Homemade Dough/Clay Recipe

By on December 11th, 2012

Hello friends,

How is your winter/holiday season going on? I hope you are enjoying coldness & warmness both sometimes, well I am a fan of winter season..I Love winter..& I always enjoy this great blessing of Allah Almighty..I hope you will be enjoying your time as well..

Today I will share the making of homemade dough for random crafts & jewelry things.Preparing homemade dough is not a difficult job near me, a few days back I was thinking about making some jewelry with dough.. today I will show you how you can make homemade dough for random crafts..Lets see how I did..

You will need- 2 cup cornflour,half cup white glue, 1 tbsp Vaseline, 1tsp lemon juice,(it will prevent fungus) btw we have a lemon plant in our backyard area, & this fresh lemon is plucked by me.,

For making dough, Simply mix the glue & lemon juice in cornflour & start making dough. if its going sticky, grease your palms with Vaseline on and off, then again start making dough.

When you will see its not getting sticky with your hands, the dough will be done!

It must be in smooth & soft condition.

Grease a plastic bag with Vaseline & save the dough in it. be sure to make a tight knot.

Right after making the dough,I thought to try something..I add a drop of Plaid folkart paint in some dough & mix with fingers. so here u can see this pink color out of red paint.

So I make a bracelet with some twists experiment!

Note** Do NOT refrigerate, Don’t bake, Don’t add water.Protect from Air.

Have a look at a few of my Tutorials in archives with almost the same recipe of dough making.

Jewelry Box Embellishment

Hair clip designing

Handmade Earrings

Here it is a sneak peek of my next post(customized Pendant Making)..I hope you will be visiting again for its easy &  fun tutorial..

In chance, if your dough get dried or failed while making, you dont need to worry about it.. create something useful with that trash..

clay dough crafts paper weight making

Clay/Dough Paperweight Tutorial

Have a wonderful day..!!

77 comments

#1Shang J.December 11, 2012, 12:12 pm

This is interesting and helpful. Thanks! x

#2Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 11, 2012, 4:26 pm

Thank you Shang!!

#3torviewtorontoDecember 11, 2012, 12:46 pm

lovely post Kadhija beautiful things you have made

#4Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 11, 2012, 4:26 pm

Thanks for enjoying my creations!

#5cassieDecember 11, 2012, 1:35 pm

wow, your dough skills rock! my projects have never looked that awesome!

#6Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 11, 2012, 5:22 pm

Thank You Cassie, Sometimes I create really neat things but sometimes its a mess only ..hehe

#7Divya NDecember 11, 2012, 1:48 pm

I really like this bangle you have done…did you seal it in anyway for stability??

#8Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 11, 2012, 4:28 pm

Thanks Divya, And I haven’t sealed it yet with anything but I am thinking about adding some glitter..

#9DianaDecember 11, 2012, 2:09 pm

Beautiful!

#10Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 11, 2012, 4:28 pm

Thanks Diana

#11smartmaniaDecember 11, 2012, 2:33 pm

Very nice!! Best regards from Greece!!

#12Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 11, 2012, 4:29 pm

so sweet of you, Love from Pakistan..

#13micheleDecember 11, 2012, 3:02 pm

thanks for this recipe! it’s different from doughs I have made so I will have to try it out!

#14Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 11, 2012, 4:29 pm

Oh yes, sure..give it a try & you will like the result :)

#15Michelle LDecember 11, 2012, 3:58 pm

Love the pink version! This seems like a very cool recipe with simple ingredients. I have a lemon tree, too!

#16Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 11, 2012, 4:31 pm

Thanks Mich..and I have a small lemon plant but its always filled with lemons :)

#17divyaDecember 11, 2012, 6:43 pm

looks awesome..

#18Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 12, 2012, 9:23 am

Thank You divya..

#19Debi @ Adorned From AboveDecember 12, 2012, 12:33 am

I love this. I’m pinning it now. I have a link party called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop and would love to have you share this with everyone. It runs from Wednesday through midnight

#20Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 12, 2012, 9:23 am

Thank you, I would love to share more ;)

#21J.RaeDecember 12, 2012, 2:50 am

I featured you on my blog

#22Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 12, 2012, 9:24 am

Awww..thanks a bunch :D

#23Faiza QaiserDecember 12, 2012, 12:28 pm

I am writing down this recipe, need to do this ASAP . I have an old mirror in my home and i think i will decorate its sides with some roses, flowers and leaves. Thank you for the method :)

#24Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 12, 2012, 1:37 pm

Good, I would like to see your creations..feel free to send me via email whenever you will create something :) I am also thinking about decorating a mirror ..

#25Dr SoniaDecember 12, 2012, 4:35 pm

Awesome tutorial Khadija.Like you I too love clay crafts!

#26Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 13, 2012, 8:27 am

Agree..thanks Sonia & its a very easy version of making dough :)

#27GwenDecember 14, 2012, 9:37 am

This tutorial makes me so happy :)

I’m a new follower from Thumping Thursday bloghop.
Have a good weekend!

xo,

#28Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 16, 2012, 8:54 am

Thanks dear..always stay happy ;)

#29AmbreenDecember 14, 2012, 10:41 am

That sound so easy to make! Khadija, great tutorial & wonderful projects!

