 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Thank you for linking up to the blog hop Adorned From Above. We are co-hosting and appreciate you joining the party! Have a great day!
    Host: Debi @ adornedfromabove.com
    Co-Host: Joye & Myrna @ thebusybhive.blogspot.com
    Co-Host: Linda @ withablast.com

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 17, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Thank You.. I will be visiting you all :)

• Reply Stacey December 18, 2012 at 3:36 am

Very clever!
    Thanks for linking up to the party!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 19, 2012 at 8:47 am

Welcome dear!

• Reply Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .com December 18, 2012 at 11:05 pm

Wow. THANK YOU for sharing your recipe. Thank you for linking it up at the linky party

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 19, 2012 at 8:49 am

Thanks Rose! have fun :)

• Reply Rebekah December 22, 2012 at 10:21 pm

Looks great! I have a question. When you make your piece of jewelry with this dough, do you just let the dough air dry? How long does it usually take for the piece to be ready to wear?

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind December 24, 2012 at 10:11 am

Thanks & yes,air dried.. after creating any piece of jewelry, I just leave it for a few hours & for the best result 12 hours time is OK..!!

• Reply Clay Keyring Tutorial - Creative Mind Khadija February 26, 2013 at 6:16 pm

[…] with clay/dough & some bling..actually I use some broken pieces & made something New.. after all some break […]

• Reply Clay Beads Earrings - Creative Mind Khadija March 23, 2013 at 8:34 am

[…] with clay/dough is fun, although its not an easy job but if you are interested in creating things with clay then its […]

• Reply mahay May 17, 2013 at 3:13 pm

its so easy and nice method. Thank u so much sweet heart. Can i use food colors in case if i dont find ur mentioned colors? Secondly how long it can be used after packing in plastic bag?

• Reply Chiquita August 16, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Hello just wanted to know. If the dough hardens and dries without cracking???? And if you can paint it while still moist????? Need for a church craft for the kids. Thanks in advance

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind August 17, 2013 at 10:34 am

Mahay,
    Yes dear you can use food colors too,(available in powder form.)
    And they can be used for 3,4 months if packed in air tight bag & jar.

Chiquita;
    The dough will not be cracking after getting dry.and if you feel moist dont paint, let it dry, then paint :)

Thanks everyone!!

• Reply Jette September 7, 2013 at 2:47 am

I want to make ‘fossils’ with kids for my son’s 4th birthday, will this work for that?

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind September 14, 2013 at 11:03 am

Hi Jette;
    sorry for being late, well I m not sure what kind of fossils you wanna make? I think it would be ok otherwise..

• Reply hibba October 23, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Mam can you please tell me k aap ki jewelry main glossy or shiny look kaisay ati ha I mean aap end pay apni jewelry per kya use karti hain ?

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind October 23, 2013 at 3:23 pm

Hi Hibba, I use mod podge gloss jiski waja sy shine ajati hy dough pr, mod podge to available nehi hy pk me, ap lacquer spray use kr skti ho for is purpose.. I hope it helps :)

• Reply cynthia November 20, 2013 at 8:18 am

hi ur post seems to be very interesting .. and i feel that i should try it out one day . but i have a doubt do we have to heat it ?? i mean the glue lemon and the cornflour mix??? and can we use fevicol??? plz do reply..

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind November 21, 2013 at 9:17 am

Hi Cynthia,
    Heating this dough is not compulsory but if you will do it for a few seconds, it will be getting smoother..
    And I can not recommend fevicol, because I have never tried with that..
    Thanks :)

• Reply PaperWeight Making From Trash To Treasure - Creative Mind Khadija December 16, 2013 at 1:32 pm

[…] once upon a time I made some Homemade Dough for crafts & jewelry type things, and I made a few things too but later I totally forgot that I […]

• Reply Punitha December 27, 2013 at 10:42 am

Dear Khadiga
    This Dough clay recipes are really interesting can you kindly answer how to make designs by using dough clay. Is any molds available for designs? and any other alternative is available for colouring?
    Thanks & Regards
    V.punitha

• Reply Keyring/Pendant Making With Dough - Creative Mind Khadija January 3, 2014 at 5:10 pm

[…] making this clay/dough keychain, you will need to have some dough with the texture over it. then let it […]

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind January 3, 2014 at 5:16 pm

Punitha;
    Hi..you can create different designs with cutters which are usually used for cooking & baking.. you can also mix any fabric colors in the dough. be sure to not to have any water based color in it.
    Thank you.

• Reply lesflo12 February 22, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Do you just air dry this to make it hard? Do you have to varnish it after it dries?

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind February 23, 2014 at 8:18 am

Yes Lesflo12, I only air dry these.no baking or any other way! And for varnish, when it will get dry, apply a single coat of modpodge gloss. I did it.

• Reply lesflo12 February 23, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Thank you so much, for returning my questions answer, so promptly, I appreciate it immensely. I would love to try this as soon as possible just need to buy the glue and then I will try it, can’t wait!!! Yay! And thank you again Khadija, you are truly fantastic!

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind February 25, 2014 at 11:52 am

So nice of you :) Thanks! Let me know/show whatever you done with your handmade dough.

• Reply soni March 22, 2014 at 7:15 am

i made dough but it does’t shine………. what i do…? :(

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind March 22, 2014 at 10:20 am

soni ;
    for the shine, I apply mod podge gloss on the dough creation. so try any sealer glue & see if it works for you!
    Thanks soni :)

• Reply How To Make Dough Flowers Part-1 - Creative Mind Khadija March 24, 2014 at 11:32 am

[…] flowers with dough/clay is really a fun idea.. They look nice in small sizes as well as big.  Today I will be sharing the […]

• Reply marium April 9, 2014 at 10:46 am

hi h r u khadija
    want to know we will cook the dough or not??????
    n tell me what is lacquer spray?

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind April 9, 2014 at 11:05 am

Hi Marium,
    I am fine Alhamdulillah.
    You don’t need to cook or bake this dough, and a lacquer spray is kind of varnish. for shine and sealing the surface!

• Reply tabi June 1, 2014 at 7:13 am

HEY KHADIJA, DO YOU TAKE DOUGH JEWELLERY CLASSES ?? I LIKE YOUR WORK AND WANT TO LEARN IT!!!! KINDLY LET ME KNOW.

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind June 1, 2014 at 7:20 am

Hi Tabi;
    I am teaching online..so you can learn from my website easily :)

• Reply How Can I Recipe For Katayef Dough | Pizza Cooking June 13, 2014 at 11:40 am

[…] typical recommended is 120 mg, consumed. Contrary to population was that the most effective then we titled drive; Meat and extends himself periodically carried out. A sensible diet food With health […]

• Reply Buy Healthy Baking Recipes Low Calorie | Pizza Cooking June 24, 2014 at 8:26 pm

[…] the need to the choice make similar, and as well as cheap chef at home pizza recipe your preference and have too. Addiction is, are your controlling your intuition can serve […]

• Reply jiya September 23, 2014 at 11:16 am

hi Khadija plz tell m ur website link i wana sum details

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind September 23, 2014 at 1:16 pm

hey Jiya check me here;

you can e-mail me also;
    kkcreativemind at hotmail dot com

• Reply Creative Mind Khadija | Pearls & Clay Charm Bracelet October 28, 2014 at 9:35 am

[…] Fix some pearls with a chain & made this bracelet.. I have some homemade clay preserved in my craft room drawer, which was now getting dry(I made that 6 months back).. so I […]

• Reply Creative Mind Khadija | Spring Nest Making with Jute October 28, 2014 at 6:42 pm

[…] So there must be some eggs inside the nest, Right? so here you can see how to make birds eggs out of dough or clay. […]

• Reply Michelle January 25, 2015 at 10:09 pm

Hi! Is cornflour the same as cornstarch in the us?

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind January 26, 2015 at 8:30 am

Cornflour is different from corn starch actually! but you can try with cornstarch, that will be fine as well.

• Reply aarti jain June 30, 2015 at 10:51 am

hi am aarti…my dough is getting very hard,so pls help me..nw what should i do to get my dough smooth…

• Reply Khadija's Creative Mind June 30, 2015 at 11:28 am

Hi Aarti,
      Were you trying my above recipe of homemade dough? If yes then add one tbsp glue and knead well again and see if it gets smooth! then apply vaseline to your hands and start kneading well again. I hope your dough (if you tried my recipe) will be getting perfect again!
      Let me know then :)
      Thank you.

• Reply aarti jain June 30, 2015 at 10:54 am

• Reply aarti June 30, 2015 at 10:58 am

• Reply Diy Christmas Gifts Youtube | Cristmas Gift July 28, 2015 at 1:57 pm

[…] | Read Sources […]

• Reply adan emaan August 9, 2015 at 11:06 pm

hello Khadija,
    I love to read your blog.your DIY’s are awesome.i love to work with dough thanks for the recipe.