#30Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 16, 2012, 8:54 am

Thank you Ambreen..

#31YonaDecember 14, 2012, 6:50 pm

Oh wow – have to pin this for later. That is really amazing that you can create art from the homemade recipe…gotta try this one day.

#32Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 16, 2012, 8:55 am

Thanks for the visit & for enjoying my work. have fun!

#33DilaDecember 15, 2012, 9:54 pm

★ ♫♫

Passei para uma visitinha.
Bom fim de semana!
Beijinhos.
Brasil

♫♫♫♫

#34Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 16, 2012, 8:55 am

thank you dear..

#35Mariam (muslimarvels.tumblr.com)December 16, 2012, 3:03 am

Salaam alaikum sister Khadijah,

I hope you still remember me for I haven’t forgotten thee :)

Stay in touch, sister Khadijah :) this was, as always, an interesting post Masha-Allah!

Can I ask you how you managed to get your own website creativekhadijah.com???

I’d love to hear from you insha-Allah sister in Islam :)

May Allah always guide us to what He (Allah) loves and keep us away from what He (Allah) hates, sister Khadijah. Ameen. Love you for the sake of Allah, sis Khadijah :)

Take care and wasalaam

#36Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 16, 2012, 9:00 am

Walaikum Assalam dear sis..
    Thank you Mariam for the sweeeet comment, MashaAllah you are so sweet..
    I have a co-admin for this website & I am not doing this all alone..but I want to do so many important things with the webpage but my co-admin is a bit lazy/busy..so I am poor at this sometimes..

Thanks for asking about & I hope you are doing well..take care..

#37Katherines CornerDecember 16, 2012, 6:18 pm

I have never seen that formula before. Beautiful results. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo

#38Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 17, 2012, 6:49 pm

Thanks Katherine :)

#39Diana @ Nanny2MommyDecember 17, 2012, 12:45 am

Thank you for tutorial and sharing at Thumping Thursdays Blog Hop.

#40Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 17, 2012, 6:49 pm

Always welcome!

#41The Busy Bee’sDecember 17, 2012, 6:33 pm

Thank you for linking up to the blog hop Adorned From Above. We are co-hosting and appreciate you joining the party! Have a great day!
Host: Debi @ adornedfromabove.com
Co-Host: Joye & Myrna @ thebusybhive.blogspot.com
Co-Host: Linda @ withablast.com

#42Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 17, 2012, 6:50 pm

Thank You.. I will be visiting you all :)

#43StaceyDecember 18, 2012, 3:36 am

Very clever!
Thanks for linking up to the party!
Stacey of Embracing Change

#44Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 19, 2012, 8:47 am

Welcome dear!

#45Rose :: Fine Craft Guild .comDecember 18, 2012, 11:05 pm

Wow. THANK YOU for sharing your recipe. Thank you for linking it up at the linky party

#46Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 19, 2012, 8:49 am

Thanks Rose! have fun :)

#47RebekahDecember 22, 2012, 10:21 pm

Looks great! I have a question. When you make your piece of jewelry with this dough, do you just let the dough air dry? How long does it usually take for the piece to be ready to wear?

#48Khadija’s Creative MindDecember 24, 2012, 10:11 am

Thanks & yes,air dried.. after creating any piece of jewelry, I just leave it for a few hours & for the best result 12 hours time is OK..!!

#49mahayMay 17, 2013, 3:13 pm

its so easy and nice method. Thank u so much sweet heart. Can i use food colors in case if i dont find ur mentioned colors? Secondly how long it can be used after packing in plastic bag?

#50ChiquitaAugust 16, 2013, 7:13 pm

Hello just wanted to know. If the dough hardens and dries without cracking???? And if you can paint it while still moist????? Need for a church craft for the kids. Thanks in advance

#51Khadija’s Creative MindAugust 17, 2013, 10:34 am

Mahay,
Yes dear you can use food colors too,(available in powder form.)
And they can be used for 3,4 months if packed in air tight bag & jar.

Chiquita;
The dough will not be cracking after getting dry.and if you feel moist dont paint, let it dry, then paint :)

Thanks everyone!!

#52JetteSeptember 7, 2013, 2:47 am

I want to make ‘fossils’ with kids for my son’s 4th birthday, will this work for that?

#53Khadija’s Creative MindSeptember 14, 2013, 11:03 am

Hi Jette;
sorry for being late, well I m not sure what kind of fossils you wanna make? I think it would be ok otherwise..

#54hibbaOctober 23, 2013, 1:06 pm

Mam can you please tell me k aap ki jewelry main glossy or shiny look kaisay ati ha I mean aap end pay apni jewelry per kya use karti hain ?

#55Khadija’s Creative MindOctober 23, 2013, 3:23 pm

Hi Hibba, I use mod podge gloss jiski waja sy shine ajati hy dough pr, mod podge to available nehi hy pk me, ap lacquer spray use kr skti ho for is purpose.. I hope it helps :)

#56cynthiaNovember 20, 2013, 8:18 am

hi ur post seems to be very interesting .. and i feel that i should try it out one day . but i have a doubt do we have to heat it ?? i mean the glue lemon and the cornflour mix??? and can we use fevicol??? plz do reply..

#57Khadija’s Creative MindNovember 21, 2013, 9:17 am

Hi Cynthia,
Heating this dough is not compulsory but if you will do it for a few seconds, it will be getting smoother..
And I can not recommend fevicol, because I have never tried with that..
Thanks :)

#58PunithaDecember 27, 2013, 10:42 am

Dear Khadiga
This Dough clay recipes are really interesting can you kindly answer how to make designs by using dough clay. Is any molds available for designs? and any other alternative is available for colouring?
Thanks & Regards
V.punitha

#59Khadija’s Creative MindJanuary 3, 2014, 5:16 pm

Punitha;
Hi..you can create different designs with cutters which are usually used for cooking & baking.. you can also mix any fabric colors in the dough. be sure to not to have any water based color in it.
Thank you.

#60lesflo12February 22, 2014, 3:36 pm

Do you just air dry this to make it hard? Do you have to varnish it after it dries?

#61Khadija’s Creative MindFebruary 23, 2014, 8:18 am

Yes Lesflo12, I only air dry these.no baking or any other way! And for varnish, when it will get dry, apply a single coat of modpodge gloss. I did it.

#62lesflo12February 23, 2014, 6:36 pm

Thank you so much, for returning my questions answer, so promptly, I appreciate it immensely. I would love to try this as soon as possible just need to buy the glue and then I will try it, can’t wait!!! Yay! And thank you again Khadija, you are truly fantastic!

#63Khadija’s Creative MindFebruary 25, 2014, 11:52 am

So nice of you :) Thanks! Let me know/show whatever you done with your handmade dough.

#64soniMarch 22, 2014, 7:15 am

i made dough but it does’t shine………. what i do…? :(

#65Khadija’s Creative MindMarch 22, 2014, 10:20 am

soni ;
for the shine, I apply mod podge gloss on the dough creation. so try any sealer glue & see if it works for you!
Thanks soni :)

#66mariumApril 9, 2014, 10:46 am

hi h r u khadija
want to know we will cook the dough or not??????
n tell me what is lacquer spray?

#67Khadija’s Creative MindApril 9, 2014, 11:05 am

Hi Marium,
I am fine Alhamdulillah.
You don’t need to cook or bake this dough, and a lacquer spray is kind of varnish. for shine and sealing the surface!

#68tabiJune 1, 2014, 7:13 am

HEY KHADIJA, DO YOU TAKE DOUGH JEWELLERY CLASSES ?? I LIKE YOUR WORK AND WANT TO LEARN IT!!!! KINDLY LET ME KNOW.

#69Khadija’s Creative MindJune 1, 2014, 7:20 am

Hi Tabi;
I am teaching online..so you can learn from my website easily :)

Nickname:
E-mail:
Website:
Comment:

Other articlesgo to homepage

Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY

Vintage Style Planner Decoupage DIY(42)

My love for vintage stuff is never ending, I collect antiques whenever I get a chance, like international coins & currency, mail stamps and some other random things like this. I design my business planner/dairy cover while keeping the vintage theme in my mind. So here today I am going to share a planner cover

Decorate Headband with Collage Clay & Beads

Decorate Headband with Collage Clay & Beads(25)

Recently I had a wonderful experience of Crafting with Kids, It was so fun! I enjoyed a lot & feel pleasure while crafting, My Niece is about 7 years old & she have some creative cells inside, so whenever she is visiting us (she lives far away from our city) She is always interested in

DIY Independence Day Pendant

DIY Independence Day Pendant(16)

Month of August is very special for us Pakistanis, because it’s the month of independence, 14th August 1947 was the day when we got freedom. Too much struggle, efforts, difficult situations around but the whole Nation is working hard with unity for the peace and prosperity of our dear country.. So Happy 67 years my

Ribbon Flower Headbands #ForSale

Ribbon Flower Headbands #ForSale(12)

I sell my handmade creations on & off & its fun to create for others..I create for my family & friends a lot but I specially enjoy getting online feed back of my readers/followers this way! Mostly I sell abroad and sometime in Pakistan too, I enjoy doing everything arty crafty & creative! So here

Gift Packing Idea with Washi Tape

Gift Packing Idea with Washi Tape(19)

Holy month of Ramadan is passing quickly.. Its hard to believe that its ending in a few days now! Very quick..Well my Ramadan days were going great & I had great time Alhamdulillah. Now Eid is around the corner.. Yeah..the Eid festival is like a gift to us after fasting for the whole month. Now

Contacts and information

CreativeKhadija is an effort to share some random stuff & tutorials. Via this Khadija is trying to teach easy things and enjoy reading your feedback about my work.

If you have any queries or suggestions feel free to write me at: kkcreativemind@hotmail.com

Social networks